jane
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Saturday and done JJ's cardio dance, had breakfast and JJ's Circuit B soon. Walk this afternoon (argh the rain) 447 cals.
    Making a chicken, veg and orange thing in crock-pot to have with dinner tonight + rice = 542. Total food cals = 2118 (but that includes the 5 chocs treat tonight.)
    Rained ALL day Friday but still got a walk in. Rubbed Mildred Beagle down when we got home. She decided to run to see toxic neighbour but all well there. She is same age as me "has a bad back!!!!" and is selling VW campervan !!!
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well got a call from the GP, will have to wait and see what the kidney Dr says, but the radiologist didnt see anything but cysts... well gee no kidding..no swelling, the Dr said well maybe we should try PT, really? No ,I dont need PT, I need relief from kidney pain, I will see how it is on vacation. maybe it is the way I am standingor sitting at work.. who knows
    Saw my DFIL today who was actually able to look at me, and I asked him who I was and he whispered the maid... and I asked him who am I married to and he put up 2 fingers, for his number 2 son...so there is a glimmer of hope..
    a week from Tomorrow we leave for Florida~ YEA
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Carol: thinking of you; keep breathing.

Rita: ditto!

Jane: yay on the water!

Allison: drive safely!

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: Congratulations on the good moment with your DFIL. Good luck with the health issue. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :D Cheryl, our poodles are small for standards (38 and 50 pounds) and my hubby can get Sasha, the smaller one on his lap in the recliner and Brandy on top of him when he lies down on the couch. Your beautiful dog looks so happy snuggling with you.

This is Sasha with Bernie, the cat

exm09tvc5rjm.jpg

This is Brandy with Shilo, our Golden Retriever who died about a year after we got Brandy

8cqv4nne6yq1.jpg

I keep some statistics about my exercise each day:

Today:
    *walking one dog at a time---35 minutes
    *walking both dogs together--110 minutes
    *walking by myself in the morning--35 minutes
    *teaching line dance--- 120 minutes
    *riding the recumbent bike while knitting and watching TV---94 minutes

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    TGIF friends!
    Rori - love the picture of Mars! How did you get him to accept walking on the leash? My cat Shirley has always been indoors. She is so timid I don't think she would go for an outside adventure.

Pip - Loved seeing Bootz with the doggies. Looks like a very contented kitty!

Meg - I haven't been following Nebraska football much but I know how y'all value your team. I graduated from Kansas State in 1970 when you all were in your hay day. Actually, until recently you were always beating up on the Wildcats! Sorry for your disappointing coach.

Joyce - I love the song "Breath of Heaven"! - one of my favorites! I would love to hear you sing it.

Sylvia - Your health comes first! I LOVE YOUR JOKES!

Margaret - I am a retired elementary teacher. Considered subbing but - not for me right now. How do you like being a sub? One thing about it - you do what you can, get to teach a bit, and go home at the end of the day without the "political" stresses.

Beth - 3.5 lbs! Wow, great effort!

Cheryl - Keep working. You'll get down into the lower "decade" soon (the 170;s). I just broke through a slow spell and saw a lower one myself last Monday.

Katla - My mom's mincemeat was apples, rasins, spices (lots) and gooey sweet sticky filling to keep it all together. I don't think she had any suet or meat in it. I just grew to love it and only had it at holiday time. I think I can smell it baking now.........
    I know it is hard to scale back on decorations you love to do. Sounds like what you have done will bring you joy this year. I haven't decorated for the last 2 years. This year I am putting up a little table top tree and my snowmen stuff. Maybe next year I will go all out again.

Alison - Where do you go in Florida? How long do you stay?

Michele and Sassy - About the study group:
    We have studied all kinds of topics - historical topics (Vikings, Celts, etc), European Art, The History of Cultural Cuisine, and others that are lighter like - On Being Human, and one on what emotions colors prompt and promote. When it is time to chose a new topic we just look through the catalogs and settle on one that interests us. The topics usually have a study guide to prompt discussion but we don't take ourselves too seriously. No studying, note taking, or tests! It is something I look forward to every week. When I was still teaching I found it such an escape from the stress of my job.

