Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well there was no happy dance for under 220 for me on the scale this morning. Just the same....hopefully I will get rid of it soon! Today was my family reunion. I took a healthy berry & spring mix lettuce salad with balsamic vinegar. There was a TON of fruit & I ate extremely healthy! All but my sis-in-laws cheesy potatoes, but I only had 1/2 cup! :bigsmile:

Played some tetherball with the kids this afternoon & AUNT KELLY WINS! YAY! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It was fun!

Also I took all my new dresses to my mom's afterwards & tried them all on for her. I bought size 14 in a few of them! YES 14! WOW! Down from a 20! Yippee!!!!:bigsmile: Mom took pics for me & they are now posted on my page here. A few are still a bit snug, but my cruise is in October, so should be perfect fit by then! :happy:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kelly, you look AMAZING...You have inspired me to update my pics...so when hubby gets home later he will have to help me (I am not computer savey) ..you did a great job on your diary even at a reunion....

Morning all...happy Monday...worked on some new recipies yesturday...will keep a couple after I tweak some of the fat out of them and I think I will look for another recipe to do today......have a GREAT day everyone!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Kelly, you look AMAZING...You have inspired me to update my pics...so when hubby gets home later he will have to help me (I am not computer savey) ..you did a great job on your diary even at a reunion....

Thanks, Tina! :bigsmile: Can't wait to see your updated pics as well! :happy: And make sure you share your new recipes! :tongue:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies....off to work....looks like a decent day outside though (already 70 degrees this am)...hope you all have a wonderful day!!....:flowerforyou:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I said good by to a wonderful man today, Papa. I will miss him so much, but know he is in a much better place. I have to say Woo Hoo to me today because I passed-up all the goodies at the funeral reception. We went to Quiznos and grabbed a sandwich before we went.....I pass up yummy whip cream looking cake, cookies, cheese platter, and Mom's frosted brownies. I don't know how I did it, but didn't even want those things. My dad was trying to spoon feed me a bite of his cake. I'm like really Dad...I'm 43. LOL Love my family!!! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Diet45. sorry to hear of your loss....

Morning everyone.....rainy day here so my previous plan are out the window I believe...so now I don't feel like doing anything...especially looking outside..:ohwell: have a nice day ladies....talk to you all later....
  • diet45
    Options
    Morning, Ok I'm doing 30 Day Shred today, swimming w/ kids, and elliptical tonight. I hopped on the scale today and no loss, but my official day is Saturday. I just want that thing to go down...down...down!!! I'm working too hard for it not to go anywhere.

My soon was out all night....and he is 13 yrs old. He was at a youth group activity at church. Fun for him, but now he will be in bed asleep all day. I hope I can round up another kid to go swimming with me and Sarah. I might sew today soon. I love sewing, but I hating cutting out material. Do any of you have an activity/hobby you love, but hate part of it? Hope everyone has a great day.
  • timbotina
    Options
    Heading off to work...have a GREAT dya ladies!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Where is everyone????
  • KarenMomof3
    Options
    Hi Ladies! This sounds like a wonderful group and a good fit for me. I'm 40 and have at least 60 to loose. Is it too late to join? I'm new to this site and excited about finally getting this weight under control.
  • diet45
    Options
    I have no idea where everybody went. Can we repost to the message boards? I had a great food and exercise day. I go back to work next week, so I need to figure out how to get in my exercise. I like to do the elliptical everyday and then a video along with it every other day. This week I've been doing a swap with the video and doing it everyday...30 Day Shred and then the other a cardio video. I'm going to miss it, but will still do the elliptical everyday and the Shred every other day. I like the weights. I eventually want to get with a trainer at the gym...maybe after I lose 10 more lbs.

How is everyone?
  • kintegra
    Options
    Hi Ladies! This sounds like a wonderful group and a good fit for me. I'm 40 and have at least 60 to loose. Is it too late to join? I'm new to this site and excited about finally getting this weight under control.

