360 minutes a week exercise challenge

Options

Replies

• joanewright
    Options
    First day! I started the "3 Weeks to a 30 minute Running Habit".

Day 1- Warm up/cool down-20 min
    Run 1 min/Walk 1 min x 10

Made it through it! I get to do the same thing tomorrow:) Hopefully by the middle of July, I'll be running for 30 minutes straight! :bigsmile:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mon - 60 mins zumba, 27 mins shred.

Well on my way to a great week. I don't see a problem getting to 360 this week since I am doing a relay for life on Saturday and can walk as much as I want for 24 hours.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Week 3! Gotta make up for Week 2, I totally slacked

Monday- 30 min at the park, 40 min heavy cleaning (in laws coming next wed, doing it in spurts! lol)
    Tuesday- 56 min zumba ( I know I got jipped :tongue: ) , 28 min walking, 41 min "pool time" set up my daughters pool... I have to fill it with a 5 pound bucket from the bathtub... then she goes in for 2 min and then continuously gets in and out!

total- 195 remaining- 165
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mon - 60 mins zumba, 27 mins shred.
    Tues - 27 mins shred

Total 114
    Remaining 246
  • joanewright
    Options
    Week 1:

Monday-360-40=320

Tuesday - 320- 40 minutes walk/run=280
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am still in Chicago and driving home tomorrow. However, I thought I better get my booty in gear.

Monday, 30 minutes elliptical, 11 minutes treadmill
    Tuesday, water park playing with the kids, 30 minutes (may have been longer)

Total, 71 minutes for the week
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim and my fitness pals!!!! I'm aiming to get into a size 7 wedding dress by December. Have about 50 lbs to go. Although that is cutting it close I hope to do my best to get as close as I can. My biggest downfall is when I have an argument with my fiancee I eat and I have been really controlling it lately and am confident that I am finally on the right path. Now when I have an issue I've headed to the gym. Talk about turning it around right??!! LOL I had to join this thread, it's definitely motivating watching everyone track there 360 weekly minute challenge and thats where I need motivation the most!!!

Monday - 60 minute Spin
    Tuesday - 45 minute weights and cardio on intervals
    Wednesday - Still trying to figure out what I want to do tonight.....hopefully add this portion shortly:-)

255 minutes to go

1297124.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Monday- 30 min at the park, 40 min heavy cleaning (in laws coming next wed, doing it in spurts! lol)
    Tuesday- 56 min zumba ( I know I got jipped ) , 28 min walking, 41 min "pool time" set up my daughters pool... I have to fill it with a 5 pound bucket from the bathtub... then she goes in for 2 min and then continuously gets in and out!
    Wednesday- 63 min Body Pump, 18 min eliptical

Total 276 Remaining 84!!
  • Neeti1021
    Options
    Wed 06/23/10 03:00 PMHey Kim and my fitness pals!!!! I'm aiming to get into a size 7 wedding dress by December. Have about 50 lbs to go. Although that is cutting it close I hope to do my best to get as close as I can. My biggest downfall is when I have an argument with my fiancee I eat and I have been really controlling it lately and am confident that I am finally on the right path. Now when I have an issue I've headed to the gym. Talk about turning it around right??!! LOL I had to join this thread, it's definitely motivating watching everyone track there 360 weekly minute challenge and thats where I need motivation the most!!!

Monday - 60 minute Spin
    Wednesday - Ok, I just walked for almost an hour but it was interrupted a bit because I took my dog and he couldn't handle the long walk in the heat so I stopped for him for about 10 minutes so that he could drink some water, I wet him down so he could cool off and then waited until he seemed okay to walk back. He's worth it, I love him!!! So I'm posting this as 45 minutes, it was 230 calorie burn with my heart/calorie monitor.

New total 210 minutes to go!!!! Thank God it's only Wednesday!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Edited by Neeti1021 on Wed 06/23/10 03:05 PM
  • Neeti1021
    Options
    Wow Jessica! 50 lbs!!! That's amazing!! Any secrets please share!!!!

Neeti
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Mon - 80 min cardio
    30 min wii fit (yoga and cardio)
    Tue - 60 min walking (moderate pace)
    Wed - 80 min cardio
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Monday: nada
    Tuesday: 75 minute walk at a good pace
    Wednesday: worked 10 hours so i gave myself another lazy break day
    Thursday: 35 minute run (if i put it in now it means i HAVE to do it...right?) :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey all - so I signed up a few weeks back for this and then dropped off the face of the earth... well I'm back and ready to participate this time.

