December Running Challenge

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm in! I'm aiming for 70 miles this month. No excuses.

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Goal for December: 80 miles

12/1 root canal in the morning, and 5.18 on beautiful Mauna Kea in the afternoon.....what a day1

Total: 5.18
    (ticker is my goal for 2014 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Goal for December: 80 miles

12/1 root canal in the morning, and 5.18 on beautiful Mauna Kea in the afternoon.....what a day1
    Amazing :D

• Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member

exercise.png

3.1 miles today!
  • runforit
    runforit Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in for 80km this month!exercise.png
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    12/1 – 7.40 miles (5x1 intervals)

exercise.png
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    I'm back - did not make my November goal, but am determined to reach my December one!

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member

I would gladly get a root canal if I could wake up and run Mauna Kea. Hell, if i could live and run in Hawaii you could pull all my teeth....

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited December 2014

I would gladly get a root canal if I could wake up and run Mauna Kea. Hell, if i could live and run in Hawaii you could pull all my teeth....

The guest house is available for rent till February.....and I know a good dentist!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Lol! Booking my flight now....
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    2 miles today!

exercise.png

• davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2014
    Alright! I know I said it before, but I am starting to feel better again. It might just been the placebo effect (started a new asthma ) or the fact that it was almost 60 degrees out today.

I don't have any races coming up until April, so for the next month and a half it's going to be mostly shorter runs and resistance training.

12/1/14 3.3 miles, a large portion of which was uphill, one of my better runs in a while

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I have my very first marathon in 2 weeks on December 13th (The Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL). So I am reducing miles big time this month to continue my taper and allow for recovery.
    Good luck on the marathon and thanks for setting up the December challenge!!
    Waiting to start running on December 5th once cleared from my dr from having a brain tumor removed November 20th. Aiming for 35 miles for the month.
    Hope it is good news! Take care!!
    fabnine wrote: »
    If I can manage to run 221miles I'll hit 1,800 miles in 2014- but that's a crazy pipe dream. I still owe the lonewolf 184.4 of 414 original miles from a crazy challenge I committed to. So I'm saying 185+???
    If you can run in 14+ inches of snow I think you have 221 covered no problem!!
    Last month was a bad month of running... only 92 miles. The first time I've dropped below 100 miles in 16 months... very disappointing and discouraging. I let burnout and some hip issues de-rail me. I now have to get 119 just to salvage 1,800 miles for the year.
    You've got this! Just have get outside :smiley:

Welcome to all the Newbies!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Started out November with a rain run and today was an in between rain run to start out December :smile:
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    12/01.... 6.40....... 6.40

exercise.png

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    First run of the month - it's a lovely 27F today, time to bring out the gloves!

2.12.2014 - 5.0 km
    5km (of 100km) done

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for December

12/1 6.2 miles - 6.2
    12/2 4 miles - 10.2

exercise.png

• HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    12/1, 4.5 miles, treadmill
    12/2, 4.5 miles, treadmill

9.0 total; 70 goal

exercise.png

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    12/2 - 4.07 miles

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    DATE...DISTANCE...TOTAL
    12/1........3.00.........3.00
    12/2........Weight training

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    12/1 - 3.1 miles in the Galaxy of Lights 5K (32:17)

Total: 3.1 miles out of 100

Now sure if I'll be running the rest of the week, I hurt something last week at Turkey Trot in my right leg/hip/knee and last night at Galaxy of Lights I was crying by mile 2.5. My whole leg was numb and my hip and knee are really sore so I'm going to rest for now. :frowning:

exercise.png

Oh and I need to brag on my 14 year old daughter who finished 36 out of 1,000 runners and won her age group with a 23:49 time last night. :star: