Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sexysexy1 wrote: »
    I dont always upload my food intake onto mfp but always carry my hand written diary. I take calories off packets and total them and use as quick add calories. as for my exercise I use my heartrate monitor all the time to tell me how many calories I have used. it looks like I will have to alter my dress but I really did not want to. I also started this link as I thought some people may be able to help. to be honest I think I was looking for miracle ....... I am very young at heart and so desperately wanted to finally lose this stupid stone I seem to be carrying and I generally thought that I would ! I am sick and tired of being fat ..... some of you may laugh or criticize me but at the end of the day all I am looking for is happiness and self worth and of course to look stunning when I finally marry the man I love after being together for 18 years !

If you have damaged your metabolism from years of under eating and actually maintain on 1200 cals then yes, you are asking for a miracle as it'll take more than a couple of weeks to repair!

A decent seamstress will be able to fix the dress, just think of the rest as lessons learnt!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I dont always upload my food intake onto mfp but always carry my hand written diary. I take calories off packets and total them and use as quick add calories. as for my exercise I use my heartrate monitor all the time to tell me how many calories I have used. it looks like I will have to alter my dress but I really did not want to. I also started this link as I thought some people may be able to help. to be honest I think I was looking for miracle ....... I am very young at heart and so desperately wanted to finally lose this stupid stone I seem to be carrying and I generally thought that I would ! I am sick and tired of being fat ..... some of you may laugh or criticize me but at the end of the day all I am looking for is happiness and self worth and of course to look stunning when I finally marry the man I love after being together for 18 years !

You had 18 years, and now it comes down to 9 weeks... well, good luck.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    There are people here who delight in kicking you while you're down. You didn't wreck your metabolism and it wouldn't take a miracle for you to lose a stone.

Good luck!

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I think its possible and youd know after 3 weeks on your new regime whether it was likely.
    The diet doesnt look fantastic.
    The logging is erratic.
    You are doing 10,000 steps a day? thats your entire exercise regime?

You would need to tighten up on all three. Be honest with yourself and realistic.
    Your diet doesnt seem to be helping you lose any weight at the moment, which could be a plateau or a sign that you arent at a deficit despite your diet and exercise.

So either get on with tightening the above three up. The logging needs to be accurate i.e a true 1200 calories and then its down to exercise to make a difference. You could try hitting the gym 4-5 times a week in addition to your steps. Agree with above, doubt you wrecked your metabolism.

If you arent going to try that then get the seamstress sooner rather than later.
    Above all stop stressing yourself and making yourself miserable over it.You can do it if you want to imo. Good luck.
  • sexysexy1
    Options
    lost the 2lb gained plus a further 2lb - must be my body playing tricks with me ! but even so 2lb towards the 14lb I need to lose !
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Strength training really helps with adequate protein intake and regular cardio 3-4 days a week...I am on it...you can do this!! My wedding is on 27th Nov 2014...its working for me..
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SS,

However you do your logging is whatever works for you. I know what it's like to be looking for a miracle as well, but the only miracle for any of us is to find a plan that works. :)

Nobody is laughing at your or criticizing you here, but many of us are interacting with you in an honest way.
    There are people here who delight in kicking you while you're down. You didn't wreck your metabolism and it wouldn't take a miracle for you to lose a stone.

Good luck!
    Walking Along, the part of your reply I put in bold is not true. In fact, that is your perception only. :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lost the 2lb gained plus a further 2lb - must be my body playing tricks with me ! but even so 2lb towards the 14lb I need to lose !
    SS,

Some of the up and down on the scale could be some natural weight fluctuation. :smile: Congratulations on the 2 pounds loss, however. 12 pounds left is not that much, but those last few usually come off pretty slow.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    So you know the motivations of everyone here? That's nice. ;) I wish I didn't see the gang/bully mentality I do see.

"You had 18 years and now it comes down to 9 weeks... well, good luck."

Is there a way to read that as supportive?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I think it might be time to put MFP on hold and focus on an alternative to get that dress to fit. A seamstress is your best bet at this point. Eliminate that stress by dealing with it now. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, and get back on the wagon when you return. You're too close to the day to make any meaningful progress in weight loss at this point.

Best of luck, and congrats on your nuptuals!

• CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So you know the motivations of everyone here? That's nice. ;) I wish I didn't see the gang/bully mentality I do see.

Is there a way to read that as supportive?

Bully mentality? Have you read all five pages of responses?

There are multiple pages of good, correct advice and the MFP community has stepped up to correct misinformation that some idiots try to spew. Does this mean that anything that isn't a 100% positive message screaming "you go, girl!" is bullying the OP or ganging up on her?

The truth hurts and the bottom line is that there is no magic pill or "diet". Caloric deficit equals weight loss. Period.

But what do I know?? I've only lost 120lbs by doing this..

Best of luck, OP. I hope your wedding day is awesome :).
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Did I say it was all bullying?

Please tell me how this response is helpful:

Or the poster before that who implied the opposite, that she had been under-eating for years and ruined her metabolism and was now paying the price and expecting a miracle? Because she wanted to lose 6lbs. in 9 weeks... a miracle!

• TavistockToad
    Options

Or the poster before that who implied the opposite, that she had been under-eating for years and ruined her metabolism and was now paying the price and expecting a miracle? Because she wanted to lose 6lbs. in 9 weeks... a miracle!

If that's in response to my post, it was the OP who claimed to have ruined her metabolism due to dieting from age 9... I said that if that did happen to be true, then losing the weight in 9 weeks, or 7 or whatever we're up to now, would be difficult.

I don't know if it's true, but it sounds like you're the one being judgy mcjudgison on comments without considering all the OPs posts.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

The 18 years down to 9 weeks response was me, and it was my thinly-veiled attempt at "dropping the mic" and leaving this thread. Thank you for nitpicking my intentions - at least I offered OP good luck, because that's what she'll need since she's not visiting a seamstress.

• CodeMonkey78
    Options

No, you did not say "all". You said the "gang/bully" mentality. One person doesn't consitute a "gang". But I know the person who made the comment, so let me clarify:

* "You had 18 years" - TRUE statement.
    * "and now it comes down to 9 weeks" - Also a TRUE statement
    * "well, good luck." - Good luck in being able to achieve this, because it is highly improbable.

The truth hurts.

Regarding your other statement, I'm not going to waste my time typing anything WRT "ruining" a metabolism or hinting at "starvation mode".

Cheers :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options

The 18 years down to 9 weeks response was me, and it was my thinly-veiled attempt at "dropping the mic" and leaving this thread. Thank you for nitpicking my intentions - at least I offered OP good luck, because that's what she'll need since she's not visiting a seamstress.

I know that! I'm 'the poster before'!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Oh, you have a quote button too? Cool. I like quote buttons :smiley:
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Tavistock- Are you a man or a woman? I'm just curious about how often it's the men in the gang mentality. I know it's not 100% but it sure feels like there are more men bullying women around here than anything.

This place could do with some women moderators, to be honest.
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Oh, you have a quote button too? Cool. I like quote buttons :smiley:

So THAT'S what this button does! Mind. Blown.
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My advice--Call off the wedding and stay single--Have a great day!!