site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    3000 is right at my maintenance as a 6' 185ish pound guy...so not surprising that you aren't losing at 3000. Now 1500 net...(and I mean *actually 1500*, not 1500ish)...is probably a little low for you even at your height and weight. Maybe somewhere closer to 2000?

Wait. If you're a 5'8" guy who weighs 140 pounds, how much are you trying to lose???
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I think it just sounds as if OP is being rude because of the occasional CAPS :)

is that what it is ??? The caps are NOT..opps ment to be rude.....I tend to be a wise guy when im pushed to that point,,,but im not mean or rude to people that treat me with respect....I do have little tolerance for bs like "starvation mode" or people that post stuff like Frob with weights that are pulled out of someones backside....I try VERY hard to be honest and use the site for what its meant for

I think that's what it might be. I am unable to read every page just yet but what I have read, I haven't heard you calling anyone any names.

Forgive me if this was already asked but are you actually trying to lose weight?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    CAPS tend to "sound" like shouting.

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but if you are at a healthy weight, and it sounds like you are probably lowish for a very active male of your height, your body will definitely resist further weight loss. Thus, you would need very low calories to lose further weight and of course that's not advisable. The MFP formulas work decently well for people who are actually overweight.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    CAPS tend to "sound" like shouting.

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but if you are at a healthy weight, and it sounds like you are probably lowish for a very active male of your height, your body will definitely resist further weight loss. Thus, you would need very low calories to lose further weight and of course that's not advisable. The MFP formulas work decently well for people who are actually overweight.

humm didnt know that,,seriously ...I see some type in ALL caps...opps there I go again...I still would like to hear what others THINK I should be eating for cals...given they know all my stats...again I understand that none of it is carved in stone....I tend to pretty much eat and workout the same way everyday...that too may NOT be a good thing...
  • cvcman
    Options

is that what it is ??? The caps are NOT..opps ment to be rude.....I tend to be a wise guy when im pushed to that point,,,but im not mean or rude to people that treat me with respect....I do have little tolerance for bs like "starvation mode" or people that post stuff like Frob with weights that are pulled out of someones backside....I try VERY hard to be honest and use the site for what its meant for

I think that's what it might be. I am unable to read every page just yet but what I have read, I haven't heard you calling anyone any names.

Forgive me if this was already asked but are you actually trying to lose weight?

I dont name call...no not trying to loose but wondered why im not because the site keeps telling me m going to,,,thx
  • cvcman
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    mke...well screw the USDA I took it right off the pkg...again stop splitting hairs,,,even if it was 300 calories im still under !! The info I use is right on the box and I use a digital scale..1 tablespoon weighs 6 grams....just forget the fricken oatmeal already

Problem is, The FDA allows nutrition labels to be up to a certain percentage off from what they say... So even if you are going off of the label, it still could be wrong.

so you are saying use the USDA NOT the actual label off the container.....really ?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If you exercise that much and don't lose weight on 1800 or whatever it was, you have a medical issue somewhere. There is just no way around that.

My routine is 125 miles on a bike per week. Run 5-10 miles per week, and lift heavy 5 days a week. I would drop so fast on 1800 (currently maintaining at 3600.

ok maintaining what ? what is your age,height,weight, sex ? I run on avg 40 plus miles a week,,,and bike 100 or so...my Garmin says ive biked 3100 miles this year so far and ran 890 something....again I dont make this stuff up and I try to be honest about everything

Male - 36 years old - 6'0 tall - 175lbs. I wasn't questioning what you do. I believe you exercise that much which is why I think you have to have something medically wrong. I have ridden 3500 miles this year (granted, it's faster pace than you) and have ran 310 miles this year. So you run more than me. I lift and ride a bit more than you. Too me, it's pretty close to even as far as calorie burns (with you probably being a bit higher on the burn side). I just can't fathom how you would gain weight at such a low number.

