Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Tavistock- Are you a man or a woman? I'm just curious about how often it's the men in the gang mentality. I know it's not 100% but it sure feels like there are more men bullying women around here than anything.
    Really? That's not been my observation at all.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Tavistock- Are you a man or a woman? I'm just curious about how often it's the men in the gang mentality. I know it's not 100% but it sure feels like there are more men bullying women around here than anything.

This place could do with some women moderators, to be honest.

Truth knows no gender.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

The two head moderators are female. Olivia and Rachel. You need to open your eyes more.

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    lkilton wrote: »
    My advice--Call off the wedding and stay single--Have a great day!!

Ha, that was my initial advice too. Page 2 :stuck_out_tongue:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    sexysexy1 wrote: »
    thank you all for you comments. I will continue to try hard ...... so upset though ! the dress is beautiful - I just cant do the zip up from waste to top of back - the rest fits perfect which is why I thought losing a dress size would do it, I am doing all my own flowers and wedding cake....... eg food for a day ..... porridge with skimmed milk for breakfast - just had cous cous with roasted veg for lunch with 30g feta cheese, and I will be having chicken and salad for dinner. I only drink black coffee and 7 up free - I exercise three times a week but still do 10,000 steps per day ! so you can see where I am coming from as to see why the scales are not moving !!!!

find a seamstress who can put a corset back in?

This is what I did when I got married. I purposefully chose a dress with a corset back and wore shoes just the right height so that I wouldn't need any alterations. I couldn't afford it. I'd suggest getting a corset back put in the dress. It'll still be beautiful, and you won't have to worry.

This or spanks?? But if you eat at a deficit and work out in 9 weeks you should see a difference as long as you are logging and weighing everything properly. Good luck to you and Congrats on getting Married!!
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

If a female made the same comment (true statement) that you have so much heartburn with, it would be OK? Dafuq?

Doug just needs to change his profile pic to the one of him in a tutu. I'll go ahead and do the same with mine.. Problem solved.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

If a female made the same comment (true statement) that you have so much heartburn with, it would be OK? Dafuq?

Doug just needs to change his profile pic to the one of him in a tutu. I'll go ahead and do the same with mine.. Problem solved.

Ok, done!

Hopefully me in a tutu helps me give more gender-sensitive advice.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    That is much better!!!
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Ok, done!

Hopefully me in a tutu helps me give more gender-sensitive advice.

I feel more sensitive already..
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

The two head moderators are female. Olivia and Rachel. You need to open your eyes more.

Nice tutu
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Nice tutu :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    So you know the motivations of everyone here? That's nice. ;) I wish I didn't see the gang/bully mentality I do see.

"You had 18 years and now it comes down to 9 weeks... well, good luck."

Is there a way to read that as supportive?

Yes, because it provides perspective, which many people who come to MFP desperately need. They neglect their exercise, their diet, and overall health for years, gain weight, and then a special event comes up and suddenly the weight needs to come off NOW!

Reminding people that they didn't gain the weight overnight and that expecting drastic changes in short periods of time isn't realistic is not bullying. Nor it is unhelpful. She's been with her partner 18 years. Thinking of the long game and figuring out ways to be healthy for the next 18 years with her partner is much more important than how she looks in a dress one day. Put a freaking corset in the dress and focus on what the wedding is really supposed to be about.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I work in the wedding industry and I can tell you no one has "the perfect wedding day" it doesn't exist. Just like any other day stuff will happen that you didn't expect or plan for. Its another day of real life... just like any other.

You can enjoy your wedding day - regardless of the size of your dress. I guarantee it.

OP should visit a seamstress and have a corset back added. If she wants to continue losing weight the corset will adjust accordingly. And if she doesn't lose any more then the corset will allow the dress to fit properly.

Weddings are stressful enough without a panic trying to fit into a dress that doesn't fit.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Nice tutu :)

Nice tutu

Thanks guys!

Totally forgot my pic had my tutu in it! xD

• alesia9
    Options
    I really need help ...... I am a uk size 14 in all my clothes, I ordered my wedding dress but it has turned up I would say one size too small. It is too late to return as I would not get another one in time. I have been dieting for what seems all my life. I am 11st 9lb and 5' 7". I need to lose about a stone to get the dress to fit me. For the last two weeks I have been on 1250 cals and I have not lost one pound !!!!! time is getting on ...... any suggestions ...... I even tried a juice diet and still stayed the same. I am looking for diet to follow which has been tried and tested and works !!!!

