WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    In this picture, my sweet husband is sitting behind the counter. That glass case is filled with pinch pots made by my friend who has pancreatic cancer. He was the main one who wanted me to do the show, and it may be his last.

j0o50c5ktni3.jpg

• mollywhippet
    edited December 2014
    Options
    One more shot of the front gallery.
    q8un32l38k7r.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    To Molly- woah
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Off to go drop off the kids at aunti Numia, then the gym, then spend the day/night in sea-bootle! aka seattle
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Thank you for the warm welcome!
    I too have been super busy lately, my DH always over books us at this time of year.
    With visiting, shopping, musicals, family get-togethers etc. Plus, I work full time, and have Christmas and Holiday programming for our kids and teens - I'm a children's librarian - so I am just frazzled by the 25th! I always say "Next year I'm not doing anything! :neutral_face: " but I get carried away by the festive spirit, and start responding YES to all invites! sheesh! LOL, I have such a miserable existence! ... Just kidding! ;)

Ok, I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, I saw someone asked that. And I count calories. because, I like to eat cookies at Christmas. My mom was German and my dad is a Swede, so Cookies are like a huge tradition in my family at Christmas! I literally make at least a dozen different kinds of cookies to share with friends and fam. Plus, Stollen ( a German fruit bread), traditional fruit cake, and candies! Portion control is my mantra! And hula hooping and Dancing... BarbieCat.. I love to dance!
    I am very thankful that I am able to still hoop and dance. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up, my knee may not co-operate!

Oh and along with my calorie counting, I eat 1500 calories, 6x a day, to keep my metabolism burning, and I am not as hungry in between meals, so I'm not driven to wolf down my food at meals like I used to do. I'm hoping that I'll be able to maintain my weight loss - 37 pounds - and continue to slowly lose 25 more to get to my goal!

God bless everyone! And Happy Holidays to us all! :)

Heidi from sunny but chilly - Tampa Florida
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Molly - your shop is beautiful! I'd love to go shopping there!
  • mollywhippet
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh, I almost forgot to post this pic from this morning. I'm officially in the 170's!!!!!!!!!!
    szv1pwlp5gbi.jpg

45477098.png
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, the gallery is fantabulous and I'm so happy for you in the 170's!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sylvia smiley-happy110.gif
    Love the display.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Margaret, do you mean the display of my pottery or the display on the scale? Either way, it works. Thanks!

Sylvia
  • ElainePelletier
    Options
    That's great! Getting to the 170's is a milestone to celebrate for sure!
  • ElainePelletier
    Options
    How do I get my ticker to show up in my posts? I thought I configured it in my settings already. But it doesn't seem to be working.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    How do I get my ticker to show up in my posts? I thought I configured it in my settings already. But it doesn't seem to be working.

:cry: You can't get the ticker to show up automatically. You have to add it each time. I keep the code in a document on my computer that I use to compose my reply and then it shows up as part of the reply.

:mrgreen: Sylvia, your shop and your pottery are even more beautiful than I imagined....congrats on the scale display....I so admire how you have stuck to your plan even with all the health, stress, and family bumps in your road.

:smile: Heidi, I used to teach first grade in public school and was always exhausted by all the required holiday events....every day I put walking and dancing on my gratitude list because I never want to take it for granted.

:smile: Heather, my doctors have talked to me about the dangers of being underweight...you explained it so clearly.

smiley-bounce013.gifJake has gone for a boat ride with friends this afternoon and I am enjoying having the house to myself for awhile.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2014 is “mindful”
    146200.png

• Gaille64
    Gaille64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Gaille from Edmonton, Alberta
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    a quick hello we have stopped for the night.. left the house at 3:15 this morning and just stopped short of 5 pm.
    Did I say I hate long car trips... we at the proverbial South Of The Border, Now anyone who has driven 95 either way knows Pedro and the tacky place...
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi, everyone,

Small race went well. A woman I have known for years was director and had chocolate for all the volunteers........mine came home with me and went to DD.....for the most part. Met up with other friends (the yoga group) for breakfast, then took some soup to Gin's DH, and home for nap (3:20am is just too early for me). Must shower and get all dressy and go to Nutcracker Ballet tonight with DD; would rather just stay home at this point. Not looking forward to being sooooo bored and paying for the privilege; how many times can I see this????? But, I'll have my choice on Monday at the jazzy concert, so I'll suck it up for tonight.

Sylvia.........First: glad to hear it's not Ebola (!!!) : O !! Am extremely impressed with your shop and absolutely exquisite pottery!!! Gorgeous! And the weight loss milestone too!!!! Congratulations!!! LOL on the cameraman and your friends (they sound like real keepers, BTW!!!)!!!!

Heather.......I'm sorry to hear of the end of your DH's tradition with the other man (rat or not). It's still going to be a loss for him. Maybe he will find another person who follows his team to attend games with.
    I was wishng for your blackout blinds when I was awake in the early am last night!
    My DD has a necrotic bone in her foot; they have no idea what caused it; drs. only found one other case in a child. It's another one of the myriad number of reasons why I'm so basically against this horse obsession; if a horse steps on her foot and breaks it, there will be no healing (dead bone!!!) and she may well end up crippled. But of course I get nowhere with such reasoning because, at 22, we all know we are immortal and bulletproof.

I have unofficially done WW; all the points calculations etc. can be found with a little sleuthing on the web. It worked, but this is much better IMO. And, as sommeone said---there are NO free foods!!!!

Off to shower.

Hi to everyone else and welcome newbies!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday here and Day 1 week 4 of Jeannette's Challenge. Today is my Rest and Re-feed day, SHE insists. Stan made bacon, eggs, tomato and hash browns and I LOVED it. Dinner is a pork roast dinner. Cals at 2043, all good.
    We are going for a drive out and walk the doggy.
    Scales GOOD this morning and back to weight I was last Monday. Had put on 2lbs during the week and hoping was LBM, will see tomorrow when I weigh/tape/BF%
    I bought a new diary this week, is a BIG one with a day to page. Need to write lots during the challenge and small diary is NOT cutting it
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.Busy making Christmas cookies.My tradition of 30+ years.Didn`t eat a one.
    + HUGS
    + jane
  • mollywhippet
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'm just learning to use Facebook and was poking around in it and came across this picture:
    ujzveop4tml1.jpg

The saddest part was this was taken about a year before I started I lose weight, and I got much bigger than that. This is just devastating!

This picture was taken at about 200 pounds, so I'm down another 20 from that.
    kczvu8k01b2k.jpg

Crazy or what?! Can you tell a difference?

Why is my face not changing?

Sylvia

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Sylvia you look amazing! I can see the change in your face, can you really not see it looking at both those photos? You have worked hard and you look wonderful! Get hubby to take a new pic of you now you're down 20 more pounds!!! Fantastic my friend!!!! BTW love your studio, wish I could have been at your Christmas open house!