Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Back to work. Two days off. Haven't had that in awhile. It was really nice to play with the kids and spend the night with my family. Wish I could do it again. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Know what I hate? I haven't been sleeping more than two or three hours a day. Last night was a real bad night at work, constant action and now I sit here at the kitchen table at home, wired, as if I just drank twenty cups of coffee. Can't sleep abd I badly need it.

The crows outside are going nuts, must be a cat around but I don't see anything. They have been squawking non stop now for twenty minutes... I think I need to tell them Halloween was two weeks ago and they're a bit late.

Been there. I feel for you on this one. I hope you got some sleep and maybe got a couple crows for lunch.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Friday the 13th not starting off well. Lost my camera battery and almost camera on my way walking in from the front gate, as my bag opened and I didn't realize it. The camera hit the pavement, can't even tell if it works till I get a new battery. So, a couple of bucks for a new one, and $300 if the camera itself broke. *sigh*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th. That's my lucky day. :+1:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'm so happy you got 2 days off to reset and hang out with your family. That's awesome.

I've been eating like crap lately. I haven't even been trying. Logging it all but no effort whatsoever. Back at it this weekend.
  • belimawr
    Options
    I've been eating like crap lately. I haven't even been trying. Logging it all but no effort whatsoever. Back at it this weekend.

Consider it a break. :) We need one of them once in a while.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Consider it a break and now it's time to get back on it. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Truth. I did need a minute but back on the horse I go. You guys rock. I was kinda beating myself up about it but not so much now. :)
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I hardcore want ALL THE SALTY THINGS right now.

I have to start setting out breakfast soon. Ew.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    whats the best way to adjust to night shift? next year, I start coming at 3am-11am. trying to take OT as much as I can now to get used to it
  • belimawr
    Options
    Truth. I did need a minute but back on the horse I go. You guys rock. I was kinda beating myself up about it but not so much now. :)

I beat myself up about anything and everything, so I get it.
  • belimawr
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    whats the best way to adjust to night shift? next year, I start coming at 3am-11am. trying to take OT as much as I can now to get used to it

I've done it three years, still have not adjusted. Some people just can't.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Ok, here's my TMI moment:

Some of you will say duh, some of you may find it useful. I made lunch, brought squash which I cook in the toaster here. Slightly raw when I ate it, thought no big deal.

Turned out to be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry painful experience. Very, with a capital VERY.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

there's no way to get adjusted prior to doing it. Once you start night shift, the best way is to try to keep your schedule the same, even on your days off.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

there's no way to get adjusted prior to doing it. Once you start night shift, the best way is to try to keep your schedule the same, even on your days off.

This. Also, a lot of it is experimintation, figuring out what eating /drinking/sleeping schedule works best for you.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My Friday the 13th was fine, got the house cleaned up a bit, that is about it. Sorry to hear others isn't so uneventful.

We did some Christmas decorating over the (our) weekend! I'll be honest...I frickin' LOVE Christmas but the last three years I didn't really feel like celebrating...didn't get out the decorations...just a tree and even that was decorated by my Christmas hating fiance. So that was really cool! Made some delicous dinners...roasted chicken with taters and veggies, white chili. Filmed a video with my fiance but I need to redo it. It is from my "bad side", I had been up 24 hours and my makeup was shabby. But if was fun to film anyway!

Thanks for the kind words @lilaclovebird!

I have a "What's In My Bag Tag" going up tonight. Few others in the can and a few planned. I have the weekend to myself, kiddo is going to both grams this weekend so I'll be filming a few more the next few days.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Went up to KC yesterday to visit the WWI museum for an assignment. Met another MFPer for lunch and got a little Christmas shopping done, was home by 10pm. It was nice to get away, even if it was just a day trip.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Went up to KC yesterday to visit the WWI museum for an assignment. Met another MFPer for lunch and got a little Christmas shopping done, was home by 10pm. It was nice to get away, even if it was just a day trip.

I did something similar. Some friends from out of town were visiting and I met them over in San Antonio and we did ALL the THINGS! I had a pretty good time, made it back in time for choir practice. Today I got some Christmas shopping done and found out I will be getting a $400 bonus for working the Hidden Pines Fire AND a free T-shirt!

I saw the 170 pound mark when I woke up this morning but somehow gained 3 pounds during my afternoon nap. :smirk:

Almost got into TWO major car wrecks on the way back from shopping. I, and my car, survived Friday the 13th! :grin:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Speaking of near misses. I ALMOST hit a kitty on the way in tonight. I hit the brakes and swerved and waited for that dreaded thump. Didn't feel/hear it, kept going and saw him scamper across the street. Phew...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sooo...in the last half-hour, I've kicked out a drunk homeless guy with a leg brace who looked like he'd been in a bar fight AND had a serious case of Tourette's, and got asked out by a 20-yr-old guest.