Women Fit For Forties

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Finished my 7 mile race this morning in about 100 minutes. I wanted to be at 90, but missed it by a mile - litterally as I was at mile 6 in 90 minutes! :laugh: We thankfully avoided the heat they had predicted, however it was POURING RAIN through the whole race, all but about the last 3/4 mile! It was still pretty humid, so it actually was nice in the rain. Just had to be careful running since there are so many hills, so I didn't fall! Thankfully the lightening stopped just before the race. It still thundered a bit, but not too much.

Afterwards, Katelyn (my neice) and I came home & showered then went to lunch with my brother & sisterinlaw & her brothers. Then I went with them school shopping for clothes. They dropped me off at home at 5 pm & I took a 3.5 hour nap. My entire body is aching as all can be. My glutes are really killing me from all the hill running! I have 3 blisters on my feet too - probably because my shoes & socks were soaked from all the rain! I hope I feel better tomorrow! Its a rest day for me thankfully! :smile:
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Kelly- Thanks for the info. I'll get into the challenges for this week.

Today was a really good day. I just got to take it easy, and forced myself not to push about getting much done. Instead of running, or Crossfit, I just took a reasonably paced walk with my dog and did a 200 jump, jump rope exercise. I can walk faster now, so my dog seems to try to avoid having to go out with me anymore. :huh: She put up with me for about a 40 minute walk to and from our neightborhood dog park where we threw the ball and chased around for a bit.

All in all, I have to say its been a good day. I'll be back at the hard stuff tomorrow with my w3 d1 C25k run tomorrow, and probably a Wii workout.

I hope that everyone else has had a good day and is enjoying their weekend.

Good night :flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Morning ladies...back from vacation...had a great time but as stated during my time gone...lost the battle with food choices and gained 5 1/2 lbs. while gone....but very motivated to get them off....back on the healthy plan today.....(usually this is all it would take to make me go "off" a diet...but it is different this time).....also with the help from all my friends here at MFP, I will get remotivated and get the encouragement I need to get right back inthe swing of things......THANKS for being here friends.......:flowerforyou:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    We may be going on vacation this week or next, but now I'm scared. I don't want to go over my calories. I really wished I could my HRM before we leave, but maybe I can. I have worked so hard getting this 9 lbs off....I definitely don't want it to come back on!!!

I had a great day today: 30 Day Shred this morning, Swimming with family for 1 1/2 hrs, elliptical tonight. I even had my non-fat frozen yogurt treat today...of course then the kids wanted it. It is hard being on a budget and trying to get in some treats for yourself.

Hope everyone has a great week!!! I might dig out my Billy Blane kick boxing tape and see if I can do it tomorrow!!!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Well, so far as my diet and weight loss has gone this weekend has been better than average. I lost 3lbs for the weigh in this week. I am truly happy because I've really been working. I also was able to blast through my Wii workout and my C25k w3 d1 workout. (I think it was the euphoria from having lost weight this week.)

It's been a great weekend all in all. Once again, I need to say a big thank you to all of my MFP friends for the concern and gentle nudges over the last few weeks. I have truly needed them. At any rate, I hope that everyone has a great night and a wonderful start to the upcoming week.

Chris:flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Happy Monday all!

Well I'm still stiff & sore from Saturday's race. But I'm trying to get back into it. The scale was not in my favor this morning. I gained 1/2 lb! I'm sure it will go away in a few days. All that running everyday last week plus my 7 mile race - I'm sure my body is trying to figure it out! :laugh:

I did a slow walk on my break this morning. I'm trying to move as much as possible here at work! I'm determined to do wk 3 C25K when I get home tonight! Sore or not - I'll get it done! :bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    good evening ladies.....busy day...plantar fasciitis really acting up....going to rest from the running for next couple days.....hope everyone had a great weekend.....good night all.....:flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Timbotina - hope your feet get better soon! :flowerforyou:

I started wk 3 of C25K tonight - glutes & thighs were still killing me from Saturdays race, but I did it anyway. Glad I did because I actually feel a lot better now! Guess I just needed to stretch them out a bit more!

