Replies

• 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    jlemoore wrote: »
    SWR17: 155
    GWR17: 153

Number of perfect days in a row: 3
    9/21: Wine night. Do I go? Or do I log 5 days in a row of perfection?

Which will make you feel better? 5 consecutive days of perfection or enjoying the company of friends/family/coworkers/meeting new people?

Which will you remember before you die? 5 days of perfection or wine night? :wink:
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,251 Member
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    Ok, I need help. I've lost over 30 lbs. and just cannot see the difference. As a consequence, I'm feeling down and hopeless about my weight loss. I'm doing all the right things (taking pics, how clothes fit, and measurements; focusing on how I feel; making fitness goals; not over restricting; have taken a diet break, etc.) None of it helps. I'd love to hear how you guys get to the other side when it all seems useless. Thanks all.

@eyer0ll do you take measurements? .. You may be one of those people (like me) who gain and lose weight all over the body at the same time, which makes it very difficult to see weight going on and coming off, because the body is still in the same proportion

The measurements help me as I still cant see a difference. in the mirror,
    but
    my bust has lost 3 and 1/2 inches
    my waist has lost 3 and 1/2 inches
    my hips have lost 2 and 3/4 inches

so I know I am heading in the right direction

@Slimpossible007 Yep, I measure and clothes do fit better so intellectually I know I'm doing the right things but I JUST. CANNOT. SEE. IT. It's so discouraging. I am relying on sheer stubbornness right now (which I have an ample supply of) but it's tiring. Whiiiiiiiine.

@eyer0ll as long as you KNOW you are losing .... focus on that .. the mirrors and the mind will catch up .. they are tricky things and like to throw us curve balls

I'm exactly the same I see zero change in the mirror .and due to that I get discouraged . but I know its happening because the scale and the measuring tape tell me otherwise :)

I sometimes hold the tape measure at my old size just to look at the difference those inches make ... it helps to see the big empty space that used to have more of me filling it (if that made sense) :)

• rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Highest weight: 242 on April 1
    SW: R 14: 226 .......... EW R14: 224.3
    SW: R15: 224.4 ....... EW R15: 222.6
    SW: R16: 222.4 ....... EW R16: 222.8
    SW: R17: 223.1
    Goal for Round 17: 220
    Ultimate Goal: 141

Day/Weight/Comment

9/20: 223.1
    Off to a great start-exercise this morning, and within calories today! Water looking good! Let's see if we can find
    that 220 in the next 10 days! I'm game if you are!!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    End R7: 215

9/20: 198 -- over calories, no workout.

Ok, I need help. I've lost over 30 lbs. and just cannot see the difference. As a consequence, I'm feeling down and hopeless about my weight loss. I'm doing all the right things (taking pics, how clothes fit, and measurements; focusing on how I feel; making fitness goals; not over restricting; have taken a diet break, etc.) None of it helps. I'd love to hear how you guys get to the other side when it all seems useless. Thanks all.

I think you are being way to hard on yourself 30 lbs is fabulous!! I haven't had this expirence before and do feel concerned about you. Can you see other positives? Like maybe you can walk up a flight of stairs way easier now or you have more energy? Maybe there are other issues and talking to someone and figuring out your feelings would help (like your doctor)? Are you finding yourself obsessed about your weightloss?
  • nikki062181
    nikki062181 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    ElleEm72 wrote: »
    Hello! So I'm new to challenges and posting in them. I want to put in my days weight however not sure what the best way to do it is. Is there no way of editing my original post or do I have to copy and paste and keep adding replies on a daily basis?
    Thanks for the help! :)

You can copy and paste if you'd like, but I personally just hit the quote button, remove everything in the brackets on the first row, and the quote in the brackets at the bottom. :)
  • nikki062181
    nikki062181 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Ready to go again

Current weight: 135.8
    8 week goal: 125
    Long term goal: 115?

9/20 135.8 was lower yesterday but ate a burrito for dinner last night because kitchen sink exploded.
    9/21
    9/22
    9/23
    9/24
    9/25
    9/26
    9/27
    9/28
    9/29
    9/30

Your kitchen sink exploded?
  • mhaunga