Discouraged by trace calories...

Options

Replies

• terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm going home for Christmas and won't have a treadmill there so I will be on a 1200 calorie diet. Could someone possibly show me what I can eat throughout the day that would be equal to 1200 and filling?

Putting all the nutrition issues aside for a serious second...it doesn't appear that you need to lose weight. Are those profile pictures current? What goal are you trying to achieve? What's the end game? Why do you feel like you need to be on a restrictive diet?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about counting calories on Christmas day. It's only 1 day and it should be fun, relaxing and yummy!!
    There are so many healthy recipe books and websites out there. Stick to them until you get a grasp on things.
  • neversummer7
    Options
    The second picture is no longer current, that was taken a year ago and I have gained weight since. Last time I was on the scale I have gained 25 lbs since my lowest weight, but last time I was on the scale was in october, and my husband broke it because I wasn't taking the weight gain too well. I overate like mad on real dinners and breakfasts, 6000 calories worth in a day, having eggs, bacon, donuts, milk, chicken, steaks, sweet potato fries, yogurt, granola, peanuts, i went crazy and my body was aching because i didn't have grease for so long, and it was a lot of food, (mainly high caloric foods). I cook for my husband, I make him homemade pizza, pasta, chicken, on sunday I made him a BLT, I make him steaks, and mashed potatoes (he doesn't like veggies so Im the one who eats the veggies and fruits). Yesterday I made homemade pretzels and fudge for him and his coworkers (feeding the army because he is in the army) lol so I am just trying to learn how to eat normally without overeating. Counting calories keeps me in check and helps me get away from those binges. I saw a nutritionist (an army one) and brought my husband with me for support. We both agreed that she had no idea what she was talking about all she said was just eat and drink milkshakes. I tried to get a referral for one off post but they have no openings. So I have turned to all of you for support because I would like to get some advice on what I am doing wrong and what not. My husband isn't the best model either, because him and his friends go to fast food a lot because I have school or am at work. And when we go dirt biking they always stop by fast food so i bring my bag of carrots, and sometimes bread with sugar-free jam. And as for the bottle of dressing, its not like I am sitting there and drinking the thing lol I use it for dipping carrots and for the salads (i have a lot of salad).
  • neversummer7
    Options
    iwz7u4frxuih.jpg
    This was taken Saturday clearly not underweight lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    iwz7u4frxuih.jpg

Are you sure?
  • neversummer7
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    iwz7u4frxuih.jpg

Are you sure?
    Positive :) I've been told I no longer look thin by many people
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    iwz7u4frxuih.jpg

Are you sure?
    Positive :) I've been told I no longer look thin by many people

People can be dumb. Or they just are relieved that you aren't as thin as before. Are you willing to post your stats? You appear to be underweight to me, and I can't see any reason even if you are at an actual healthy weight to lose any weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    May be they were being nice and didn't want to hurt your feelings.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't need to lose weight, that's for certain.
  • Christine_72
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's hard to tell cos you have a flowy skirt on. But your arms look scary skinny :(
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You certainly should be eating more than 1200 calories, whether you work out or not, that's for sure.

OP, if your health is important to you at all, get some professional help off-base if they can't provide you with what you need.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    May be they were being nice and didn't want to hurt your feelings.

I agree. Or they're the type of people who like skinny frames, with the mindset of "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »

thank you i don't want to be skinny fat haha i just want to look ok :) but if i were to add fats or protein would that slow down my process of weight loss?

No, I eat roughly 1500 to 1600 calories a day and between 50 and 60 grams of fat, sometimes more, and I lose weight steadily. I wouldn't be able to stick to your diet. Fat is not the enemy. I still eat regular bacon, butter, full fat salad dressing and cheese. You can eat all that and still lose weight, plus it will help you feel less hungry. Your diet would leave me starving. You need to find more of a balance, and not avoid certain things like protein or fat.

• Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OP, please try to remember that body fat has many essential functions for people. It's not something that we need to seek and destroy every trace of. We need it, we're supposed to have some. Having some body fat is not a sign of imperfection, it's a sign of being human.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options

iwz7u4frxuih.jpg

Actually, you do look rather skinny. Can you please post your weight and height?

Also, the fact that your husband had to break your scale because you are worried of the weight you gained, when your picture shows that you have a rather skinny figure, does not really speak in your favour.

• neversummer7
    Options
    k9zck51lsi4a.jpg
    Not underweight lol and I'm 5'8 and don't know my weight
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and my goal is 142lbs. Currently I'm 148.
  • Christine_72
    Options
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you don't know your weight, how could you possibly say you're not underweight? You look underweight. You could very possibly underweight. But you wouldn't know that because you're missing some very vital information to that equation.