December Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mommyscott6
    mommyscott6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in for 25 miles to begin. I am sure that I do this and more, but I don't want to psyche myself out for the first time.
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Did 2.25 this morning; not that far but I am pleased with my time:

exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 3.1 miles in the Galaxy of Lights 5K (32:17)

Total: 3.1 miles out of 100

Now sure if I'll be running the rest of the week, I hurt something last week at Turkey Trot in my right leg/hip/knee and last night at Galaxy of Lights I was crying by mile 2.5. My whole leg was numb and my hip and knee are really sore so I'm going to rest for now. :frowning:

exercise.png

Oh and I need to brag on my 14 year old daughter who finished 36 out of 1,000 runners and won her age group with a 23:49 time last night. :star:

Wow, congarts! Im sure you are a proud mommy :) Sorry to hear about your injury, hopefully it will heal fast!
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1/12- 8km
    2/12-6km

14km/185km
    171km to go.
  • runningforicecream
    Options
    I was hoping for a longer run but the the front of my ankles (what is it called?) hurt on both sides. Not sure why.

2/12 - 3.2 miles.

3.2miles/160 miles.
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    12/1 – 7.40 miles (5x1 intervals)
    12/2 – 3.52 miles (3 slow with 20 sec. sprints plus strong lifts)

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for a longer run but the the front of my ankles (what is it called?) hurt on both sides. Not sure why.

2/12 - 3.2 miles.

3.2miles/160 miles.

Are you referring to your shins?

Shins and ankles can hurt for many reasons. Muscle and joint adaptions to pounding on hard surfaces, tightness, over-use injury, wrong or worn out running shoes, or maybe your shoes are not tied/laced up correctly.

See if this video (yoga for shins and ankles) help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I

If not, try looking into the other items I discussed. If it is a sharp pain, go see your doctor.

• vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm in for 40 miles. Hopefully this will keep me on track for my half marathon training.

exercise.png
  • runningforicecream
    runningforicecream Posts: 89
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

2/12 - 3.2 miles.

3.2miles/160 miles.

Are you referring to your shins?

Shins and ankles can hurt for many reasons. Muscle and joint adaptions to pounding on hard surfaces, tightness, over-use injury, wrong or worn out running shoes, or maybe your shoes are not tied/laced up correctly.

See if this video (yoga for shins and ankles) help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I

If not, try looking into the other items I discussed. If it is a sharp pain, go see your doctor.

It's lower than the shins, I think. The pain is at where the tongues of the shoes are (or rather where they end). Funny thing is that I have been running in these shoes for awhile and I don't unlace them after each use and usually just slip in. No problem whatsoever. The pain isn't sharp, though, but I am still going to ice them.

Thanks for the video, I am going to check them out.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ran 4 this morning in the pouring rain! Thank goodness for awesome running friends.

I also figured out that I really need a new rain jacket to run in. I came home drenched and freezing. We haven't had much rain in the last few years however we have gotten some great storms this last month. So I told my husband that I would send him links to a few "ideas" of jackets for Christmas. B)
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay Nova Scotia weather is killing me. Yesterday during my hike it was 14 degrees Celsius and today during my 5.5k run it was -14. Which is 6.8 F.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Remus42 wrote: »
    Okay Nova Scotia weather is killing me. Yesterday during my hike it was 14 degrees Celsius and today during my 5.5k run it was -14. Which is 6.8 F.
    That will toughen you up in a hurry....
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Okay I would like to be in on this. It is my first time ever doing a challenge, so I am a newbie :). I think I am going to start with 60 miles.

I have already done 2 miles as of yesterday. I will now figure out how to do this ticker thing.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    12/1 2 miles

exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wish I could figure out how to get a ticker to down load onto my page.

12/1 3.3 miles as part of personal training session.

Running my first half marathon this coming sunday, getting cold feet really don't want to do it now. Rode around the course on my bike today hoping that would get me excited and enthusiastic about Sunday but it didn't work. OMG why did I enter.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @LoneWolfRunner. Yeah it will or make ya crazy....good thing Canadians are made of tough stuff. And have the right gear for these rapid temperature shifts. :wink:
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Running my first half marathon this coming sunday, getting cold feet really don't want to do it now. Rode around the course on my bike today hoping that would get me excited and enthusiastic about Sunday but it didn't work. OMG why did I enter.

It's not unusual to feel this way.... but once you get there and the race starts you will have a great deal of fun. After about three miles you will notice several people running your same pace... I know I will never win a race so I kick back and have fun and find someone to run with and talk to... miles melt away and before you know it, you will have your first HM medal.... and before you get back to your car, you will be looking to sign up for another one.

• LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Remus42 wrote: »
    @LoneWolfRunner. Yeah it will or make ya crazy....good thing Canadians are made of tough stuff. And have the right gear for these rapid temperature shifts. :wink:
    Yep... tough and mildly crazy.... I am not sure why (because I hate winter and want to live in the Caribbean), but I love running in the winter and the harsher the better....

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks LoneWolfRunner, I Hope your right. I think the person I'll be talking to all the way around will be the sweeper.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Thanks LoneWolfRunner, I Hope your right. I think the person I'll be talking to all the way around will be the sweeper.
    No shame in that... I tried my first 50 mile ultra this fall and ran my last seven miles of the trail with sweeper... sadly, I missed the cutoff time at the mile 38 aid station and the sweeper would not permit me to finish. Eating a DNF is NOT tasty.