Getting discouraged. Lean bulk or cut? What should I do?

Options

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    You may not look as "lean," but you look more "jacked" overall right now, if that makes any sense.

I agree, and to add, LolBroscience has added a lot more weight than you and he's been a bulk a really long time. I agree that you're definitely adding muscle; I think you're just in the weird mentality of the bulk adding too much fat and it not looking right. It's all in your head; you look great.

Your arms have noticeable size gains, same with Chest thickness IMO. Shoulder comparison is hard to see, but you're turned with one arm up so I bet if you stuck two side by side arms down comparison pics you'd notice more of a difference. Also, have you measured the shoulders at all?

Agreed.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    You may not look as "lean," but you look more "jacked" overall right now, if that makes any sense.

I agree, and to add, LolBroscience has added a lot more weight than you and he's been a bulk a really long time. I agree that you're definitely adding muscle; I think you're just in the weird mentality of the bulk adding too much fat and it not looking right. It's all in your head; you look great.

Your arms have noticeable size gains, same with Chest thickness IMO. Shoulder comparison is hard to see, but you're turned with one arm up so I bet if you stuck two side by side arms down comparison pics you'd notice more of a difference. Also, have you measured the shoulders at all?

No I have not.
    I should have done that over the summer and I did not.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    How can you know if you didn't track! Silly. Get out the tape measure immediately! Measure those shoulders and track!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Yeah, I will.....
    Was just going on pics.
    Figured if I was putting on some size, it would at least show up there. :D
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I didn't think I'd put on noticeable size in my shoulders last year but was able to track based on measurements...went from 37" circumference to 39" circumference.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Fair point, I should have measured.....kicking myself for it now.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I'd put on noticeable size in my shoulders last year but was able to track based on measurements...went from 37" circumference to 39" circumference.

Nice job, and you didn't notice a 2" increase visually?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

I didn't really when I looked in the mirror...but a side by side showed a change from looking like a pear to more of an hourglass, but it wasn't until I saw the numbers that it really clicked.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I didn't really when I looked in the mirror...but a side by side showed a change from looking like a pear to more of an hourglass, but it wasn't until I saw the numbers that it really clicked.

Ahh, I see now. I found the best thing for the shoulder girdle was doing C&J and snatching. It makes a huge difference in delt and trap thickness. I noticed it more from how the feel of my shirts fit around the shoulders.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

Ahh, I see now. I found the best thing for the shoulder girdle was doing C&J and snatching. It makes a huge difference in delt and trap thickness. I noticed it more from how the feel of my shirts fit around the shoulders.

I do power cleans, but have never done jerked or snatched (I'm giggling like a 14yo boy right now). I'm afraid of doing them wrong :'(
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The amount of jacked men in this thread is making me sad.

I wonder if anyone is going to be a damn cry baby again and have the pictures removed like they did to PWR. Morons.

Didn't even realize that they were pulled it wasn't like one of those thigh gap pictures. MFP gets a little strange at times.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

I wonder if anyone is going to be a damn cry baby again and have the pictures removed like they did to PWR. Morons.

Didn't even realize that they were pulled it wasn't like one of those thigh gap pictures. MFP gets a little strange at times.

Oooohhhh....should we start posting thigh gap pics?!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I do power cleans, but have never done jerked or snatched (I'm giggling like a 14yo boy right now). I'm afraid of doing them wrong :'(

Yes, it's your duty to snatch -- Peter Griffin is giddy now! ;) Don't worry about doing it wrong because EVERYONE does them wrong at first. I was practicing for over a month with a broom handle to get the form down. It takes some time to work both form and get the proper strength and flexibility. I was helping a couple guys do OHS last night and they couldn't get below parallel because they lacked balance, flexibility and strength, but in a couple weeks they will be doing it more or less correctly.

Give it a try, Snatch is one of the best things for upper back.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Oooohhhh....should we start posting thigh gap pics?!

LOL then it will be like that Chipotles thread!
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    OHS is another thing I keep thinking about and not doing. I've got squat day tomorrow and WILL do them!!!

Will try jerk and snatch on Sunday. I'll be YouTubeing videos first!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    OHS is another thing I keep thinking about and not doing. I've got squat day tomorrow and WILL do them!!!

Some call OHS the king of exercises as it can really work the full body and you will see how strong your core is when doing it. B)
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

Some call OHS the king of exercises as it can really work the full body and you will see how strong your core is when doing it. B)

What kind of weight should I start with?!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

A women's bar. The snatch is a highly technical move and there's a chance you'll end up on your *kitten* a few times trying it out.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Do you do overhead squats ever? That might be a good starting point if you don't.