site tells me to eat almost 3k cals a day,,,but I eat half that and still dont loose

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hahahah I love how the thread has five flags but it's back. Take that, whiners
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Hahahah I love how the thread has five flags but it's back. Take that, whiners

:)

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pro-tip: when someone quotes someone in their post, it's likely they are referring to the quoted post, not the OP.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Well, you seem to be just repeating a lot of what I said, and making presumptions about other things.

Nope, don't have a hyper personality. In fact, In everyday life, I am laid back and tend to move on the slow side. ;)

I don't claim to be special. In fact, I said none of us are special snowflakes, which includes me, you, and the whole universe.

Nobody said it's complicated, and I didn't imply that at all.

Also, I said in my response that all these numbers are estimates. Even my HRM provides estimates, but those have proven to be most accurate thus far. Doing my own research for calories by reading packages and searching USDA nutrition information has proven to be most accurate as well.

There are indeed times to either lower or increase you activity levels, but if you're getting high MFP numbers that does not mean you should just automatically change your activity settings. It means if you are maintaining your weight, and you choose to use the MFP entries, ignore the numbers and do what's been working for you.

Do you realize how many people come on MFP, take the MFP database as gospel when it comes to calories for food and exercise, eat their calories back, and then post threads about why they are not losing weight?

To quote my friend: "Lady, this wasn't about you, why are you trying to make it about you to complicate things?". I didn't know anything about your information, your calorie burns, intakes, anything, so really, I wasn't talking about you, and because of that, we shouldn't talk about you. You kind of inserted yourself as an example in here. And the way you are presenting yourself you are saying you also seem to be "different/special/insert term here that means not like the typical activity levels the typical MFP people enter for burn rates___" just like the OP's -- I am not saying that's the case, I don't know enough about you, but I'll bet there are errors in your data, just like everyone else's (myself included).

Some people may find it advantageous to increase activity level even if their job is sedentary to get a balanced equation, yes. And most of you "exist" because you have mis-estimated something, or many things, just like 99.999% of people on here do (I'd say all, but maybe there is one special person who gets all calorie intakes and burns very close to even 90% right, it is after all possible!). All I'm saying is maybe its better to adjust your activity level if you can't find your errors. Its really a process and you take a look at your data, and you make adjustments based on your outcomes and fine tune your numbers/find your errors, it's simple.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    people love my threads !
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Well, you seem to be just repeating a lot of what I said, and making presumptions about other things.

Nope, don't have a hyper personality. In fact, In everyday life, I am laid back and tend to move on the slow side. ;)

I don't claim to be special. In fact, I said none of us are special snowflakes, which includes me, you, and the whole universe.

Nobody said it's complicated, and I didn't imply that at all.

Also, I said in my response that all these numbers are estimates. Even my HRM provides estimates, but those have proven to be most accurate thus far. Doing my own research for calories by reading packages and searching USDA nutrition information has proven to be most accurate as well.

There are indeed times to either lower or increase you activity levels, but if you're getting high MFP numbers that does not mean you should just automatically change your activity settings. It means if you are maintaining your weight, and you choose to use the MFP entries, ignore the numbers and do what's been working for you.

Do you realize how many people come on MFP, take the MFP database as gospel when it comes to calories for food and exercise, eat their calories back, and then post threads about why they are not losing weight?

To quote my friend: "Lady, this wasn't about you, why are you trying to make it about you to complicate things?". I didn't know anything about your information, your calorie burns, intakes, anything, so really, I wasn't talking about you, and because of that, we shouldn't talk about you. You kind of inserted yourself as an example in here. And the way you are presenting yourself you are saying you also seem to be "different/special/insert term here that means not like the typical activity levels the typical MFP people enter for burn rates___" just like the OP's -- I am not saying that's the case, I don't know enough about you, but I'll bet there are errors in your data, just like everyone else's (myself included).
    Yeah, nice try. :wink:

I joined a conversation and used my situation as an example because it's the one I live, and I've read where countless other people strive for accuracy as well and have found that balance to where they get results they want.

I am not saying I'm special, and you know it--at least no more special than anyone else.
    Some people may find it advantageous to increase activity level even if their job is sedentary to get a balanced equation, yes. And most of you "exist" because you have mis-estimated something, or many things, just like 99.999% of people on here do (I'd say all, but maybe there is one special person who gets all calorie intakes and burns very close to even 90% right, it is after all possible!).

Oh my.....

If you are getting results--in this example,for weight loss--then your calorie intakes and burns are indeed right, other wise you would be gaining or maintaining weight. What the numbers on MFP or any other app say do not matter. What matters is you find the place where you get results and you stick with it and trust the process.

MFP, or any other app, is a tool but people make those entries for both food and exercise. Well, let's face it, the reason most of us end up at a calorie counting website is that we have been in great denial about portions, calories, etc.
    All I'm saying is maybe its better to adjust your activity level if you can't find your errors. Its really a process and you take a look at your data, and you make adjustments based on your outcomes and fine tune your numbers/find your errors, it's simple.

You use tools that minimize your errors:
    • Research to get the most accurate calorie counts
    • Get a food scale and weigh portions
    • Log everything you eat
    • Use a properly calibrated heart rate monitor or, if you use MFP, gym machine, or internet/phone app sources for calorie counts, don't eat all your calories back.
    • Engage trial and error.

Of course this calorie counting thing is not a perfect science. :smile:

• SLLRunner
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    people love my threads !

Well....no. But, I've enjoyed the conversation. :smile:
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    people love my threads !

Well....no. But, I've enjoyed the conversation. :smile:

Well...yea they do ! Ive hd countless off post messages telling me so !