Its never too late to join us! Welcome! :flowerforyou:

As for where is everyone?? I guess they are all busy getting last minute things done for the summer! I've been going to the fair here all week long & thankfully tomorrow night is the last concert. It was very hard this week with work & then heading straight to the fair, so I didn't get much of a workout in all week. Last night I went out with friends & drank my dinner. :grumble: But hey, I had fun! :laugh:

Tomorrow its supposed to be another hot one - humidity is coming back & it supposed to be upper 90s. :grumble: I should have done my yardwork today, as it was beautiful outside. :ohwell:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies....going to get in a good walk today and since it is sooo hot, going to go swimming with the kids.....hope everyone is enjoying their weekend......:flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Guess this topic has died off....miss it!!!!!
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    count me in I turn 40 in 1 month, I have 2 step daughters 29,& 25, 4 kids 22, 20, 19, & 11, and 2 grandkids 6&5 and a wonderful supportive husband that has never in his life had a problem with his weight( the *kitten*) lol,just kidding. I am really ready to take the weight off and start feeling better about myself. Glad to know there are people my own age doing it as well!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies... I have been gone for a little while now and thought I would pop back in this morning for a quick update.

Life has been crazy busy and will continue to be so for the next couple weeks. Kids have school registrations, school photos, yet this week. Hubby went to Sturgis and should be back Wed. We helped my brother and sister in law unload their moving truck yesterday and will help again tonight with the final load. I am so glad they are like 20 mins away now instead of 3 hours! :smile:

My sister is bringing her boyfriend over on Thursday evening for dinner and they are spending the night. So, that should be interesting. She seems so happy!

Saturday we are having a bbq with a few friends and some family for my 40th.. Oh dear.. where did the time go?
    Monday is my daughters 1st day of high school and Tuesday is my son's 1st day of the last year of high school as well as my actual birthday. So, my husband and I are taking a motorcycle ride up to Estes Park, CO (where we got married) and spending the day.

With all that said I am going to try and start counting calories and logging my food again. I have not given any thought to anything I have put in my mouth. Ironically I have not gained any weight so, I am pretty happy about that.

As far as exercise goes, I am really not sure when or what I am going to do something a I am still dealing with that stupid plantar fasciitis. it is really not much fun. Any suggestions would be great. (although, I am allergic to chlorine so, no swimming for this girl)

Well, I will try and get back in the swing of thing... Thank you for all your support through my time off and I hope you have a great day ladies! You inspire me!

Thanks for being my weight loss sisters!
  • debjunti
    Options
    :embarassed:
  • debjunti
    Options
    "As far as exercise goes, I am really not sure when or what I am going to do something a I am still dealing with that stupid plantar fasciitis. it is really not much fun. Any suggestions would be great"......
    I have this as well and the thing that has seemed to help it the most is soaking it in ice baths, hurts like hell but it really does work. As for exercise biking is great, low impact and also streches the foot while giving you a workout!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Well the fair is done for me & so is TOM. However the scale said 222.0 for me this morning. So I'm up 1.4 lbs. :grumble: Time to get back into the swing of things! If any of you are interested, here is this weeks BMK challenge:

1) Dance for 1.5hrs this week. (zumba, video games, looking up dances online, or just turning up the radio and getting down :D.)
    2) old school gym class for 30min a day for 3 days. (choose your own routine, from sit ups to push ups to jumping jacks etc)
    3) Food challenge: Try a new style of food at least once this week and make it yourself! (Thai or Greek or Chinese or even Seafood....search for some recipes and make it yourself, one you save some money instead of going out to eat, two, you control the ingredients which means less salt, etc.) I'm in are you?
  • diet45
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I was bummed I didn't have a loss last week, but I did lose 3 inches. I'm happy about that. I'm off to work tomorrow for training and meetings. I have mixed feelings because I want to get back to work, but my 2 yr personal leave seems too short. I've enjoyed staying home with my little girl and boys, but it has been so stressful with the financial aspect of it. I have my outfit picked out and I can wear most of my work clothes. I'm glad I lost the 10 lbs before going back, but have a long way to go. I'm looking forward to the journey. Have a great week.