Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person left in the universe that has never eaten at Chipotle?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't either. Was going to a few weeks ago when I was in the area of Seattle but my friends decided to hit up a local bar instead. Kind of glad I didn't with the recent E.coli out break causing all of the Chipotle's in OR and WA to close down recently.

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I went for the first and last time several months ago. If want Mexican...it ain't Mexican. I'm not saying it is bad...but I can make something at home that tastes just like it...not very unique...but again...not bad...more blah than bad...but clearly I must be missing something because everyone else loves it!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I agree with Frankie. It's not really Mexican. If you go with that in mind, it's not bad food. If you go thinking you're going for Mexican, you'll be disappointed. Unless you get Chipot-laid. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Nope.

I avoid those sorts of places, as it's what I call "mass produced". Not that there's anything wrong with that in itself, but I find that kind of food tends to lack any flavor because it's intended to appeal to the widest audience possible, and therefore, going to be conservative. If I want a specific culture food, it's going to be authentic. And that kind of stuff, I want peppers that are going to set my mouth on fire... I can't see Chipoltle doing that.
    Fisher4858 wrote: »
    How is everybody just out here camping

Jealous. I can't find anyone to go with, so it just doesn't happen, and camping by myself is no fun Done it, didn't like it. It's been at least twenty years since I've done real camping... my recent Appalachian day hikes I guess are the closest I will get for a while.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I love me some Chipotle but the closest one to my house is 40mins away and I can make my own at home for much cheaper. I won't ever turn it down but I don't go outta my way either. I'm married to a Hispanic guy and his cooking is way better lol

Ever have a day where you feel like God (or the Universe) is testing your patience?? Today is my day apparently...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I have a meme saved on my phone that says "One day I was born, then everything bothered me. That pretty much sums it up." That pretty much sums me up....I feel like every day of my life tests my patience...

Speaking of that...there are some drunk dudes outside being loud as hell...one of them is just being obnoxiously loud for laughs...my patience is running real thin already and I've only been here for 25 minutes...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have a meme saved on my phone that says "One day I was born, then everything bothered me. That pretty much sums it up." That pretty much sums me up....I feel like every day of my life tests my patience...

Speaking of that...there are some drunk dudes outside being loud as hell...one of them is just being obnoxiously loud for laughs...my patience is running real thin already and I've only been here for 25 minutes...

Oh man. Don't lose it! Don't lose it!

I've only been to Chipotle twice in my whole life. Both times, I got laid after. :wink:

I hope I can keep that streak going! :lol:

@belimawr It definitely doesn't set your mouth on fire.
    @bethanie0825 My father is Mexican(born in Juarez) and he makes AMAZING burritos and wraps them way better too so they hold together better and aren't such a mess. :confounded:
  • bethanie0825
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The guac I missed out on. There's some left so I'll nosh on that for dinner. Way better than Chipotle.

d9fwprnqivse.jpeg
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I can taste the cilantro now...mmm
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I can taste the cilantro now...mmm

I don't like cilantro...too much of it is SUPER gross to me. All spices in moderation, please! :yum:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I like cilantro in moderation, but it can be easily overdone. However, I don't like guac, because I don't like avocados. Weird, right?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I like cilantro in moderation, but it can be easily overdone. However, I don't like guac, because I don't like avocados. Weird, right?

I will eat ALL of your avocados, so don't worry! :mrgreen:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I will eat ALL of your avocados, so don't worry! :mrgreen:

Such a pal!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    And I'll eat all the cilantro! There is never too much for me! I even like it straight out of the garden/bag. My kiddo loves it and used to steal sprigs of it at the grocery store when she was 2 or 3...she knows better now though!
  • kacotugno86
    kacotugno86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Must. Not. Eat. Until the am.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I can't get enough cilantro. I add it to salsa and tacos. My hubby lucked out bc lots of peeps don't like it one bit. We do a simply guac; just avocados mashed up with salt and lime. We don't have always have the veggies on hand for chunky guac. If you've never put guac on a hotdog, you're missing out. Just saying <3
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Must. Not. Eat. Until the am.

I do this. They way my diary is set up, I can NOT EAT ANYTHING until after midnight.

I just ate a half a can of soup and now I wish I sprung the extra money and got low sodium progresso. While I LOVE soup in the cooler weather, this is just WAY too salty for me and now I feel nauseous. :confounded:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I can't get enough cilantro. I add it to salsa and tacos. My hubby lucked out bc lots of peeps don't like it one bit. We do a simply guac; just avocados mashed up with salt and lime. We don't have always have the veggies on hand for chunky guac. If you've never put guac on a hotdog, you're missing out. Just saying <3

I put tartar sauce on my hot dogs....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Just avocados, lime and salt...that is my kind of guac! In high school my besties and boyfriends were Mexican and that is how they always had it at their houses and I grew to prefer it that way. My fiance (who is a white guy) makes guac that it good but it has a million things in it...I'm like, no...that isn't guac...it is some kinda avocado dip...but it ain't guac to me.

On my hot dogs? Sweet cornbread batter...skewered & deep fried...with yellow mustard.