225/135 Max-Rep Bench Press "Club"

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Decided I'm gonna test my 225xAMRAP in the new year. So two weeks from now. Curious to see how it goes. Hoping for at least 10.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Decided I'm gonna test my 225xAMRAP in the new year. So two weeks from now. Curious to see how it goes. Hoping for at least 10.

Good luck, I imagine 10 is actually low for you.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Good luck!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

eat well the night before, pick out a good pace and just pound until you win or die.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Guess who is going on gear.
    T level is that of a 70 year old man.

Above or below the Mendoza line?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Is getting T levels checked part of a normal physical, or do you have to pay extra for it typically? I've never had it done, but I'd be curious to see what mine were. I just assume they're fine since I want to smash weights and everything else in my site if you know what i'm sayin...

I requested is specifically, it's not normally done.

There's a few indicators like fatigue that had me concerned, so I asked for it, and my doc said, make it so.

Yeah, fatigue is generally the first indicator. Generally feeling like a bag of **** and weakness are big signs.

These were my clues many many years ago when I was first diagnosed...in addition to busting *kitten* in the gym, eating like a horse, and not making any appreciable progress. 30ish years old and T levels <200 is the saddest sad that ever sadded.
  • dbmata
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Is getting T levels checked part of a normal physical, or do you have to pay extra for it typically? I've never had it done, but I'd be curious to see what mine were. I just assume they're fine since I want to smash weights and everything else in my site if you know what i'm sayin...

There's a few indicators like fatigue that had me concerned, so I asked for it, and my doc said, make it so.

Yeah, fatigue is generally the first indicator. Generally feeling like a bag of **** and weakness are big signs.

These were my clues many many years ago when I was first diagnosed...in addition to busting *kitten* in the gym, eating like a horse, and not making any appreciable progress. 30ish years old and T levels <200 is the saddest sad that ever sadded.

I'm right at 200 @ 35.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I'm right at 200 @ 35.

Mine are supposed to be around 540 IIRC. I might go get tested but I have a feeling mine might be a little high judging by my performance in the gym.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'm asking my doc for 900-1100.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I'm asking my doc for 900-1100.

Bold.

Two years later, we're still trying to dial in the right dose for something reasonable. I've since tested around 130-200 many times...and a fluky 1500 earlier this year. Hoping we finally have it right now. Will know in a few months when we test again. I'd be fine with 500-700 since we test at the furthest point from the last injection (ie, the day of a scheduled injection). Good luck.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I figure, ask high and outside of the top of the range, and he'll know I want to be on the higher end if not top of the range.

"Reach for the stars, and get the moon." So to speak.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I should have mine tested then lulz... wonder if they would give me shots for that.

I'd be okay with it. I want bigger lifts damnnnnit
  • dbmata
    Options
    range for women at the highest value on the sheet I have is 75.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I should have mine tested then lulz... wonder if they would give me shots for that.

Just be careful with that. If I get a little too much on the protocol, I grow hair, might get a little uneven emotionally, and a few other fairly benign side effects*. If you do that, things can go south really quickly (or at least that's what I've heard).

*(Well, I guess there's that whole liver damage thing at too high doses for too long to worry about too.)
  • DopeItUp
    Options

You're already basically become a man with all that lifting (I see through that makeup that only *kitten* clowns wear in the gym) so you might as well complete the transformation.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Like David Duchovny in Twin Peaks?
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    What is the average t level for us 23 year olds? 230000000x10/\4th?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Just be careful with that. If I get a little too much on the protocol, I grow hair, might get a little uneven emotionally, and a few other fairly benign side effects*. If you do that, things can go south really quickly (or at least that's what I've heard).

*(Well, I guess there's that whole liver damage thing at too high doses for too long to worry about too.)

I thought liver damage was with oral dosing only.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Then you'll be really kicking my butt in lunges!
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    What is the average t level for us 23 year olds? 230000000x10/\4th?

I don't think they've invented numbers that high yet. Fricken kids. :D