Well, haven't I rambled! I guess it is time to put up the laptop and let the cat in my lap. Everyone have a great evening and Saturday.
    Toni in rainy Tennessee

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of Jillian Michael's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some of the challenges that I found in another group.

Today for some reason I was thinking it was Saturday. Something like that usually doesn't happen to me. Anyway, I weighed in as usual for Saturday and was not upset at all. So...I started the baking for Christmas. Also, we're going to have an open house for all the bowlers next Sunday so I'll use these cookies then also.

Started out the day by making these sweet potato muffins for a friend of Jess' who is graduating Dec. 15, then made chocolate chip cookies, now I'm making M&M cookies. Also iced Vince's birthday cake

Loki had another seizure this a.m. Right as he was having it, the plumber came so I had to answer the door (why Vince couldn't I don't know, he knew Loki was having the seizure.). So we're to take Loki to the vet at 3 today. Maybe the phenobarbitol isn't working any more, who knows? Alls I know is that they're coming too often.

Oh, people commented on my putting my stats down. I like to change things up. I remember when I was taking courses in sports medicine, one of the things they talked at great length about was the FITT rule, you should change up the Frequency, Intensity, Time and Type of exercise that you do. So that's what I do. I admit, I have trouble sometimes changing the frequency (that's what happens when you're addicted to exercise) and the time. I usually go for an hour, so if the DVD is 45 minutes long, that helps me

Joyce - have fun at the ballet. Let us know what you think

Sylvia - PLEASE take care of yourself, PLEASE

Rori - I don't think any of our kitties would tolerate being on a leash....:)

Sylvia - put hydrogen peroxide on your underwear. It will bubble up, you may have to rub the spot a bit, but it WILL take the blood stain out. Depending on how much blood there is in any given spot, you may have to give it more than one treatment. But hydrogen peroxide DOES take it out.

Jan - sending good thought that the horse works out for your daughter

Robin - I'm so so happy for you that you're feeling better now.

Alison - my MIL had sundowner, too. When I would go to see her in the nursing home in the morning, she was as pleasant as could be. When Vince went to see her after he got off work, just like Terri's Grandpa, she was very very cranky. Try visiting your FIL at different times of the day, if that's possible. See if there's any difference.

Today is going to be a bad day calorie-wise. I'm going to log everything, but it won't be pretty. During dinner I made a banana chocolate cake for Christmas, now I'm making confetti cake batter cookies. To be honest, in one sense I really didn't feel like it, I knew that I would sample and I just didn't feel like it. But on the other hand, just get it over with. So that's what I'm going with. Plus, we can't work outside today since it rained this a.m. so I'm doing baking. Supposed to rain tomorrow and I think we'll go thru all our Christmas things and get out the linens, etc.

terri - is Sunday your birthday? If so, happy birthday!

Carol - prayers for you and your daughter

pipcd - I bet Rocky and Bullwinkle looked real cute in their outfits. How wonderful that you now run it. That's such a shame that dogs can no longer walk/run in it.

Took Loki to the vet. He drew blood to test the phenobarb level since it hadn't been tested since August. He honestly didn't think there was THAT much of a decrease. He said what usually is done is another drug is added along with the phenobarb. He's putting in a call to the neurologist at the Emergency Vet care to see what drug they think would be best so we shall know in a few days what direction we're going to go in.

Toni - when we had Sassy cat, the minute he would go in the garage (even if we were holding him) he got very nervous and wanted to go back in the house

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,559 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Ride home to gym- 13.19 minutes 13.4 average miles per hour, 3miles
    jog- 26.55minutes, 8.41ap (average pace), 6.4-10.0speed, 5k or 3.1 miles
    rowing machine- 10 minutes, 2476 meters, 150aw (average watts / power)
    ride gym to tacoma dome train station- 5.42 minutes 15.1 average miles per hour 1.4 miles
    ride tacoma dome train station to home- 17.08 minutes, 9.3amph, 2.7miles
  • pipcd34
    Options
    sb967zw5iy5k.jpg
    here's when they were at the jewelery store w/us
  • pipcd34
    Options
    78ptf4lufxsg.jpg
    another pose

