December Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MamaP47 wrote: »
    I'm gonna aim for 100 miles again. Didn't make it last month, but I started the challenge late ;)

I madey goal for Nov -- at the last minute...lol. Still gonna keep my goal the same at 100 miles for Dec due to the holidays and all.

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I have been running for a while but it has been horribly inconsistent until recently. I am up for 43 miles in December. :)
    exercise.png
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm scaling back to 60 miles for December due to ankle injury now, half marathon Dec 13 and the holidays.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge.
    Going to up my goal to 75 miles for December.
    Happy December running everyone.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    P.S. This is the First anniversary for my monthly running challenges. First one was in December of 2013: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1145662
    Many thanks for organising these challenges! They are a relly awesome idea.

I'll try to go for 100km this month - I really surprised by running that much in November, hope I can repeat this in December despite the holidays.

exercise.png
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Round three fight....lol....I'm in again. Going to start with 60k and build on that as the month goes on and see how the weather holds up. No real snowfalls yet. But I do enjoy running in them. Something very peaceful about it. :smiley:
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll aim for 40!

exercise.png
  • jorgedr
    jorgedr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will aim for 100 Km (62 miles)

exercise.png
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Count me in :) I'm a real newbie to running, and still doing the walk/run, so I'm going to aim for 20km in December. I know it's only small, but it's achievable and still a bit of an extension on what I've been doing. I can then use how I go to guide my goals from here on. Hoping this give me the extra push I need to go from 'I'd love to be a runner' to 'I am a runner'.
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

exercise.png

Count me in! I'm going to aim for 50 miles. New runner/jogger. Thanks for this challenge.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Waiting to start running on December 5th once cleared from my dr from having a brain tumor removed November 20th. Aiming for 35 miles for the month.

Wow! Wishing you best of health.

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    December goal = 90 miles. I might got over, but with growing belly and all the holiday traveling I'd rather be on the safe side B)
    exercise.png

Should we read something into the "blue" elephant? :wink:

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    I'll go for another 100 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    December goal = 90 miles. I might got over, but with growing belly and all the holiday traveling I'd rather be on the safe side B)
    exercise.png

Haha! Well, the elephant is blue with pink ears and pink feet :) So as of right now the baby's gender is unknown. If it wasn't for my impatient husband, I would not be finding out till he/she is born :p I'll let you all know with a very definitive ticker once it's time!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    exercise.png

Haha! Well, the elephant is blue with pink ears and pink feet :) So as of right now the baby's gender is unknown. If it wasn't for my impatient husband, I would not be finding out till he/she is born :p I'll let you all know with a very definitive ticker once it's time!

Can't wait!

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I stopped running for a bit last month after my half marathon since I had no clear goals in sight and once my week off was over a cold spell hit and I wasn't prepared. Ended up just over 54 miles, rather than my planned 100, so I'd like to be realistic about December, but I also want to get back to about 4 days per week and have joined a running group for incentive (and have ideas about doing a 15 mile run in mid January here in Chicago for some unknown reason).

So, counting up my tentative schedule I think I can manage 70 miles before the week of Christmas when I'm visiting my parents near Portland and they should have better running weather no matter how busy things are, so 80 seems realistic.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @stoshew- Stan thanks for doing this again! This is a great motivational help. I scanned through last December & a few of those runners are still here. Good Luck on the 13th!
    -
    @larrewl- Ouch-hope that ankle heals in time for your race. Good Luck!

If I can manage to run 221miles I'll hit 1,800 miles in 2014- but that's a crazy pipe dream. I still owe the lonewolf 184.4 of 414 original miles from a crazy challenge I committed to. So I'm saying 185+???

@RunnerElizabeth you're in my part of the world. December in New England is cold, dark, slippery running. Because you've stepped back to 100 miles, it makes me worry that I won't be able to run my minimum 185.
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    In for 12 miles again. Not sure how finals and being back home for an extended period of time are going to affect my workout/running schedule yet so I don't want to up the miles.

exercise.png
  • sarabigod
    sarabigod Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in as a first-timer... goal is 24 miles.

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Acria wrote: »
    Count me in :) I'm a real newbie to running, and still doing the walk/run, so I'm going to aim for 20km in December. I know it's only small, but it's achievable and still a bit of an extension on what I've been doing. I can then use how I go to guide my goals from here on. Hoping this give me the extra push I need to go from 'I'd love to be a runner' to 'I am a runner'.
    Go for it!

I run further now, but I do not think those are small distances. I started the same way, with walking/running, as did others I would imagine.

I get the same high now after longer runs that I did after shorter distance walk/runs that required as much effort and discipline back then.

Just keep at it and you will "be a runner" a lot sooner than you may think!