• Tiamo719
    Options

I dont name call...no not trying to loose but wondered why im not because the site keeps telling me m going to,,,thx

So after you add your calories and click on "complete this entry", MFP says you will weigh so and so .... is that what you're referring to?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I laugh at the messages im getting off post re; some of YOU posters,,,its funny...3 or 4 different people and they ALL say the same thing about the same posters...lol and they are CORRECT !

Who are these people? What is the fabulous advice they are giving you that is so different from the other people in this thread who have been trying to help you figure out why the numbers are off?
    They are people that messaged me and warned me about the site "nazi's"...and pointed out a few different pot stirrers....

And you trust these people to be reliable sources of information just because they messaged and said certain people are bad?

What advice did they have for you concerning your situation? I'm curious as to what they are telling you, since earlier in this thread you referenced all the fabulous advice you were getting through PMs that you weren't getting here in the forum. So what's their explanation for your dilemma?

well two offered their opinions...they seemed like they were really trying to help figure it out,,,they were NOT just trying to start trouble...I assume thats why they messaged me off post so they didnt get dragged into the little cat fight that it seems some of these "ladies" live for....

They re: a different site then do a comparison to the numbers they report...they agreed that most here were missing my original ? and that they just loved to start trouble then run to a mod to try and delete a post.....

Ok, you've got an entire thread full of people who were trying to help you figure out where the problem might be, and comparing your numbers to a different site was suggested here as well. So I'm not sure why you're being combative with users in the forum but nice to the people PMing you when both groups are giving you the same suggestions.

And you say "they agreed that most here were missing my original ? and that they just loved to start trouble then run to a mod to try and delete a post….." - does that mean they messaged you to tell you how mean everyone was, or they were agreeing with something you said?

Because you're presenting this as you getting a massive influx of messages of "mean people everywhere!" from random posters, when it actually sounds like you started complaining on the PM about the responses here. Two very different scenarios.

And as far as the mods, starting trouble and retaliating are both prohibited, and anyone can report a post. If they really felt that certain people are out of line, they have the ability to report them to the mods, and the mods will handle it. A lot of long-time active posters have gotten strikes or bans just in the short time I've been on the forums.
  • cvcman
    Options
    If you exercise that much and don't lose weight on 1800 or whatever it was, you have a medical issue somewhere. There is just no way around that.

My routine is 125 miles on a bike per week. Run 5-10 miles per week, and lift heavy 5 days a week. I would drop so fast on 1800 (currently maintaining at 3600.

ok maintaining what ? what is your age,height,weight, sex ? I run on avg 40 plus miles a week,,,and bike 100 or so...my Garmin says ive biked 3100 miles this year so far and ran 890 something....again I dont make this stuff up and I try to be honest about everything

Male - 36 years old - 6'0 tall - 175lbs. I wasn't questioning what you do. I believe you exercise that much which is why I think you have to have something medically wrong. I have ridden 3500 miles this year (granted, it's faster pace than you) and have ran 310 miles this year. So you run more than me. I lift and ride a bit more than you. Too me, it's pretty close to even as far as calorie burns (with you probably being a bit higher on the burn side). I just can't fathom how you would gain weight at such a low number.

humm what pace do you bike at ? And run at ?,,,my road pace is about 19mph AVG...my trail pace is slower because I ride a heavy fatbike,,and the trail is lots of hills and rough....so there im about 14mph avg BUT I feel like ive worked harder than on the road bike
  • cvcman
    Options

So after you add your calories and click on "complete this entry", MFP says you will weigh so and so .... is that what you're referring to?

Yup
  • cvcman
    Options
    I laugh at the messages im getting off post re; some of YOU posters,,,its funny...3 or 4 different people and they ALL say the same thing about the same posters...lol and they are CORRECT !

Who are these people? What is the fabulous advice they are giving you that is so different from the other people in this thread who have been trying to help you figure out why the numbers are off?
    They are people that messaged me and warned me about the site "nazi's"...and pointed out a few different pot stirrers....

And you trust these people to be reliable sources of information just because they messaged and said certain people are bad?