• pipcd34
    Options
    eaadwym424j4.jpg

floyds 1st christmas
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

Enjoying the Bruce Springsteen tribute on PBS as I type.
    Well, DD did not make it up on the little mare's back. The older man who has been working with her is one of those "natural" trainers which I think means he tries to get the horse to think everything is her idea; he already had four sessions with her and told DD that he thought she was ready for a person bareback on her. My impression is that this is going to be slower than snail's pace from what I saw today. The background is that she was purchased only half trained by a family with a teen age girl who was supposed to work with another trainer to "finish" her. Well, the "trainer" part of that never happened and the girl tried to bully the horse to do what she wanted.......the family eventually realized they were in over their heads and defaulted on board enough months that my friend (the stable owner) took possession. So......the horse is scared to death (of everything!!), lost any training she had, and hasn't been ridden for over 6months. I think she's 5 years old. In three hours DD and trainer finally got to the point where he would hold the line and DD could kneel (not stand, the horse would freak) on the top of the mounting block and kind of lean on her back........this was after she danced away from it about a million times, no joke. At the beginning she gave one impressive buck aiming rear hooves at DD when DD had the line and tried a really hard bite on the trainer; she got his vest, not him, thankfully. I heard the snap of her jaws closing from across the arena. So, I have about a hundred new gray hairs. They finally put her in a field and DD saddled and rode a beautiful massive retired police horse, one of my favorites, he's a sweetie.

Margaret......Funny you mentioned police today.......one of ours got shot this am near me on the road right between my home and the way to the stable. It's a very dangerous, too often thankless job. Two of the three who shot at him are still on the run......caused school lockdowns, etc. I also agree that the media incited a lot of the recent trouble.

Robin.......I'm glad you are feeling better and hope it continues. I bet the dogs love their heater!!

Carol.........May your DD get all the inpatient help she needs.....(((HUGS))) to you both;please keep us posted.

patceoh.......Sorry you are still having problems posting.

Katla........How did your riding lesson go? Thanks for the cross country prayers.

Cheryl.........Love your "lap" dog!!!!

Vicki.........Christmas cards........haven't got there yet.........

Barbie.......Sasha and Bernie look so comfortable!

G'nite everybody,
    yanniejannie

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Gotta add.........Oh, pip, those dogs are so cute!!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Gotta add.........Oh, pip, those dogs are so cute!!!!
    Thx

• sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Beth... Congrats on the 3.5 lb loss! YaY You!! Well done!

Michele... What a fabulous acronym FITT, I have never heard of this before, and now I will never forget it! Thank you. :) I'm so sorry about loki. I do hope they find him some help soon.

Heather... I love to decorate, refurbish, renovate. We have another year before we go looking for our "forever" home. I always keep my eyes and ears open for color schemes and yours sounds lovely.

Sylvia... I'm thrilled to hear about all the help you will have with the heavy stuffs. Great planning on the snacks and walks. :)

Yannie... It has been so gloomy and grey here for months now it seems. grrrrrrrr I am solar powered. We had a touch of it Thursday morning but by 10am it was once again over-cast.

Pip... I love how you and your husband make a romantic weekend out of the Jinglebell Run! Thats beautiful, going back to the first place you met. Alex and I are looking forward to more active weekend get-a-ways soon too. We've put on a few pounds from being so sedentary due to the surgeries on my feet. Anywhere with him is romantic because he is the King of thoughtful gestures. Though going back to where we first met is a joke, we met online...lol OMG, I need those puppy Christmas outfits!!!

Toni...You have definitely got me to thinking about starting one of these study groups. I love it! I am thinking monthly with the family. My kids are getting older as is hubbys older brothers kids. What a great way to stay in together, in touch. My husband Alex and his brothers have fond memories of sitting around listening to their Grandfather, Uncles, and friends all at the kitchen table debating wolrd politics and local. They really miss these. Maybe this is just the thing to re-start this gentle-manly tradition again ;)

Katlas... waves hi!

