125 day positive challenge

Options

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Had a good day. I had to work and it was about 5 hours on a ladder installing window treatments at a hotel. But the person I worked with was great. No complaints, just "lets get this done". Wonderful to work with someone who is like minded.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    258 - Closed today on Mom and Dad's house, which they bought in 1950 and moved in when they married. Bitter sweet.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Today was a hectic day. I think - I did not get much done. Then I remembered, I stayed under calories, treated myself well. Took care of things that needed to be done. I went to a recovery meeting and I shared my story. I am good with this.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    259 - Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Missed a day. Another hectic day. I am struggling with issues in my head. Not to be confused with the real issues in my life. These are entirely fabricated in my head. I do this as an escape from my real issues. Today I acknowledge this and hope to do better tomorrow.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    260 - It was a long day at work, considered leaving "sick" and perhaps calling in tomorrow. I didn't leave and will not call in "sick" tomorrow, just not my style.
  • cblue315
    Options
    My counselor suggested I blog or log or journal a positive thought every day. Then I told her about the positive challenge. She was blown away. I already knew this was a good thing and now I have yet another person confirming I am doing good things in my life.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    My counselor suggested I blog or log or journal a positive thought every day. Then I told her about the positive challenge. She was blown away. I already knew this was a good thing and now I have yet another person confirming I am doing good things in my life.

This is definitely something that helps!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    261 - Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Jeanmk56 wrote: »
    261 - Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.

So powerful and freeing... I needed to read this message
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today, I logged my dietary habits for 60 days consecutively and it marks the completion of a 22-day challenge [which shall now on be a lifestyle/unconscious habit]. However, I did not realize that July 23 would be my "Day 1" to start being accountable to my physical AND mental health.

Day 1 - I am proud of myself for living through and surviving what felt like the unsurvivable. I am proud of myself for putting myself and healing to the forefront; as for so many years in the past, I chose to overlook and neglect my well being.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    B_TEEN wrote: »
    Today, I logged my dietary habits for 60 days consecutively and it marks the completion of a 22-day challenge [which shall now on be a lifestyle/unconscious habit]. However, I did not realize that July 23 would be my "Day 1" to start being accountable to my physical AND mental health.

Day 1 - I am proud of myself for living through and surviving what felt like the unsurvivable. I am proud of myself for putting myself and healing to the forefront; as for so many years in the past, I chose to overlook and neglect my well being.

It is so easy to overlook our own selves and be at the back burner. Glad you have come forward!
  • cblue315
    Options
    Today I went to my son's "graduation" from treatment (alcohol and drug). The group took turns giving him positive feedback and recomendations to help him continue to move in a positive direction. It was so good for me to hear others saying these things.
    When he was born the doctor handed him to me and he reached up and touched my face. From that very moment I was hooked. I would always love him and would forever be a mother.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    262 - today I spoke with a live human being at the IRS, thank you Ms W!
  • cblue315
    Options
    Today I picked up my new bike. I will post a pic tomorrow. The shop is throwing in a free fitting. I am so very excited. Tomorrow I have a whole hour to ride.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    263 - So happy to see my oldest brother and his family today! Glad he is recovering from his surgery!
  • JeanMBK
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Today I picked up my new bike. I will post a pic tomorrow. The shop is throwing in a free fitting. I am so very excited. Tomorrow I have a whole hour to ride.

Free fitting?! that's awesome! enjoy that ride tomorrow!
  • cblue315
    Options
    Well I ended up with about 1/2 hour ride today. One of my splits was 18 mph, in town. I can't wait to get it on the open road. The ride is very nice, so very different than my old commuter bike.
    dk676dlwidt6.jpg
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    @cblue315 ^^^^ sweet ride!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    264 - Mark's family reunion today, 5 generations!