Replies

• malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    SpecialKH wrote: »
    Sorry if it's buried in the 7 pages, but what about treadmill while you study? You can read and walk at the same time. There is ALWAYS a away to fit it in. I'm a single parent with a full time job and a kid. Even when she was too young to leave at home alone, I could STILL make it to the gym while she was in gymnastics and before that on my lunch hour (it helped the gym was only 5 minutes away).

Don't be nervous about sweating in front of him. Wisdom from someone with 25 years on you... he's already with you. He already knows your body. Even if you haven't been intimate he has observed your body's curves - he's male! Too many girls (mine included) think they can't look disheveled, sweaty or imperfect in front of their boyfriend/crush.

If you only knew... men love that glow of sweat (kind of makes them think of sex) and the loose damp tendrils of hair and the flush in your face and they don't care if you have no make up on. They love to watch your body MOVE. Not just sexy dance moves and swaying of hips when you walk.

When all else fails, fake confidence. Eventually you will become confident in your skin regardless of how much fat or muscle is under it. :)

Thank you, this meant a lot. It's really hard looking disheveled in front of him. Heck, we've been together over a year and I still hate it when he sees me without makeup! But yeah, he knows I'm chubby, and he doesn't mind it. He just thinks working out together will be good for health and relationship. We'll see how it goes on Saturday.

I agree with that.

What does he say when you say I want to lose x amount of weight?

He says "do what makes you happy, I'll think you're beautiful no matter how much you weigh."

He also tells me to go about it in a healthy way--if I try to skip meals due to lack of confidence, he urges me to have something healthy. I swear, sometimes I wonder if I'd be in the midst of an ED if he wasn't around.

What do you mean? Is the counting calories getting to a negative point?

On occasion, but this isn't often. Eating at a college dining hall means you eat every day at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Sometimes the food looks intimidating. I'm a picky eater, so my options are already slim. Then I try to eat healthy--options get even slimmer. It can be discouraging at times. This happens occasionally.

School foods tend to be on the high calorie side.

I know, but I don't really have a choice as of now. I just have to do the best I can as far as diet is concerned.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    SpecialKH wrote: »
    Sorry if it's buried in the 7 pages, but what about treadmill while you study? You can read and walk at the same time. There is ALWAYS a away to fit it in. I'm a single parent with a full time job and a kid. Even when she was too young to leave at home alone, I could STILL make it to the gym while she was in gymnastics and before that on my lunch hour (it helped the gym was only 5 minutes away).

Don't be nervous about sweating in front of him. Wisdom from someone with 25 years on you... he's already with you. He already knows your body. Even if you haven't been intimate he has observed your body's curves - he's male! Too many girls (mine included) think they can't look disheveled, sweaty or imperfect in front of their boyfriend/crush.

If you only knew... men love that glow of sweat (kind of makes them think of sex) and the loose damp tendrils of hair and the flush in your face and they don't care if you have no make up on. They love to watch your body MOVE. Not just sexy dance moves and swaying of hips when you walk.

When all else fails, fake confidence. Eventually you will become confident in your skin regardless of how much fat or muscle is under it. :)

Thank you, this meant a lot. It's really hard looking disheveled in front of him. Heck, we've been together over a year and I still hate it when he sees me without makeup! But yeah, he knows I'm chubby, and he doesn't mind it. He just thinks working out together will be good for health and relationship. We'll see how it goes on Saturday.

I agree with that.

What does he say when you say I want to lose x amount of weight?

He says "do what makes you happy, I'll think you're beautiful no matter how much you weigh."

He also tells me to go about it in a healthy way--if I try to skip meals due to lack of confidence, he urges me to have something healthy. I swear, sometimes I wonder if I'd be in the midst of an ED if he wasn't around.

What do you mean? Is the counting calories getting to a negative point?

On occasion, but this isn't often. Eating at a college dining hall means you eat every day at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Sometimes the food looks intimidating. I'm a picky eater, so my options are already slim. Then I try to eat healthy--options get even slimmer. It can be discouraging at times. This happens occasionally.

School foods tend to be on the high calorie side.

I know, but I don't really have a choice as of now. I just have to do the best I can as far as diet is concerned.

What's new OP.