Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Just got home from the 2 mile road race I did this morning with most of my family! I wanted to finish under 30 min & I actually finished in 25! WOW! I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe it when I was at the turnaround at just under 12 minutes! Wow! THEN I actually got 4th in my division! (35-39 year olds) :noway: :bigsmile: I couldn't believe it! Impressed myself totally! YAY ME! I still can't believe it!

My whole family did awesome! Here's their results:

My brother Pete 3rd in his division (40-44 year olds)
    My cousin Tom 2nd in his division (40-44 year olds) he was the only one to do the 4 mile run in our family!
    My neice Katelyn 3rd in her division (11-14 year olds)
    My nephew Kyle 2nd in his division (11-14 year olds)
    My nephew Ryan 1st in his division! (0-9 year olds)
    My cousins daughter Christine 1st in her division! (0-9 year olds)

So the only ones not to place were myself & my cousins son TJ. They all got COW BELLS as trophys!:laugh: It was halarious! It is officially called the RODEO RUN! So next year I'm gonna try a bit harder & win myself a COW BELL! :laugh: It was however a really FUN family outing! We all had a great time! My mom & sister were at the finish line with the puppy cheering us all on! There were about 350 participants, so it was a really good turnout for only being in a small town of 800 people!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Just a quick good morning ladies, headed off to work...will read all the post when I return.....have a GREAT day!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    OK - this week BMK Challenge for anyone that wants to participate with us: Bring on the Sexy Legs! :smokin:

We're going to run stairs for 7 minutes 3 times this week - if you don't have stairs, use a step board & just step up & down - or if you have a treadmill you can put it at the highest incline & do that for 7 minutes!

Next - we're going to do calf raises! Yep - 100 total for the week or more if you can do it! However with all those steps you may start feeling it in the legs!

And for this weeks food challenge - We're going to do ONE DAY of just VEGGIES & EGGS only. So think omelets, big veggie salads, carrots & celery sticks, etc.... Can you do it? Can I do it? Let's see - here we go! Challenge runs today thru Sunday! :happy:
  • MBrannon
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Mary. I'm 43 and just joined last week. I have always been chunky or big, but have had my moments/months/years that I can do it. I'm embarrassed to say I am a WW lifer; many years ago when before I had my girls. I live in Southern CA, and work for a Fashion College, so I would love to look better for myself first but being w/ the students would be awesome. I am happily married and have 15 yr old twin girls. I know they would love to see me in a healthier weight. I love this idea of sharing with peers similar to me. I have always been very true to exercising. I bike every day, if only my eating habits were as good as my exercise habits. I have a total of about 72 lbs to lose, so far I've lost 3 lbs. Not bad in the first few days. I know that documenting everything is the key. I now keep this site up at work all day.
    Overall, I'm a very happy person and cannot wait to keep up with all of you!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    welcome sunshine girl (Mary)...

Colorado girl....I have been away and was soooooo excited to see you are back....you were greatly missed....sounds like the spa will be very nice and maybe more convienent after you get settled...

Kelly--like I said great job on the race and more importantly making it a family affair....(and I am enjoying the challange)

good evening to the rest of the women...have been missing the topic....been slow lately.....
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK - this week BMK Challenge for anyone that wants to participate with us: Bring on the Sexy Legs! :smokin:

We're going to run stairs for 7 minutes 3 times this week - if you don't have stairs, use a step board & just step up & down - or if you have a treadmill you can put it at the highest incline & do that for 7 minutes!

Next - we're going to do calf raises! Yep - 100 total for the week or more if you can do it! However with all those steps you may start feeling it in the legs!

And for this weeks food challenge - We're going to do ONE DAY of just VEGGIES & EGGS only. So think omelets, big veggie salads, carrots & celery sticks, etc.... Can you do it? Can I do it? Let's see - here we go! Challenge runs today thru Sunday! :happy:
  • debjunti
    Options
    hmmm, I haven't got the quote thing down yet, but I'm a day late but willing to try it starting today!:glasses:
  • kintegra
    Options
    hmmm, I haven't got the quote thing down yet, but I'm a day late but willing to try it starting today!:glasses:

Hey - no matter when you start it - runs thru Sunday! So plenty of time to get the BMK Challenge done if you choose to participate! I've only got 50 calf raises done so far - hopefully will get some steps ran tomorrow night & I'm gonna try my food day on Thursday!

Welcome Sunshine Girl! :)
  • timbotina
    Options
    Good evening ladies....didn't get a big workout in today, but some great walking none the less....school starts tomorrow for my son (my little baby, HA!!!) so have to get all the million things ready the teacher has requested....he and I are heading out early for breakfast alone.....should be nice mother/son time....talk to you all tomorrow....
  • debjunti
    Options
    wow, everyones kids are going back to school so early, mine has a couple of weeks yet, but I start back on Monday, ugh I'm so nervous!:ohwell: Didn't do much of anything yesterday, my hip was giving me problems. But after a day of rest I'm feeling pretty good and ready to start taking back control of this thing. I could feel myself struggling the last few days, but today is going to be great! Happy Wednesday all:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies, sounds like everyone is busy as usual....today is my 9 y/o 1st day back to school (4th grade, boy he is growing up so fast)....we are heading to breakfast just he 2 of us.....so that should be nice......have an AWESOME day ladies.....:flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Options
    Hi all! Its been a busy busy week for me! I've been working it every day though! :bigsmile: I just haven't had time to catch up a lot here on the boards!