Lots of yard work to do tomorrow. I still have to work on that pile of dirt! Its gonna take me a LONG time to move it all!

Good night all!
  • timbotina
    Lots of yard work to do tomorrow. I still have to work on that pile of dirt! Its gonna take me a LONG time to move it all!

Good night all!
    [/quote

Kelly, next time tell your dad to get you a smaller pile of dirt.....HA!!!! you are going to have to post a picture of your yard, I bet it is AMAZING.......

goof morning to all you ladies....hopefully it is not too hot where you are...a little cooler today here, off to work...lost 3 lbs of my 5.5 weight gain from vacation, YEAH!!!....talk to you all later.........:bigsmile:
  • diet45
    Hey everyone, I weighed this morning ( not my weigh in date) and I'm only down .3....I was pushing for that 2 lbs loss this week. It maybe 1 lb. this week. My normal weigh-in day in Saturday. I have 2 weeks to lose 3 lbs. to stay on track and meet my mini-goal. The kicker is we may go to Disneyland next week...that will be interesting.

I was sewing flower girl dresses tonight and my needle broke. It just broke. I have to say this has never happened to me. Oh well, off to the fabric store in the morning for the 3rd time this week.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • timbotina
    Morning ladies.....off to a great start this morning...had a great weigh in...amazing what you body will hold in when you eat bad .....anyway, lightest I've been for years (down 45.5lbs...) I am really excited!!!
  • kintegra
    Awesome job on the scales girls! The scale also liked me this morning, so I decided I'm taking it & logged it! down 2.2 lbs! YAY!

As for my load of dirt - my dad did bring me a smaller load. Only one enloader bucket full about 8 ton - rather than 15 ton that would fit in the dumptruck! :laugh:
  • timbotina
    :yawn: Really tired today......really want to get some type of workout in, but not feeling it right now....have to do more laundry and clean house, then we'll see....maybe moving around will get me in the mood,,.....:yawn:
  • timbotina
    Morning ladies, hope it is a beautiful one whereever you are...ended up going with my hubby and kids to a nearby park and got my walk/run in yesturday....felt good to get it done....heading off to work today....talk to you all later...:flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    Morning again ladies...blog is slow so I won't bug you all with lots of words, just have a GREAT weekend everyone!!...:flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Good morning all! I dropped another 3.0 lbs since Wednesday! What a GREAt week for me! I'm doing my happy dance for myself! I'm very proud of my accomplishments & couldn't do it without my MFP family to support me! Thank you each and every one of you!

I went to Zumba this morning for an extra class @ the gym. I got 2 of my friends to go with me! It was great! Now I'm off to haul that dirt out in my yard! I don't think that dumptruck load is going to go away anytime soon! :laugh:

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • timbotina
    Congrats kelly and you should be very proud....you put a lot of effort in to being healthy and you deserve to be under 200 come tomorrow.....talk to you tomorrow when you do....
  • timbotina
    Good morning ladies....discouraged by the scale this am but am brushing it off and moving on.....haven't had my fat analysis for a while so I think I will get that done this week.....Dishwasher went last night so will be out fighting with the hubby on which new one to buy....we are in the process of redoing our kitchen (slowly when we have extra money set aside) and we are going all stainless, (but my husband thinks anything will do) but for resale,....stainless is the way to go.....sorry for rambling...have a GREAT Sunday everyone....:flowerforyou:
  • diet45
    I'm with you about the appliances, stainless is the way to go. Our whole kitchen is mixed match at this point and we need to replace just about everything. I'm going for stainless!! My husband always tried to talk me into the cheaper appliances, but I'm not letting him do that this time.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'm getting ready to do the 30 Day Shred, Target run, swimming later, church and hang out with the family!!!
  • timbotina
    Good new and bad news ladies....

Yeah, I won...got stainless steel dishwasher...(my husband didn't put up too much of a fight)....bad news......I have to hand wash dishes until it comes in (special order) on Friday (5 1/2 days)..:sad: I am going to have dishpan hands, HA!!!!!:laugh: ..
This discussion has been closed.