Monday: nothing
    Tuesday: 60 minutes (30 min. doing 2.6 miles on elliptical, 30 min. weightlifting)
    Wednesday: 30 minutes (15 min. on elliptical, 15 min. weightlifting)
  • Neeti1021
    Options
    Monday - 60 minute Spin
    Wednesday - 45 minutes brisk walking
    Thursday - 60 minute 4 mile walk and boy was it hot today!!! Lots of sweat!!!!!

150 minutes to go
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Tuesday- 56 min zumba ( I know I got jipped ) , 28 min walking, 41 min "pool time" set up my daughters pool... I have to fill it with a 5 pound bucket from the bathtub... then she goes in for 2 min and then continuously gets in and out!
    Wednesday- 63 min Body Pump, 18 min eliptical
    Thursday - 61 min zumba toning, 34 min at park

Total 371 min!! woo hoo!

Neeti- tips? hmm I've been doing this for a while, March of 09 but didn't start commiting and losing until Sept of 09. I work out, a lot as you can see, I try to watch what I eat as much as possible. I have a lot of fun making my favorite recipes "figure friendly" feel free to check out my food diary, or if you want some help with a recipe just ask! I'm a culinary grad with a background in nurtition. Just keep to it and you can do it too!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am still in Chicago and driving home tomorrow. However, I thought I better get my booty in gear.

Monday, 30 minutes elliptical, 11 minutes treadmill
    Tuesday, water park playing with the kids, 30 minutes (may have been longer)
    Wednesday, water park playing, 30 minutes, walking, 25 minutes
    Thursday, 6 hour drive, forget it

126 total....this is going to be a bad week
  • Neeti1021
    Options
    Hi Jessica,

Well it's very inspirational I must say!!! Congrats on the loss! I've been doing okay especially sinced I joined this site because its been keeping me on track. My only question is I'm on a 1200 calorie day is it best that at the end of my day that between the 1200 calorie and the excercise calories I burn that I have calories left over. For instance yesterday I worked out and with my heart monitor it showed I burned 444 calories. I added that to my tracker. I eat a little more when I work out. So by the end of the day my 1200 calorie went to me actually eating 1,577 calories, burned 444 calories and had 67 remaining. Is that good? Or should I do my best to stay at 1200 and leaving that 444 calories remaining toward my weight loss? I sound like an idiot but I really want to get that knack of this and i'm willing to do everything I have to do. If I'm doing something wrong I will change it immediately because I don't want anything that I'm doing to be a waste.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Well thank you Neeti! And you do not sound like an idiot, we all have wondered the same thing. I think first off you should listen to your body, if your hungry.. eat, just eat something healthy and filling.

I was eating all of my exercise calories, but when I burn an average of 700 cals a day (on a good day) that brings me to 1900 cals, I just can't eat that much! Some days I eat more than others, yesterday was for me an ideal eating day.. feel free to take a look at yesterday or all days!

Here's my thoughts on eating exercise cals. I eat breakfast, normally 250-300 cals, lots of fiber.. workout 9-10, protein/carb snack around 11 normally 100-200 cals, lunch around 1 300-400 cals, if I work out I have a snack after that, 50-100 cals dinner around 5-6. I'm presently working on making my dinner a smaller amount of calories but 300-400 I think is ideal. Sometimes I have a light snack or dessert an hour or 2 after... I often don't go to bed until 11 and wake up at 7.

You raelly do need to play around with it to see what works best for you! Good luck!
  • Neeti1021
    Options
    Hi Jessica,

You're right, I guess I just need to feel it out. I just thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to eat my extra calories. Because sometimes I have a good full day of eating right with no hunger but when I work out after work (which normally works out best) I usually only have like 250 calories left and definitely add on about 100 to 200 of the 400 or 500 that I just burned. So I wasn't sure if that was not supposed to be done. I think I definitely need it because when I'm hungry I am going to eat. But if the trick to the weight loss is to have as many calories of the ones you've burned for the day left over then I need to rethink the food I'm eating throughout the day and before and after my work out so that its more filling foods and this way I don't dip so much into the calories I've just burnt. I guess the key is to have as many as you can. But we're obviously not going to lose the weight if I keep eating my calories burned. Now I need to look into filling foods. I will definitely take a look at your food diary. Thanks so much! It's tricky and seems like such a numbers game but when I saw a few pounds come off I figured I must be doing a little bit right. My fingers are crossed!!!! LOL
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Monday: None
    Tuesday: 60 minutes (30 min. doing 2.6 miles on elliptical, 30 min. weightlifting)
    Wednesday: 30 minutes (15 min. on elliptical, 15 min. weightlifting)
    Thursday: 45 minutes (30 min. on elliptical, 15 min. on treadmill)

Total: 135

Yikes... need to pick it up to make 360...