Today I'm doing the veggie/egg food challenge for this week. I'm done with the calf raises, but I'm keeping on doing them every day! Last night I ran the steps for the first time this week down at the convention center here. Boy was that a workout! My lungs are still feeling it this morning. Really like a bronchitis kinda feel, but yet good workout feel, if ya know what I mean!

Tuesday night I had a date with a cop! And might I add a very HOT cop! :smokin: Woohoo! We went to a very nice dinner out along the Mississippi River. It was a very nice time. He left yesterday for South Carolina to visit his sister & nephews for the week. However he called me a few times while on the road last night & told me to get ahold of him tonight when I get home. He's already trying to plan something for the end of October with me as well....so basically it went VERY well! :bigsmile: Its great because he's known my entire family for about 10 years, but didn't even know that I existed till last week! Apparently he was giving my brother some grief that he never let him know that there was another sister in the family! :laugh: So keep your fingers crossed that things work out. :love:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Afternoon ladies....cooled down here a bit in Ohio.....but going to heat up again for the weekend.....went to the farmers market today and got lots of great/fresh fruit and veggies.....my 3 y/o went with me and kept helping me saying ...oh, mommy watermelon, peaches and don't forget my green beans, (HA!!)...etc....so nice to see her loving fruit and veggies..

And Kelly, really happy for you...nice to see someone else is getting to know the AMAZING Kelly we have gotten to know....he is one lucky cop!!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Afternoon ladies....cooled down here a bit in Ohio.....but going to heat up again for the weekend.....went to the farmers market today and got lots of great/fresh fruit and veggies.....my 3 y/o went with me and kept helping me saying ...oh, mommy watermelon, peaches and don't forget my green beans, (HA!!)...etc....so nice to see her loving fruit and veggies..

And Kelly, really happy for you...nice to see someone else is getting to know the AMAZING Kelly we have gotten to know....he is one lucky cop!!!

Thanks so much, Tina! I think you are AMAZING as well! I'll keep you updated on the progress with my dates! :love: :bigsmile: :love:
  • kintegra
    Options
    Hello girls! Happy Friday! Well I did my second 7 minutes of stairs last night & my calves are mooing today! Mooooooooo! :laugh: I also did my veggie/egg day yesterday & thought I wasn't going to make it thru dinner, but had a yummy grilled portabello mushroom with spinach & artichokes! YUM! :tongue:

Its gonna be a busy weekend for me... going to a 40th bday party tonight for my cousin's wife, then I have lots of yardwork tomorrow to get ready for a cookout at my place on Sunday!

On the love life note....I have a second date next week with the cop! He gets back from SCarolina on Monday night, so sometime after that he said we will get together after he checks his schedule! :bigsmile:

I hope you all have a fun & fabulous, fat-free weekend! :drinker: (H20)
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies, busy day today (My son's first football game today and going out later--WITHOUT KIDS< YEAH!!) so trying to get moving so I can get a bike ride in early.....have a great start to the weekend everyone.....:flowerforyou:

And Kelly, sounds great on the love life note......SOOOOO happy for you......:bigsmile:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here in awhile. It is hard to keep up with my message board since I started work. I'm trying to figure everything out. It looks like everyone is doing great. It cooled down this week end to 82 in Fresno, but is heating up again this week. Of course the day my boys play football will be the hottest day. I worry about them in the heat and all those pads!!

I started the 5 lb challenge for the the month of August and unless I get down one more lb by the 31st...I didn't make it. Oh well, I'll take whatever I lose as long as I am consistently losing. I need to figure out how to fit more exercise into my work week, but I'll say it is hard with four kids.

Hope everyone has a great week and meets all their goals!!! Shell
  • timbotina
    Options
    Good evening ladies.....had a wonderful weekend....which puts me in a good mood to start out the week....going to be a busy work week for me....picking up an extra day (d/t one of the girls I work with F-I-L passes away so she will be off) so that means I will work 3 days this week....but hoping to get in a great workout after work atleast 2 of those days.....Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend......talk to you all tomorrow

Oh, and Shell......loosing 4lbs. this month is nothing to sneeze at....definetly not a gain..so that is always a plus......congrats and besides, I too have one more pound to loose to make the 5lb. for the month...we have 2 more days left so lets go for that last pound together....(and if it doesn't work....we'll just start that 4lb a month club, HA!!!!!!)
  • kintegra
    Options
    This weeks BMK Challenge for those of you that want to participate:

Torso Twists: 100reps (or more) for the week

C25K starters: For those who haven't started, do week one; for those already doing it, continue on with whichever week is next up; and for those who have graduated, pick any week; no matter what, get 3 days worth in this week. (If you don't know what C25K is go to www.coolrunning.com & click on couch to 5K).

Also this weeks food challenge: Gluten Free: Try a gluten free recipe once this week I'm ready! Are you?
  • timbotina
    Options
    Evening ladies....another hot day here in Ohio....What's up with that.??.it's almost Sept. for Pete's sake!!! anyhow, hope you all are enjoying the begining of the week....end of the month tomorrow so I will be weighing in...hoping to be in the 170's (180 right now) so talk to you all in the morning!!