Getting discouraged. Lean bulk or cut? What should I do?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Welcome
    Wish I could get your quads. :D

When will you start your cut?

I'm thinking mid January after the holidays, my birthday, and wrapping up this 13 week training cycle. I'm hoping to top out at like 195 lbs... trying to keep the gains fairly slow on purpose. That'll mark a year in a surplus too!

Wow...1 yr.

You have definitely benefited from it.
    I was looking at some pics from my leanest over the summer and then one from today.....I ain't seeing anything where I want it....
    All around my waist, not my upper body.....very frustrating.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Welcome

I'm thinking mid January after the holidays, my birthday, and wrapping up this 13 week training cycle. I'm hoping to top out at like 195 lbs... trying to keep the gains fairly slow on purpose. That'll mark a year in a surplus too!

Wow...1 yr.

I was looking at some pics from my leanest over the summer and then one from today.....I ain't seeing anything where I want it....

Seth, FTR, you are completely delusional. :p
  • MityMax96
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Welcome

Wow...1 yr.

No trust me
    If I posted a side by side like Kyle did....
    There is no change across my shoulders.....only around my waist...

• PwrLftr82
    Options
    Welcome

Wow...1 yr.

No trust me
    If I posted a side by side like Kyle did....
    There is no change across my shoulders.....only around my waist...

I've seen your pics side by side. You look terrific all around (pun not intended)
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Thanks Parker, I appreciate it.....but I still want my shoulders to get bigger. :D
  • MityMax96
    Options
    compilation_zpsacc0eeb7.jpg

Left pic: 7-16-14, ~168lbs
    Center: 8-05-14, after my two comps, ~170 - 172 lbs.
    Right: This morning, 179lbs.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    You may not look as "lean," but you look more "jacked" overall right now, if that makes any sense.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Ok, I guess I will take that then.
    I just want my freaking upper body to grow. :D:D:D:D
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You may not look as "lean," but you look more "jacked" overall right now, if that makes any sense.

I agree, and to add, LolBroscience has added a lot more weight than you and he's been a bulk a really long time. I agree that you're definitely adding muscle; I think you're just in the weird mentality of the bulk adding too much fat and it not looking right. It's all in your head; you look great.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I agree, and to add, LolBroscience has added a lot more weight than you and he's been a bulk a really long time. I agree that you're definitely adding muscle; I think you're just in the weird mentality of the bulk adding too much fat and it not looking right. It's all in your head; you look great.

Alright, thanks brother.....
    Gonna try to keep focused on the bigger picture.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    @auddii off topic, but you have a great booty!!!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    @auddii off topic, but you have a great booty!!!!!

Ha thanks, but I still have a long way to go...
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I agree. :wink:
    nice booty
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I love how this thread keeps going off in random tangents. It's my new favorite. Better than the Chipotle Diet one that got pulled LOL
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You're doing 8 sets of 10.... on each core lift?

Not to mention squat and bench on the same day. That's huge energy output.
    Are you talking in general squat and bench the same day is a bad idea or at the set/rep range?

I actually enjoy doing both the same day but when the program calls for it.

No, not saying it's bad in general but when you are doing that rep range I wouldn't do both together. I generally don't right now because I do more of a PL and OL program but there are people who do both together but I've never seen it with that volume.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Double...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I love how this thread keeps going off in random tangents. It's my new favorite. Better than the Chipotle Diet one that got pulled LOL

Now we have a poise down lol.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Your arms have noticeable size gains, same with Chest thickness IMO. Shoulder comparison is hard to see, but you're turned with one arm up so I bet if you stuck two side by side arms down comparison pics you'd notice more of a difference. Also, have you measured the shoulders at all?
  • MityMax96
    Options

LOL
    I like tangents.