December Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 505_runnergirl
    505_runnergirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in and I am shooting for 100 miles in December! I am already at 12.5! Let's do this!!
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1st run of the month - cold one! 2 degrees Centigrade.

2/12 6.25 (6.25)

exercise.png
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    What the hell. If I'm going to race in the 10 Mile Trail Run I'm thinking about in February, I need to do 58 miles. Of which I have done none, but plan to change that this evening.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ooooo!!! this looks like a great idea! i'm currently learning how to run for a half marathon in October 2015. i think i'm going to start small for this month at maybe 30 miles? i think this is just what i need to get me going again.

exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    First run in some new kicks I bought after getting fit last night. Mixed feelings, they felt heavy and it was a sluggish run. I'm hoping it was just a bad run....

exercise.png
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    12/2 treadmill 60 min 5 mph
    exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Goal for December: 80 miles

12/1 root canal in the morning, and 5.18 in the afternoon.....what a day!
    12/2 3.53

Total: 8.71
    (ticker is my goal for 2014 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Only got 1.1 in today because of having to run too soon after dinner :(

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    12/01.... 6.40....... 6.40
    12/02.... 4.40......10.80 Wet, Wet, Wet Rain run in the AM/Strength training in the PM

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    Options
    Now sure if I'll be running the rest of the week, I hurt something last week at Turkey Trot in my right leg/hip/knee and last night at Galaxy of Lights I was crying by mile 2.5. My whole leg was numb and my hip and knee are really sore so I'm going to rest for now. :frowning:

Oh and I need to brag on my 14 year old daughter who finished 36 out of 1,000 runners and won her age group with a 23:49 time last night. :star:
    Congrats to your Skippy Girl!! I hope you feel better soon! Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation!
    briebee7 wrote: »
    Ran 4 this morning in the pouring rain! Thank goodness for awesome running friends.
    I also figured out that I really need a new rain jacket to run in. I came home drenched and freezing. We haven't had much rain in the last few years however we have gotten some great storms this last month. So I told my husband that I would send him links to a few "ideas" of jackets for Christmas.
    So California is finally getting it too! I love running in the rain but my rain jacket is not quite so waterproof any longer. I was wet and chilled when I got home too :smiley: Seems like a good 'idea' to plant!!
    Abakan wrote: »
    Running my first half marathon this coming sunday, getting cold feet really don't want to do it now. Rode around the course on my bike today hoping that would get me excited and enthusiastic about Sunday but it didn't work. OMG why did I enter.

It's not unusual to feel this way.... but once you get there and the race starts you will have a great deal of fun. After about three miles you will notice several people running your same pace... I know I will never win a race so I kick back and have fun and find someone to run with and talk to... miles melt away and before you know it, you will have your first HM medal.... and before you get back to your car, you will be looking to sign up for another one.
    ^^ This! I felt that way too before my 1st half and my 2nd and my 3rd... going on 8 now because as LoneWolf says you end up ready to sign up for the next one before you get to your car! I think you will be surprised at how many are right there with or behind you!
  • shanaber
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anyone else having posting issues?
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I went for my run today just after my grandma arrived at our house, and it's her birthday. Oops. I'm sure she understands

exercise.png
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! 35 miles for me this month.

12/1 - 3.5 miles
    12/3 - 3.5 miles

exercise.png

• ashleyboyes
    ashleyboyes Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is my fit time getting involved in a challenge through the message boards - looking forward to it.
  • ashleyboyes
    ashleyboyes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 3.1 miles in the Galaxy of Lights 5K (32:17)

Total: 3.1 miles out of 100

Now sure if I'll be running the rest of the week, I hurt something last week at Turkey Trot in my right leg/hip/knee and last night at Galaxy of Lights I was crying by mile 2.5. My whole leg was numb and my hip and knee are really sore so I'm going to rest for now. :frowning:

exercise.png

Oh and I need to brag on my 14 year old daughter who finished 36 out of 1,000 runners and won her age group with a 23:49 time last night. :star:

Congrats to your daughter!!! Awesome job!!

Hopefully you have a quick recovery and will be on the road soon....
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 3.1 miles in the Galaxy of Lights 5K (32:17)

Total: 3.1 miles out of 100

exercise.png

Oh no!!! Hope it heals quickly. Frequent gentle stretching usually helps me. Rest up and feel better! And congrats to your daughter!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    12/1, 4.5 miles, treadmill
    12/2, 4.5 miles, treadmill
    12/3, 4.5 miles, treadmill

13.5 total; 70 goal

exercise.png

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    12/2 - 3.1 miles