I'd be happy to share a meal plan that I created and found great results with for my Nov 2013 wedding. What's your email address so I can share it with you?
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    try just eating cottage cheese and water...........its a crash diet but at least u will fit and than can eat regularly again afterwards.
  • alesia9
    Options
    I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

I feel you- it can be discouraging when you do all this work and nothing changes. Get me your address and I will send you a few meal plan choices that helped me shed inches and pounds last year in prep for my wedding. Congrats also on your upcoming day!
    -
  • alesia9
    Options
    I dont always upload my food intake onto mfp but always carry my hand written diary. I take calories off packets and total them and use as quick add calories. as for my exercise I use my heartrate monitor all the time to tell me how many calories I have used. it looks like I will have to alter my dress but I really did not want to. I also started this link as I thought some people may be able to help. to be honest I think I was looking for miracle ....... I am very young at heart and so desperately wanted to finally lose this stupid stone I seem to be carrying and I generally thought that I would ! I am sick and tired of being fat ..... some of you may laugh or criticize me but at the end of the day all I am looking for is happiness and self worth and of course to look stunning when I finally marry the man I love after being together for 18 years !

Some people can be just mean. We are all on MFP for one reason or another that has to do with weight loss or maintenance so while some are "laughing or criticizing" just know that there are some of us who feel your pain and have been where you are. Folks are recommending a seamstress and that's great but that ONLY hits on your here & now...what about after the wedding and you still want to lose weight and be happy in the skin you're in. Seamstress isn't the complete and final answer. You reached out for help and some are just being cruel. 9 weeks or now 7 or 8 weeks should be more than enough time to see some real results with clean eating.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    edited November 2014
    Options
    alesia9 wrote: »
    I dont always upload my food intake onto mfp but always carry my hand written diary. I take calories off packets and total them and use as quick add calories. as for my exercise I use my heartrate monitor all the time to tell me how many calories I have used. it looks like I will have to alter my dress but I really did not want to. I also started this link as I thought some people may be able to help. to be honest I think I was looking for miracle ....... I am very young at heart and so desperately wanted to finally lose this stupid stone I seem to be carrying and I generally thought that I would ! I am sick and tired of being fat ..... some of you may laugh or criticize me but at the end of the day all I am looking for is happiness and self worth and of course to look stunning when I finally marry the man I love after being together for 18 years !

Some people can be just mean. We are all on MFP for one reason or another that has to do with weight loss or maintenance so while some are "laughing or criticizing" just know that there are some of us who feel your pain and have been where you are. Folks are recommending a seamstress and that's great but that ONLY hits on your here & now...what about after the wedding and you still want to lose weight and be happy in the skin you're in. Seamstress isn't the complete and final answer. You reached out for help and some are just being cruel. 9 weeks or now 7 or 8 weeks should be more than enough time to see some real results with clean eating.

You're failing to realize that OP is looking for a "here & now" solution. Check your quoting of her, particularly "be honest I think I was looking for miracle." The topic of crash weightloss is a daily occurrence here. I'd rather see someone suck up their pride and get the stupid clothes taken out rather than take drastic and possibly harmful measures to make it work.

But yeah, mean people, boo. I'm right there with ya!
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options
    alesia9 wrote: »

I'll try to address these in order..
    - Honesty is mean? The OP asked for a magical solution and received factual advice. The truth hurts, but it is the truth. Nobody is ridiculing the OP - just saying that it is not realistic, safe, and/or healthy.
    - Again, nobody is laughing or criticizing. Only honest answers.
    - Some of us, huh? How about MOST or ALL of us. I've lost 120 pounds, but it took TIME and hard *kitten* work. I assure you that 120 extra pounds did not appear on my body overnight and it sure as hell didn't disappear overnight. But I obviously have no clue whatsoever about what being overweight *feels* like.
    - The OP was asking for a "here and now" solution. It doesn't exist without crazy-*kitten* crash dieting or surgery. Neither are a good or healthy idea.
    - I'd prefer to be honest and refer her to a seamstress than to recommend some BS, unhealthy, crash diet that will do more harm than good.
    - Cruel? For giving an honest answer? Do you live in a bubble? If anyone doesn't want an honest answer, don't ask the question.
    - "Clean Eating" does not equal weight loss. Caloric deficit does. "Cleaner" eating has higher nutritional value, but that is a completely different topic.