WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy day before Eclipse Day!

Made some applesauce: turned out fine, sweeter than what I thought it would be. Good news - very, very few worms.... grateful as last year, most of my crop (we have three little dwarf trees) had these little invaders. :p

Lenora - neat idea hiding the rocks at Publix - I would have never thought to do that. Will be fun for folks to find.

Becca - thinking of you! <3

Rori - sorry to hear about your DH but it's great that he's healthy and happy - that means a lot! Did they prescribe any medications to try to slow the progress? My mom was on Aricept 10 years ago, it was very expensive then and she was late stage when started. I see prices are a lot better now for the generic with a GoodRX card. Trip to CA = great idea. :)

Heather
    - thanks again for the "tour" - bet it's great to sleep in your own bed, especially after the ordeal getting home. Whew!

Pip - I may need you to give me the boot. Have to get into jeans I haven't worn for a while on Wednesday and I hope they haven't shrunk hanging in the closet again! I don't know what goes on in that little dark room. Hoping the strength training is turning fat to muscle. I rounded up all the Reese Cups and Little Debbies yesterday and put them in the car - will drop them off at the courthouse tomorrow when I do a MG plant clinic. Those people will eat anything. >:)

Meg - hope your computer feels better. Mine gets weird sometimes when there's a Windows Update...or some other stuff going on the background. Sometimes just leaving it alone for a while helps. They get grumpy. B)

That's the latest!

Lanette
    SW WA State

::::: strappin on da boot:::::::
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: DD and I had a good day yesterday at the Mustang Makeover. The kids doing their freestyles were terrific. One little girl was only nine years old and training a wild mustang baby. The kids just do ground work because the horses they are given are too young to ride. We walked a lot both on the grounds and through the stables. The adults did really well too. A man from near here, Stanwood WA, won the overall and his horse sold for $6500. It was fun to see how creative they could be and what music they chose. Ate before we went and took healthy snacks so food was not a problem.

Rori - Sorry to hear about your DH. Santa Barbara sounds awesome.

Katla - Glad you got to make the trip even if DH was mad at you for a while. I think he will come round since the traffic tangles did not materialize.

Pip - Twinkie is looking awesome for his fall trip to the Skagit fairgrounds.

Mia - Glad your day came out on the plus side. It was quite eventful.

Lanette - Yay for that strength training. I need to do more of that.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip, you can unstrap the boot.... the pants fit fine with room to spare! I can't say enough about strength training - all those leg exercises with 14# ankle weights are paying off. <3

U lucked out, I have a pretty good kick, lololol
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip, you can unstrap the boot.... the pants fit fine with room to spare! I can't say enough about strength training - all those leg exercises with 14# ankle weights are paying off. <3

U lucked out, I have a pretty good kick, lololol

That right there is a reason to stay on the program! B) Keep the boot tho in case I fall off the wagon. :'(

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State (where it just might be cloudy and foggy tomorrow morning after I went to all the work of punching a hole in a paper plate... to watch the eclipse :( We'll see!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did a Firm Power yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do ASAP Band Fitness DVD

Well, I drove to Denise's and I didn't even get lost! Let me tell you, it is stressful (at least to me) driving, especially on 95. But I got there, and I even got back to Jess'. I'll drive home tomorrow. Took carrots and tomatoes in the car with me so I didn't even have to stop for lunch.

Sharon - glad to hear you had such a good time. Good luck wth your "cocktail". So sorry about your car.

Denise got her veil and jewelry. Personally, knowing Denise, I'm surprised she would wear costume jewelry. Yes, I paid for it. Did I get a "thank you". Nope. Guess it's because it was mom who got it. Remember how she went "oh thank you. I love you" when Pete's mom bought her dress. But the only time she can pick up her dress is on a Wed or Fri. She made an appt for a Wed because she wants to get her hair & makeup done before she goes for her final fitting. Jess isn't sure she can get off work. So I told her that if Jess can't go, I will. The other girls will have the exact same problem -- getting off work. So, if Jess can't make it, mom to the rescue (again!). But I think I only have to make this trip 3 more times. I'll post a pic of Denise's final outfit as soon as I get home.

gigglez - do you think you caused any of us any pain??? If you do, you're mistaken. No pain here, only love and support

Well, want to get to bed. Yes, I know that it's only 9:00. But I'm thinking that I'll need to get up at 3 to finish packing, get dressed, feed Shadow, and exercise. I want to be on the road by 5 so that I get home by 12. Hopefully, there won't be much traffic.

Michele from NC, going home from VA tomorrow
  • pipcd34
    Options
    X
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Joyce, that is a lot of money for drugs plus paying for your insurance. It is just outrageous what some prescriptions cost.

Sharon, so glad you had a good time camping. It’s wonderful to be able to share experiences like that with good friends.

NYKaren, I hope you enjoy your weights appointment.

Heather, glad you got home safely even if it was a long trip. I enjoyed your adventures so very much and hope you will think of other things to share with us.

Lanette, congrats on the jeans fitting with room to spare. Keep it up!

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’ve been pretty lazy lately and not doing much other than cooking. Tonight I made a Taco Casserole. Last night DH grilled chicken and I baked some veggies. It has been so hot the past 3 days that we have Heat Advisories. They do that when the Heat Index is above 107 degrees. Needless to say I stay in most of the time. Tomorrow night I have a Moose meeting. Do you think we will be talking about the eclipse?

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    had to take my skinny bike to the bike shop, not shifting right. taking my winter bike while it gets fixed. gotta have the skinny bike good for the ride
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options