Barbie.... dohhhhhhhhhhhp your pooches and kitty are so cute! I really thank you for posting your stats too! Until I am off these crutches I really do live vicariously through all of you movers and groovers. Walking is my passion and you do so many. I love it! At one time some were posting their steps too. I miss those because its something I aspire too. I have the JawboneUP24 wrist bracelet that counts mine ( and a few other nifties too ) on non physio days I am anywhere from 500-800. On physio days I can get up to 1200 and some change! Okay, fine that was a 1 off but... I dream of days where 10,000 is passed on by without a thought. :)

Meg... What a great way to look at this season of hustle n bustle. As a time to reflect. I have to admit putting up my tree is a little bitter sweet for me. Every year my children and I would make an ornament for the tree while they were growing up. Add the cutsie school-made ornaments/wreaths/decorations that our tree has become so personalized. Every little memory stored and cherished. Getting all sentimental typing this...lol I miss my babies!! lol But having read that, "A time to reflect" you have given me such a great idea! For the longest time I just wanted to do a simple pretty tree but mommy guilt would not let me. What would I do with all these precious cherished memories? How horrible of me NOT to bring them out. Especially since children put the magic into Christmas. So thanks to you and that lil tid bit of wisdom I've decided ( just now as I am typing ;) ) to make little Christmas corners. I have 3 children and each will have their own display. :)I am so thrilled with this idea!! Plus I will get to make my pretty simple tree. Thank you for the epiphany!!

Carol... prayers for your daughter.

Robin... Sending you warm hugs I feel your pain. I believe it is harder when we have lost a loved one on a holiday. My children are gone this year too. I wont even get to see my brand new grandson on his first Christmas. big hugs..big big BIG hugs.

Cheryl... Boy can i commiserate I have to lose 66 lbs just to get Back to my starting weight on this site. lol What a fabulous shot of you and your ... teacup ;) ... poodle. lol

Vicki... Christmas dance pageants!! I think I'm jelly!! lol Please post a pic of your adorable GD's in their Christmas dance regalia...please. :)

Rita... YaY you!! Sometimes THAT's all we can do is keep on keepin on. Fake it till you make it love! I believe in you. :)

thrilled evey one is loving my quotes may make that my niche here ;) lol

Christmas shows, outings, I so enjoy hearing about your lives. we have family coming on Sunday for an early Christmas because the in laws will be leaving for isreal soon to return after the new year. This month we will meet a few friends at varying Christkindl markts Salzburg, Garston, Vienna, and of course Steyr. We've also booked our long weekend in Vienna for New Years called Silvesters here.

Sharing a couple of Austrian Christmas ( Weihnachsten ). First off Christmas begins here early by Dec 1st all Weihanchmarkt or Christkindelmarkt are open and running. These are generally held in the town square and adjacent pedestrian zones, the market sells food, drink, and seasonal items from open-air stalls, accompanied by traditional singing and dancing.

Dec. 5th is Krampusnacht Krampus comes the night before St. Nicholas ( the 6th ) Krampus a strange and frightening creature, really an anti-St. Nicholas, who comes to warn and punish naughty children (and adults). Frequently seen with St. Nicholas. this devil figure, often in chains, is dressed in fur with a scary devil mask with horns and a long red tongue. Krampus carries a wooden stick or switches to threaten children who misbehave or do not know their lessons. Many towns and cities have Krampus parades with many young men in elaborate fur costumes and devil masks. After the parade the Krampus figures scatter and beat anyone who gets in their way. It is very frightening..

Dec. 6th is St. Nicholas day. St. Nicholas, the special children's saint, is honored throughout Austria. It is said that God rewarded Nicholas' generosity by allowing him to return to earth each year to bring gifts to all the good children. St. Nicholas comes on his feast day, a special holiday apart from Christmas. When children promise to be good and study hard, St. Nicholas rewards them with a treat. Children leave shoes for St. Nicholas on the windowsill or outside their bedroom doors. In the morning they find the good saint has filled good children's shoes with oranges, apples, nuts, sweets, and small toys. Of course, all the children are good.

