360 minutes a week exercise challenge

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hey, all you movers and shakers...it's time to make it count...it's about making life style changes and this is the place to do it!!!:bigsmile:

All exercise counts...Instead of driving, ride a bike or walk...point is, you got to aim for 360 minutes a week...squeeze everything in that you can

We'll start Monday and end on Sunday

If your up for the challenge introduce yourself, what's your goal, what's your motivation, what's your downfall and get moving:wink:

Kim, I'm a mom with 4 kids and a nurse. I have lost 10 lbs since started...biggest downfall is alcohol:drinker: which packs the calories...I will check in daily to keep me accountable:grumble:

Good luck!!!

Replies

• Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!! woww this is alot of exercise!!!
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi, that's how much I've been working out anyways, so I thought I join, and that way I have another reason to keep my workout schedule the same.

My name is Sheila, I have 3 kids and I have a goal weight of 130, however my real goal is not so much based on the scale, I just want to fit into all my clothes again and my skinny jeans waiting in my closet. So if I make that goal of fitting in my clothes but I weigh 145, then I'll be content with that. I used to be really comfortable at 130 lbs, but I never had any muscle mass, but I do now. So I'm almost sure I will fit into my clothes, with more on the scale, but I guess I 'll just have to wait and see!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Do the best you can...squeeze in small amounts...one week jump start
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like an awesome challenge!!

My name is Erin and my goal is 120. I have lost about 10 pounds since I joined MFP and now I am at a plateu. I haven't been eating the best or exercising a lot this past week so this challenege would be a great way to get back into the swing of things!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've done miserable with exercise this week and maybe this will make me feel more accountable.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm in! I've done miserable with exercise this week and maybe this will make me feel more accountable.

Trent, glad your joining...I did a month of this on another thread and decided I was way more accountable

Welcome Erin, Louise and Sheila...we are gonna put on some miles:smokin:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm in too Kim. My goal will be 200 min. a week, that's what mfp recommends. We'll see if I can top it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm in too Kim. My goal will be 200 min. a week, that's what mfp recommends. We'll see if I can top it!

Go, shimmy mama, you can zumba your way there!!!
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I've been doing 30 - 40 minutes 4 - 5 days a week. And it's only been ME getting in the way of bumping it up. So this is as good a reason as any to motivate myself to do it.
    It's nice out now, so even if I can't get the full 60 done in the morning, I can certainly take a walk after work!
    Thanks for the thread.
    Kirsten
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am in! I do a 30 minute walk 2 times a day so that equals 60 minutes. Then I do a dvd 5 day out of the week which is 25 minutes long. But this will keep me motivated to KEEP doing it and not fall behind! I need to lose some weight and fast! :)
  • divachris2
    divachris2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am In! I got off track last weekend (Memorial Day weekend) so hopefully this will help!
    My name is Chris and I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago and replaced my addiction to food and gained 42lbs so far I have lost 24 and fit into SOME of my clothes but I need to keep going and I love this challenge!Thank you!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi, i'm glad i've found this group.

i would like to be in on this challenge. for my 1st week i am setting my goal at 500mins, i already walk for ove 60mins a day, attend the gym and do running club, so this will help keep me motivated to get out and walk and to use my gym membership.

cant wait until monday!!
  • cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am ready to take your challenge! I love the accountability and the competitiveness! My name is Charlene and I've lost 60 pounds and needed something different to keep me going when my friend introduced me to MFP yesterday. I want to lose 70 more pounds and be able to run, jump, and shop for cute clothes! I am 49 and want to feel alive! My downfall is Mexican food and margaritas. I love Zumba, walking and my elliptical trainer. I have an awesome group of friends that support me and enter 5Ks with me to keep me company. It's become a social thing for us! Thank you Chris, April, and Karen!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    WOW...looks like we have a great motivated group...Starting date is Monday, planning will be key. Especially for me, lots of kids' ballgames to attend. My strategy has been to ride my bike there instead of driving. I do classes at the gym and should pull out the jillian michaels DVDs (it's too pretty outside for DVDs). MN summers are way to short as it is.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ok Kim - I'm in.

I'm doing the shred, this will hopefully force me to do another 30 on the ellitpcial or wii. Maybe even take a walk with my kids.

As for intros - I'm Shannon. I work full time and have twin girls who are 2 1/2. If I could just absorb their energy I would have no problem. My first goal is to get to 140, that's 10 pounds to lose. I would like to at least lose 5 by July.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I would like to at least lose 5 by July.

Just do what you can do...goat is to just get moving somehow...I can do the 30 day shred with you...L1, L2, L3...there short and easy...let me know what you think
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I would like to at least lose 5 by July.

Just do what you can do...goat is to just get moving somehow...I can do the 30 day shred with you...L1, L2, L3...there short and easy...let me know what you think

You can if you want. I am following a group on here. I will do L1D4 tonight. Zumba starts the 14th. I think I need the extra with just the shred though, so this will help get me doing more I think.
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    i'm in! my name is elyse. my first goal is to get to 150 (and i'm sooooo close at 151.9 yesterday!) but my overall goal is to get to 125 or 130. i love to exercise so this sounds like a good challenge for me! right now my motivation is that all of my cousins seem to be getting engaged/married now, so i want to look awesome in their wedding pictures!

are we starting this coming up monday (june 7) or now?
  • nisijam5
    Options

You can start now!!! I was thinking officially Monday, the 7th...I wanted to give people a chance to get on-board...if it works out well...we will keep going...winner can pick the next challenge
  • nehtaeh
    Options

You can start now!!! I was thinking officially Monday, the 7th...I wanted to give people a chance to get on-board...if it works out well...we will keep going...winner can pick the next challenge

I think we should do it longer than one week, but weekly.