What advice did they have for you concerning your situation? I'm curious as to what they are telling you, since earlier in this thread you referenced all the fabulous advice you were getting through PMs that you weren't getting here in the forum. So what's their explanation for your dilemma?

well two offered their opinions...they seemed like they were really trying to help figure it out,,,they were NOT just trying to start trouble...I assume thats why they messaged me off post so they didnt get dragged into the little cat fight that it seems some of these "ladies" live for....

They re: a different site then do a comparison to the numbers they report...they agreed that most here were missing my original ? and that they just loved to start trouble then run to a mod to try and delete a post.....

Ok, you've got an entire thread full of people who were trying to help you figure out where the problem might be, and comparing your numbers to a different site was suggested here as well. So I'm not sure why you're being combative with users in the forum but nice to the people PMing you when both groups are giving you the same suggestions.

And you say "they agreed that most here were missing my original ? and that they just loved to start trouble then run to a mod to try and delete a post….." - does that mean they messaged you to tell you how mean everyone was, or they were agreeing with something you said?

Because you're presenting this as you getting a massive influx of messages of "mean people everywhere!" from random posters, when it actually sounds like you started complaining on the PM about the responses here. Two very different scenarios.

And as far as the mods, starting trouble and retaliating are both prohibited, and anyone can report a post. If they really felt that certain people are out of line, they have the ability to report them to the mods, and the mods will handle it. A lot of long-time active posters have gotten strikes or bans just in the short time I've been on the forums.

whatever,,and the ENTIRE thread was NOT trying to help...pls give me a break
  • cvcman
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    3000 is right at my maintenance as a 6' 185ish pound guy...so not surprising that you aren't losing at 3000. Now 1500 net...(and I mean *actually 1500*, not 1500ish)...is probably a little low for you even at your height and weight. Maybe somewhere closer to 2000?

Wait. If you're a 5'8" guy who weighs 140 pounds, how much are you trying to lose???

again,,,NOT trying to loose but the site keeps telling me I am loosing...
  • Tiamo719
    Options

Yup

I do the 5:2 diet and MFP becomes very concerned with my not eating enough on my two fast days and then the other days when I eat a little over, it tells me I am going to gain weight, which in fact, I lost weight. So I stopped paying attention to it. :smile:

• cvcman
    Options
    OMG this is at 10 pages?! I can't believe this insanity is still going. The OP doesn't want help, he wants someone to bash MFP and say 'poor poor you, you're perfect and MFP is SO WRONG'.

(I miss all of our smiley faces because this one deserves a lot of them.)

great another one ....I dont want anybody to bash anything

I'm just in because I'm in dire need of entertainment and this is one of the best threads since the forums came back up. Keep being you, OP, because you're hilarious...when you're not being rude to people who were honestly trying to give you advice.

Why thank you ...I think
  • cvcman
    Options

My recent blood work was done complete CBC, lipids etc...my HDL=122...LDL=73...Try's are 53...my Dr thinks the numbers are great...hope he knows what he's talking about :)
  • cvcman
    Options

Yup

I do the 5:2 diet and MFP becomes very concerned with my not eating enough on my two fast days and then the other days when I eat a little over, it tells me I am going to gain weight, which in fact, I lost weight. So I stopped paying attention to it. :smile:

ive been doing the "intermitent fasting"...where I dont eat after 7pm,,,then I dont eat again until noon..and I workout first thing in the morning
  • cvcman
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So what exactly is your goal? You weigh 140 lbs, are you trying to lose weight?

LOL ok here it is AGAIN...it isnt about my goal...its about the site keep warning me ill weigh 127 pounds and my weight stays the same....im trying to figure out why the info is what it is :)
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight yet MFP is saying you are then either 1. you have a medical condition 2. you aren't burning as many calories as MFP thinks you are 3. you aren't tracking accurately and are eating more than you are telling MFP.

Either way... why do you care? Obviously you don't want to lose or gain weight so why bother tracking on MFP? Whatever you are doing is allowing you to maintain your current body mass. Leave it to that. MFP doesn't work for everyone and it obviously isn't giving you information that you find helpful. So I suggest you stop fighting with people and just deactivate your account.