Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It's Monday night and everyone is too busy to be on the thread! Oh no!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

nah just trying not to rant.

Trying to keep awake here, already had coffee, tea... end of the tour not coming soon enough.
  • BodyByBex
    edited November 2015
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

nah just trying not to rant.

Trying to keep awake here, already had coffee, tea... end of the tour not coming soon enough.

Having 'fun' doing all sorts of education center courses in the hopes of getting a raise. Bleh.

ETA: Right now, it's a course on workplace anger....it's making me angry. :angry:
  • BodyByBex
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If I hear the word 'angry' one more time... :rage::rage:

ETA: AND my yearly goals are complete. Now to take it up a notch and do a couple extra classes on here tomorrow and then do the book report thing...
  • belimawr
    Options
    Having 'fun' doing all sorts of education center courses in the hopes of getting a raise. Bleh.

ETA: Right now, it's a course on workplace anger....it's making me angry. :angry:

Heh... because those courses never really work.

Trying not to eye the office candy jar...

Good luck in the courses. I keep playing with the idea, then tell myself I could never make it work.

I was just looking up breakfast egg recipes to do something different than just throwing peppers and onions in a dish with eggs.

What some people call "breakfast" amazes me. I'm not talking about content and health wise. I'm just thinking that breakfast, being the first meal of the day, should take less than 3 hours to prepare. If that were me I'd be HANGRY by time to eat!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius You posted another video! *SQUEE!*

I'm totally subscribed and I find myself looking forward to each of your videos because you're a person I actually almost kind of actually KNOW who has a functioning YouTube channel and it makes me want to start one. Though I have no idea what I would do with one if I had one....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

Heh... because those courses never really work.

Trying not to eye the office candy jar...

Good luck in the courses. I keep playing with the idea, then tell myself I could never make it work.

I was just looking up breakfast egg recipes to do something different than just throwing peppers and onions in a dish with eggs.

What some people call "breakfast" amazes me. I'm not talking about content and health wise. I'm just thinking that breakfast, being the first meal of the day, should take less than 3 hours to prepare. If that were me I'd be HANGRY by time to eat!

And then you scarf the food down so fast you don't even actually enjoy it.
  • belimawr
    Options
    And then you scarf the food down so fast you don't even actually enjoy it.

That's me with everything, unfortunately. At work, scarfing between phone calls, have become so accustomed to it that even at home I do it, as much as I try to keep in mind to slow down.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Did... not... sleep... very tempted to hit up that jar of unadulterated sugar...
  • belimawr
    Options
    because you're a person I actually almost kind of actually KNOW who has a functioning YouTube channel and it makes me want to start one. Though I have no idea what I would do with one if I had one....

I was thinking that same thing when she posted the first (that I admittedly did not watch, because well, the subject matter applies not to me)... it would be nice to have something of value to actually make me want to produce my own youtube video.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    The incompetence of our dispatchers is REALLY starting to get to me.... :rage::rage:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I slept like 10+ hours both days off between sleep and naps. I needed it so bad. I always eat too fast, even when I'm not home. Thanks to years of not getting a lunch break and having to keep answering 911/radio while eating. And sucky dispachers are a pain in the *kitten* to work with, in and out of the center. I feel your pain @lilaclovebird
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    (peeks in the doorway): you guys still here?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    (peeks in the doorway): you guys still here?

Ohai! *waves*
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm here!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    awesome...the old gang is still hanging at the Central Perk. :) just read through and caught up a bit...glad everyone is doing (mostly and reasonably) well. and yeah..."Chipot-LAID" is now an official thing...that's totally taking up residence in my vocabulary. Not that I foresee any imminent opportunities to test the theory - but that's fine for the moment. somehow when i wasn't really paying attention - stuff got kinda hectic around here. :)
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It always does when I leave too, I miss the best conversations lol
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Never fails that when I'm working, it gets quiet. Boo
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah all the cool stuff happens in here while I'm daywalking!
  • belimawr
    Options
    Know what I hate? I haven't been sleeping more than two or three hours a day. Last night was a real bad night at work, constant action and now I sit here at the kitchen table at home, wired, as if I just drank twenty cups of coffee. Can't sleep abd I badly need it.

The crows outside are going nuts, must be a cat around but I don't see anything. They have been squawking non stop now for twenty minutes... I think I need to tell them Halloween was two weeks ago and they're a bit late.