December Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm in - but for 20 miles. Don't want to disappoint myself if I don't get to run when it is cold or icy!
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for December

12/1 6.2 miles 6.2

exercise.png

I will update my ticker later.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles/80 km, as long as weather and an old cycling injury permit.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I have my very first marathon in 2 weeks on December 13th (The Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL). So I am reducing miles big time this month to continue my taper and allow for recovery.

Wishing you all the best for your first marathon! You'll do fantastically!!!

Thank you very much!
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Am out for December, pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis. Going to not run at all for a few weeks.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dec 1st: 40 minutes (roughly 3.5 miles. Horrible signal around my house.)

exercise.png
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    going for 185km this month. after the 160km challenge of november.

• BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Shooting for 60 this month with a stretch goal of 80. This is realistic for me based on holiday travel and access to treadmill (bought the darn thing 3 weeks ago and it still isn't delivered!).

exercise.png

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Last month was a bad month of running... only 92 miles. The first time I've dropped below 100 miles in 16 months... very disappointing and discouraging. I let burnout and some hip issues de-rail me. I now have to get 119 just to salvage 1,800 miles for the year.

DATE...DISTANCE...TOTAL
    12/1........3.00.........3.00
    exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    If I can manage to run 221miles I'll hit 1,800 miles in 2014- but that's a crazy pipe dream. I still owe the lonewolf 184.4 of 414 original miles from a crazy challenge I committed to. So I'm saying 185+???
    Don't kill yourself, girl. I totally fizzled on your challenge to get me to 2,000. But if you DO decide to continue being a maniac and get the 221, we will end up with the same miles for the year... assuming I hit my goal.
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles - I only managed 72 in November but I am determined to get to 100 in December. I need to start ramping up my mileage for my April Marathon!
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2 cold miles this morning.
    exercise.png
  • sarabigod
    sarabigod Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Building up pace and felt good this morning!

Dec 1 - 1.75 mi

exercise.png
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In for 50 miles! I have a HM on Dec 13, and then have no specific training plan for after that. I have 652 miles so far this year, so I'd like to finish over 700.

exercise.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 Dec - 7.2mi, easy effort
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay day one of December did not result in a run but instead went on a 14k hike with a friend and my dog. Tomorrow will be the first run.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 running miles. This is my first MFP challenge. I'm training for a fall 13.1, so this fits right in.

exercise.png
  • ironsupergirl
    Options
    My goal is 100 miles for December.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Am out for December, pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis. Going to not run at all for a few weeks.
    :'( You were doing so well. You're wise to rest though. Better to rest now and come back strong than to keep pushing and really injure yourself. Can't wait to see you running and achieving all those goals again!
    BaltarVK wrote: »
    Dec 1st: 40 minutes (roughly 3.5 miles. Horrible signal around my house.)
    It doesn't matter how you log your runs, but if you really care about the distance here's an idea. Mark the miles along your usual route(s) then push the lap button on a watch or stop watch as you pass them. It's low tech, but it's reasonably accurate- no worse than garminization anyway.
    Don't kill yourself, girl. I totally fizzled on your challenge to get me to 2,000. But if you DO decide to continue being a maniac and get the 221, we will end up with the same miles for the year... assuming I hit my goal.
    120miles? You've SOOO got this, as more time passes since your big race your runs are becoming longer & more consistent. You'll continue to improve as the month goes on. I can't wait to cheer for your 1,800 mile! Now where did I stash my pompoms...

_Date___ Miles
    Dec 1 ___7.1am+6.4pm
    ____ Total ____ 13.5

exercise.png