6000 calories a day and not gaining weight.

Options

Replies

• ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    this quote below,

and add some greens and meat / fish! You are eating way too much estrogen producing and HGH blocking foods mate.

I'm already uncomfortably full all the time so I don't think adding greens (effectively calorie-free) is the answer.

Can you give examples of foods which affect hormone levels?
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    robrsmith wrote: »
    Any time you're thinking about using whole milk, use heavy whipping cream instead. It's got 820 calories per cup. You'll be super bulky in no time.

I feel like this would be the best bowl of cereal ever. Even using a few drops of half and half makes grapenuts taste so good (yes, I realize most people think it's like eating rocks).

Mmm...I drink heavy cream straight from the carton every day. Love it. (And I love Grape Nuts)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    But OP I do feel for you... 6000 cals is a lot... as jealous as everyone is, there comes a point where eating that much day in and day out I would imagine is just.. exhausting.
    My thoughts exactly. For many of us, that's like taking every single thing we eat/drink, doubling it, and then some on top of that. And not just one day, but every day. I don't think some people realize just how much food this really is. Even for many who struggle with trying to lose weight, even this is a bit much.

I'd have to more than triple my intake. I think that would be fun for about one day. Do that every day, and I don't think I'd even want to think about food anymore.

On the other hand, I'd get to bake all of the things I hold off on because it'd just be me eating it and I don't like wasting food OR effort.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    this quote below,

and add some greens and meat / fish! You are eating way too much estrogen producing and HGH blocking foods mate.

I'm already uncomfortably full all the time so I don't think adding greens (effectively calorie-free) is the answer.

Yeah I'm definitely interested to see how she determined where your estrogen and HGH levels are based on simply looking at a food list.
    in +3

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Any time you're thinking about using whole milk, use heavy whipping cream instead. It's got 820 calories per cup. You'll be super bulky in no time.

I feel like this would be the best bowl of cereal ever. Even using a few drops of half and half makes grapenuts taste so good (yes, I realize most people think it's like eating rocks).

I love grape nuts.

so let's throw out some dates on this peanutbutter/nutella thing.

I think sometime after the holidays? I feel like most of us are going to be eating to much anyway- or maybe throw this in between Christmas and New years? let's at least get a month down so we can plain- maybe start training??
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    this quote below,

uh I did, I said greens. Greens affect hormone levels. ie. spinach, broccoli, red swiss chard, nori, brussel sprouts.... They have nothing to do with calories.

• JoRocka
    Options
    this quote below,

uh I did, I said greens. Greens affect hormone levels. ie. spinach, broccoli, red swiss chard, nori, brussel sprouts.... They have nothing to do with calories.

very filling- low calories.

exact opposite of what you need when bulking.

just saying.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Pretty much read the whole thread. He trains 6 days a week? Did the OP ever answer why he trains 6 a week?

I'd try reducing the training to half that for a week or two or three or four and forget the scale during, and check results after that time. Adjust accordingly. Try to keep all other variables the same.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Umm luckyyyyy
    I'd suggest eating more calorie dense foods. Try checking out weight watchers point system on food, that might help. I don't like the thought of eating fatty foods, so I completely understand if you don't want to just go grab a bad of chips. But, hummus, avocados, peanut butter, whole wheat, stuff like that, might help you out. I'm not sure if your eating a high/low carb diet or protein diet, changing those factors might help too.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I love grape nuts.

I think sometime after the holidays? I feel like most of us are going to be eating to much anyway- or maybe throw this in between Christmas and New years? let's at least get a month down so we can plain- maybe start training??

I'm cool whenever you want to do it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    this quote below,

Yeah... you might want to just bow out of the conversation.
  • biorobotics
    Options
    damn, dude, i max out at 4000kcal/day, and that's with 4 supplements (ensure).
    i agree with adding more green things, just bathe them in oil; roasted vegetables, sweet potato fries, sautéed everything. if you take a bowl of leafy greens, toss them into a stir fry, they'll reduce down to nothing.
    according to your diary, you can put together a 2000+ calorie meal. it's a pain in the *kitten* to do 3x a day, but there you go...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

I love grape nuts.

pics & vids plz.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

I love grape nuts.

pics & vids plz.

Kyle, you know I meant the Nutella/PB challenge, right? Don't get so excited :p
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I love grape nuts.

I'm just going to put this here:
    nutelladay.com/nutella-recipes/
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I love grape nuts.

pics & vids plz.

:'(
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

I love grape nuts.

Evil vixen!
  • JoRocka
    Options

I love grape nuts.

pics & vids plz.

hey- it's peanut butter and two girls- you NEVER know what will happen.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

I love grape nuts.

Evil vixen!

Well, to be fair someone was complaining about 2700 cals. >:)