site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options

Replies

• cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    This has gotten really outrageous...

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?

BINGO !!!!! Someone here CAN read,,,wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sentence that pops up every time you complete your day, isn't accurate for some. There are those who it seems to be spot-on, others not so much.

If what you're doing seems to be working for you, keep on keepin on but maybe just don't complete your diary? It's not necessary.

Hope that helps?

yea I find it not even close...glad it is for some...thank you !
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I laugh at the messages im getting off post re; some of YOU posters,,,its funny...3 or 4 different people and they ALL say the same thing about the same posters...lol and they are CORRECT !

Who are these people? What is the fabulous advice they are giving you that is so different from the other people in this thread who have been trying to help you figure out why the numbers are off?
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    OMG this is at 10 pages?! I can't believe this insanity is still going. The OP doesn't want help, he wants someone to bash MFP and say 'poor poor you, you're perfect and MFP is SO WRONG'.

(I miss all of our smiley faces because this one deserves a lot of them.)
  • cvcman
    Options
    OMG this is at 10 pages?! I can't believe this insanity is still going. The OP doesn't want help, he wants someone to bash MFP and say 'poor poor you, you're perfect and MFP is SO WRONG'.

great another one ....I dont want anybody to bash anything
  • cvcman
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I laugh at the messages im getting off post re; some of YOU posters,,,its funny...3 or 4 different people and they ALL say the same thing about the same posters...lol and they are CORRECT !

Who are these people? What is the fabulous advice they are giving you that is so different from the other people in this thread who have been trying to help you figure out why the numbers are off?
    They are people that messaged me and warned me about the site "nazi's"...and pointed out a few different pot stirrers....
  • cvcman
    Options
    This has gotten really outrageous...

Can I ask, OP? Are you asking, because the "you should weigh _____ Lbs " under your food list, says you should be losing but you're not?

BINGO !!!!! Someone here CAN read,,,wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sentence that pops up every time you complete your day, isn't accurate for some. There are those who it seems to be spot-on, others not so much.

If what you're doing seems to be working for you, keep on keepin on but maybe just don't complete your diary? It's not necessary.

Hope that helps?
    OP, I haven't read all of the replies here, so sorry if someone has already mentioned this. Do you own a fitbit? If not, I would suggest getting one. It might give you a better idea of your TDEE so you can better calculate your calories and activity level. I know it won't be 100% accurate, but its something. Also, have you taken measurements? If you are working out as much as you say, the scale may not be the best metric to judge your progress.

Heres what I have http://www.engadget.com/products/garmin/forerunner/310xt/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So has anyone else tried out the new REPORT features? I just did. I'm not sure what all sort of insults pass for insults here but I'm pretty sure someone's gone well past 'asking for advice' and into 'insulting the people who reply just for the fun of it'.

I reported it last night when the namecalling began...and still nothing
  • cvcman
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    So has anyone else tried out the new REPORT features? I just did. I'm not sure what all sort of insults pass for insults here but I'm pretty sure someone's gone well past 'asking for advice' and into 'insulting the people who reply just for the fun of it'.

wow perhaps because there was NO name calling,,,other than what the posters trying to start trouble were doing to me....so maybe your efforts would be better spent not responding ?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

They are people that messaged me and warned me about the site "nazi's"...and pointed out a few different pot stirrers....

And you trust these people to be reliable sources of information just because they messaged and said certain people are bad?

What advice did they have for you concerning your situation? I'm curious as to what they are telling you, since earlier in this thread you referenced all the fabulous advice you were getting through PMs that you weren't getting here in the forum. So what's their explanation for your dilemma?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I call bobbins on the whole secret friends thing

• Mikkimeowza
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

wow perhaps because there was NO name calling,,,other than what the posters trying to start trouble were doing to me....so maybe your efforts would be better spent not responding ?

Oh... OP. You provide me with much amusement.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

great another one ....I dont want anybody to bash anything

I'm just in because I'm in dire need of entertainment and this is one of the best threads since the forums came back up. Keep being you, OP, because you're hilarious...when you're not being rude to people who were honestly trying to give you advice.
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I looked at it,,,I use a Garmin 310xt...it keeps track of hr,mph,pace,avg pace. total miles...you can do walking,biking,running,skiing etc....not sure if the fitbit is better ?

I looked up your Garmin, it is not a good way to estimate calories burned. I don't know about fitbit but there are other devices like bodybug from bodymedia that measures your skin temperature and estimates your calories that way
    Bottom line, your situation is probably due to one or more of the following:
    your estomated burn is too high
    your logged food on some days is high
    You are getting diminishing returns on calories burned (you've adapted to this amount of work)
    You have an underlying medical issue affecting your metabolism

There is no other way around this, there is no way all your estimates are close to the actual and you don't have a medical issue and maintaining weight while netting a 1000 calorie deficit a day. It defies all physics and physiology known to man
  • cvcman
    Options

And you trust these people to be reliable sources of information just because they messaged and said certain people are bad?

What advice did they have for you concerning your situation? I'm curious as to what they are telling you, since earlier in this thread you referenced all the fabulous advice you were getting through PMs that you weren't getting here in the forum. So what's their explanation for your dilemma?

well two offered their opinions...they seemed like they were really trying to help figure it out,,,they were NOT just trying to start trouble...I assume thats why they messaged me off post so they didnt get dragged into the little cat fight that it seems some of these "ladies" live for....

They re: a different site then do a comparison to the numbers they report...they agreed that most here were missing my original ? and that they just loved to start trouble then run to a mod to try and delete a post.....
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think it just sounds as if OP is being rude because of the occasional CAPS :)
  • cvcman
    Options

I call bobbins on the whole secret friends thing

unreal...yea I just make up things as I go along,,like fake weights on food items....zeez
  • cvcman
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    karenj_m wrote: »
    You guys still talking about this? Holy Crap!
    trinatrina1984 wrote: »

So just scanning through this am I right in thinking:

OP doesn't want to lose weight
    OP isn't losing weight
    OP doesn't agree with MFP calories goal
    OP spends 8 pages being rude to everyone who tries to offer advice

and let's not forget:

OP's wife isn't talking to him and OP wants attention....and all of you are giving it to him...

Where are the moderators when you need them.....CLOSE THE THREAD.
    I find it interesting how many of the OP's posts have been reported and yet this thread still lives.

Ummmmm because there is NO problem with my ?'s
  • cvcman
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I think it just sounds as if OP is being rude because of the occasional CAPS :)

is that what it is ??? The caps are NOT..opps ment to be rude.....I tend to be a wise guy when im pushed to that point,,,but im not mean or rude to people that treat me with respect....I do have little tolerance for bs like "starvation mode" or people that post stuff like Frob with weights that are pulled out of someones backside....I try VERY hard to be honest and use the site for what its meant for
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    mke...well screw the USDA I took it right off the pkg...again stop splitting hairs,,,even if it was 300 calories im still under !! The info I use is right on the box and I use a digital scale..1 tablespoon weighs 6 grams....just forget the fricken oatmeal already

Problem is, The FDA allows nutrition labels to be up to a certain percentage off from what they say... So even if you are going off of the label, it still could be wrong.