February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I took an extended break after my last marathon in Oct. I'll save the details of the ups and downs, but I'm detrained and fat again. At the moment, I'm not focusing on weight loss. I'm going to focus on diet (not calories) and exercise. As I'm in a state of transition with muscle training (becoming fat adapted again), my goal for Feb. is going to be fairly low. So will March.

February goal: 65 miles

Welcome back! Going solely on anecdotal stories and personal experience - it seems coming back is far easier than getting there the first time. :)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @Starflight00 thanks so much! I am a huge lover of animals so this fundraiser is near and dear to my heart every year.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I took an extended break after my last marathon in Oct. I'll save the details of the ups and downs, but I'm detrained and fat again. At the moment, I'm not focusing on weight loss. I'm going to focus on diet (not calories) and exercise. As I'm in a state of transition with muscle training (becoming fat adapted again), my goal for Feb. is going to be fairly low. So will March.

Welcome back! Going solely on anecdotal stories and personal experience - it seems coming back is far easier than getting there the first time. :)

@PastorVincent I believe that to be true, but was struggling with an HR >170 at about 6.2 mph on the treadmill last night.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

@PastorVincent I believe that to be true, but was struggling with an HR >170 at about 6.2 mph on the treadmill last night.

EASIER does not mean easy :):D Stick with it, you got this. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I have a warning for people who use Strava. Please set your profile to "enhanced security". It is also a good idea to not have your actual picture as your profile picture. There is also a setting that allows you to hide your starting location if you are leaving from your house.

I have a friend who joined a local Strava running group. A gentleman in the online group starting "bumping into her" on her regular runs. He then started showing up at her house unannounced. She had to change her entire running routine and dropped Strava as a result. Be careful everyone!

in addition to this, use the Hidden Locations options. You can hide a radius of up to 5/8th of a mile around set postal codes - this means whilst a person can know the city you live in, they won't be able to see where exactly you start and finish your run, and so figure out where you live/work etc. You can do this for multiple addresses.

Absolutely use the privacy functions - but just as a warning if you like the social features (such as the clubs, leaderboards, challenges, and so on) using the privacy functions will limit what you can do.

Read up on the settings here:
    https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918777-Privacy-Settings

And here
    https://blog.strava.com/privacy-14288/

And set them to what makes you happiest :)