6000 calories a day and not gaining weight.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 25, 1.8m and 88kg. Lifting 6 times a week. Currently eating 6000 cals a day and maintaining. Pretty uncomfortable most of the time and force feeding.
    My goal is to get to around 100kg.
    Any ideas why I might not be gaining any weight?

Per Jonathan Bailor's The Calorie Myth my guess you are a healthy person and your brain is working hard to keep you from going above/below your biological weight set point.

Weight control by our brain seems to be influenced by some of our 50 hormones we are learning today. This is why most all people will stop gaining weight at some level even if they keep overeating. Seldom do you see a 1500 pound person.

Now about 40 years ago it was thought our weight was controlled by the calories we eat but today we it is not that simple. Keep in mind some people are still stuck with the old data and will tell you that you just are not eating enough calories. :)

Because you would need to consistently be consuming like 45,000 calories every single day over a period of time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 25, 1.8m and 88kg. Lifting 6 times a week. Currently eating 6000 cals a day and maintaining. Pretty uncomfortable most of the time and force feeding.

Per Jonathan Bailor's The Calorie Myth my guess you are a healthy person and your brain is working hard to keep you from going above/below your biological weight set point.

Weight control by our brain seems to be influenced by some of our 50 hormones we are learning today. This is why most all people will stop gaining weight at some level even if they keep overeating. Seldom do you see a 1500 pound person.

Now about 40 years ago it was thought our weight was controlled by the calories we eat but today we it is not that simple. Keep in mind some people are still stuck with the old data and will tell you that you just are not eating enough calories. :)
    I read your posts. I understand the words, but the overall concept of the idea you're attempting to convey is mind-boggling.
    Claude-Frollo-Witchcraft-Reaction-Gif-In-The-Hunchback-Of-Notre-Dame.gif
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

Yep, definitely this. You just have to BELIEVE that you can gain weight and you can do it. Don't even worry about eating, calories are a myth. May as well stop training too while you are at it.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »

Yep, definitely this. You just have to BELIEVE that you can gain weight and you can do it. Don't even worry about eating, calories are a myth. May as well stop training too while you are at it.

:laugh:

And now I have to put this up...

grumpy-cat-part1-2-12-092020192.png
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

I'm going to ask Santa for booty gains this Christmas... (I've been good! ;) )
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hit up the docs and have your thyroid checked out...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I wish there were a flag for "clueless" so I could use it on your post.

The reason we don't see 1500lb people generally is because at higher and higher weights it requires more and more calories to maintain/increase weight. At some point it's going to become nearly impossible to eat enough to continue gaining. Not to mention the fact that as your weight increases, so do health risks. People that get extremely heavy don't live\stay healthy long enough to keep gaining.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I believe I can squat 500 pounds *kitten* to grass - not split my rectum AND have 5% body fat.

sigh me up- no really- the unicorn is standing by- just sign me up and I'll go to whatever camp requires this belief training.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I'm going to ask Santa for booty gains this Christmas... (I've been good! ;) )

Love it. Just believe!!!
  • shadey152
    shadey152 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you using Gainer?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Okay, I bought the rudy reds, clicked them 3 times, and nothing. Dammit! I live nowhere near Kansas; where is Aunty M?!? I BELIEVE< I BELIEVE< still nada.

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options

This guy is a genius! I believe! I believe!
  • hummingbirdhope
    hummingbirdhope Posts: 101 Member
    Options

You could have a food intolerance that you don't know about...or be like me and have celiac (allergic to gluten, but also my body doesn't absorb it). You might not be absorbing all the calories from it