The children here don't write to Santa Claus/ St. Nicholas they write to the Christkind ( Christ child ) who is the bearer of all gifts. I happen to live 5 minutes away from Christkindl Steyr... and every year for 6 weeks the post office is opened to receive the letters from children all over the Germanic speaking provinces. Every child who writes receives a letter in return. I love this city at Christmas time!!

Well thats enough from me. Leaving you with the obligatory ( cuz pips did ) cute holiday puppy pic. That was me as a red head, back to my natural color blonde again. Though the red really made my eyes PoP. lol
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Somehow that picture was plopped right into the middle of my post... hmmmm odd. ;) so here it is, plus one of my favorites of him and i! vxaxzgcyci2n.jpg
    et3xcwi4l5yg.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    caught up on reading - and wishing all well...
    - My mom is visiting for the weekend, we are doing a weekend of baking we do a ton of cookies and then give them away for gifts; last year we did 183 dozen and we should do about the same this year...
    - I have to get some sleep...
    - more tomorrow.

Kim in N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Seeing daughter and family for ballet. Was a very wet and extremely foggy drive down there. But it sure was well worth it. The time to travel wasn't as much as we thought since we didn't find the amount of construction stops as our daughter had coming up here just a week ago. So we got there right as Ellie was getting out of school. Of course my sister wanted to see the house. Their upstairs which is all bedroom and bath is one super mess. I didn't teach her immaculate house cleaning but I sure taught her better than that. They sure need a yard sale. Or maybe a bon fire!!! There is so much potential. The kids say they have no room in their rooms. Well if you cleaned your room you would find a floor. My son in law is just as much as a procrastinator as I am and if the TV or a laptop is open he forgets any responsibility he has, like getting leotards on and hair up in a bun so Mom can do the make up when she gets off work. Yep, none was done. I usually see her in her own leotard so this pretty blue one was different. She said she would get the rest of the costume once she had to the concert hall. So that was what I was looking for. We had the written program so I knew which act the stars were supposed to come out. But I didn't see any pretty blue leotards. All of a sudden a dance is over with the newest group that had come out and in front of me is this beautiful costumed girl that likes like my Ellie. I am used to the typical church Christmas story with a pretty dress on and a tin foil star on their heads. These costumes are gorgeous, silvery glittery little tutus, beautiful silver leaf in their hair and silver bands on their arms. Yes, my grand daughter has finished her dance and I didn't even know it was her. Well I'm not used to my sweet girl wearing mascara, eye liner blush and lipstick on. I felt terrible. So when it was finished and and the whole cast came back on stage group by group, I got to really see her and hopefully got pictures of her. But since she was in a beginning class there were many other kids coming in and were in front of her. The youngest members were from the introduction to ballet. They were the barnyard animals. I really hadn't thought of a chicken, pig and puppy as barn yard animal but the Bible doesn't say there weren't there. The older dancers were the older teenagers and instructors who teach the begining classes and and are also in the advanced classes. So when they released them all the parents and family went up and got to take individual pictures. I took them all with my Ipad so I hope I can put them on here from my iPad. I wish I could have stayed the night so I could see tomorrows performance also but that would me back late and no rest for Sunday. I am jealous. My daughter and other grand daughter are going tomorrow. She and her acapella choir was in some Christmas calorling through Historic Lexington tonight.

Torry, you would not want to hear ME sing Breath Of Heaven Sunday. I am an alto and just the alto part by itself is not pretty. But all combined with the other 3 parts plus the beautiful pianist and organist makes for a wonderful song. Plus a choir director is a stickler for dynamics in a song. It's not like these pop stars that know one level of voice to sing. They scream out their music. But it was a wonderful, wet, soggy, foggy day. I'll try to pot a picture tomorrow

Loving the dogs and expecially the dog and cat and the 3 Christmas dogs.

Joyce, Indiana