Sushi

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Don't waste the rice, that's not needed. Just get the sashimi if you're going to do that.

Only if you're ordering - those conveyor belt places don't usually make sashimi.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    The conveyor belt place I go to will do riceless if you ask a server. Might be something to try?
  • sofaking6
    Options
    The conveyor belt place I go to will do riceless if you ask a server. Might be something to try?

And they won't charge you more? I'm going to the wrong conveyor belt place :(

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Sushi Pier. Hiroba. *drools*

Oh yeah, so going out for some sushi next week.
  • dbmata
    Options

My old one was Aloha, and then the one by the convention center, in that shopping center with the army recruiter. I forget the name.
  • dbmata
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

And they won't charge you more? I'm going to the wrong conveyor belt place :(

No, they're just like... "Seriously, two pieces of nigiri without the rice?"
    Yup. Done.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

My old one was Aloha, and then the one by the convention center, in that shopping center with the army recruiter. I forget the name.

Sushi Club.

I'm partial to some of the stuff at Sushi Moto myself.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Don't waste the rice, that's not needed. Just get the sashimi if you're going to do that.

I usually get a spicy tuna salad which tends to be marinated tuna on a few leaves of lettuce and sesame seeds.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    I just really want to try one of these sushirritos...
    sushirrito-1.jpg

We had some sushi that was called burrito. It was really good.

I just estimate calories.

I would probably eat that sushi pizza

This is similar to the burrito. It is philly handroll with soy paper

l.jpg
  • roz112
    roz112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yummy looks delicious!
  • dbmata
    Options

I usually get a spicy tuna salad which tends to be marinated tuna on a few leaves of lettuce and sesame seeds.

that's a lot like the poke I had on saturday. Tuna's like this perfect meat, that we need to enjoy now, before it's fished to extinction.
  • sofaking6
    Options

that's a lot like the poke I had on saturday. Tuna's like this perfect meat, that we need to enjoy now, before it's fished to extinction.

There's been a Bluefin explosion off the coast here this summer, I've had so much poke lately I could almost die happy. I agree, tuna is perfect. Raw tuna, anyway.

• dbmata
    Options

There's been a Bluefin explosion off the coast here this summer, I've had so much poke lately I could almost die happy. I agree, tuna is perfect. Raw tuna, anyway.

They reproduce super slowly though, but man, bluefin I could live on that meat almost exclusively.
  • sofaking6
    Options

They reproduce super slowly though, but man, bluefin I could live on that meat almost exclusively.

Same here, especially since it's so expensive to get beef that you can eat raw nowadays.

(no, not kidding, I grew up on tartare)
  • dbmata
    Options
    I buy whole standing rib roasts. When I break them down, I get snacks right off the bone. ;)
  • roz112
    roz112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I buy whole standing rib roasts. When I break them down, I get snacks right off the bone. ;)

Mmm ribs. I haven't had meat in so long, im actually craving that
  • sofaking6
    Options

My mom wishes I'd met and married you in our respective youths lol. She taught me to eat raw meat and then my dad turned vegan when I was just a kid. And my ex was like morally opposed to spending money on quality food. He would seriously come home on the regular with whatever meat the store had marked down for imminent spoilage.

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I would look up seaweed, salmon, avocado and white rice and make a guess at the amounts and maybe be extra conservative. If it's a roll, I can't imagine there is more than 2-3oz of salmon in there, 100g of rice and 2oz of avocado. I think some restaurants put mayo on their "california" type rolls so that would add a lot more calories. I am not sure how much seaweed is but I'm sure it's on here. I've made sushi rolls before and this is my estimate.

I haven't had sushi since starting my weight loss journey 8 weeks ago but if/when I do I will elect to have sashimi. I am pretty good at estimating protein amounts. Incidentally, some places will make it with brown rice. I'm not sure it's that big of a deal, though. Tastes the same to me and I would make sure I burned it off before I went to bed anyway.
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    How on Earth did it take me this long to find the Sushi thread?!?

Not sure if the how to log question it was answered or not. But I usually get the same lunch combo, I also know how to make it at home. I ordered my usual order to go, took it home, dismantled it and weight everything seperate. Then put it all back together (mostly). Then I had a good idea of what I was getting, not to mention the realization that the other place I like was really skimping on the tuna....
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I could legit eat like 6 rolls and only begin to damp my appetite. Love sushi so much.