Discouraged by trace calories...

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    and in case it's not clear, during my stint as a dj, and my time in art school I was lucky enough to view many expressions of the female form. Yours strikes me as far undernourished, and something I would use as a study for that which is not exactly complementary.

I would strongly suggest talking to a doctor, discussed your desire to lose 16 pounds while looking like that.
  • neversummer7
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Maitria wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Damn, girl, your phone almost has wider shoulders than you!

I'm having trouble seeing where 16 pounds is supposed to come from....

lol thats cuz the phone is up close and is a huge phone

and as for the remarks about the arms, the rest of my body isn't underweight

OP, no offense, but ;) I'm going to bow out of this thread. I think debating you about your weight is just fuel for you. I hope at some point you get some help; you have a lot more value than how thin you can get.

:/ its not about thinness, this thread started off as understanding trace calories and how they should be counted, and i am glad that I asked because I had no idea how my diet is and how pathetic it is. Thank you for all of your advice, and I am sorry that this is how the conversations have turned out.

No. The reality is you are looking for help with your diet so that you can lose more weight.

Obviously you don't think you have a problem when you do or this is just an elaborate troll.
    this is no troll i promise, i just don't know my weight and i keep getting picked on for gaining weight (my coworkers keep poking at my face and saying what lovely chubby cheeks they're glad they don't have and poking at my legs and stomach making fun of my weight gain. so i figured i would eat 1500 its nothing extreme

Where do you work? I mean, not specifically, but what type of workplace environment is it? Because in almost every job I can fathom, other than being a dancer (ballet people!) This type of comment would incite a lawsuit not an eating disorder...

I work at a child development center and it is mainly women

And as I said before the rest of the body doe not look very underweight
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You are in strong denial.

Please seek professional help.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, with body dysmorphic disorder the largest impediment to treatment is the reluctance to admit a problem.

I'm bowing out of this thread, too. You've got everyone and their mom telling you you've got a problem but you don't want to hear it. Good luck to you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    And then she started a new thread
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

queenliz99 wrote: »

link?
    with the new forum setup, I'm lost... hate these new forums
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "Confused on what to do with body image based off of last post" is the title from Motivation and Support

I'm no good either:(
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Give me attention! Look at me! Say things about me for a little while!

I'm not gonna snark the girl. People do really weird things when they are trying to deny a problem. And anorexia isn't some frivolous, vain thing, but a deep-seated issue from a severe tangle of intersecting issues.

OP, please please please get some help.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    in now to figure out about second thread.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

link?
    with the new forum setup, I'm lost... hate these new forums

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10031695/confused-on-what-to-do-with-body-image-based-off-of-last-post#latest

• neversummer7
    Options
    The second thread was created for answers on how many calories I should be consuming and I have only gotten one response with numbers and that is 1800
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    The second thread was created for answers on how many calories I should be consuming and I have only gotten one response with numbers and that is 1800
    Because no one can give you an estimate since you don't know your weight.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP keeps running around the weight question because....???? I think inside she knows her weight is off and not on the high side of anything.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Based on this tragic thread, and the tragic one with your underweight photos: SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. You're showing some pretty disordered thinking.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

you know your weight
    my suspicion is you know you are underweight
    please get help beautiful girl .. life can be so much better than this
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Maitria wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Damn, girl, your phone almost has wider shoulders than you!

I'm having trouble seeing where 16 pounds is supposed to come from....

lol thats cuz the phone is up close and is a huge phone

and as for the remarks about the arms, the rest of my body isn't underweight

OP, no offense, but ;) I'm going to bow out of this thread. I think debating you about your weight is just fuel for you. I hope at some point you get some help; you have a lot more value than how thin you can get.

:/ its not about thinness, this thread started off as understanding trace calories and how they should be counted, and i am glad that I asked because I had no idea how my diet is and how pathetic it is. Thank you for all of your advice, and I am sorry that this is how the conversations have turned out.

No. The reality is you are looking for help with your diet so that you can lose more weight.

Obviously you don't think you have a problem when you do or this is just an elaborate troll.
    this is no troll i promise, i just don't know my weight and i keep getting picked on for gaining weight (my coworkers keep poking at my face and saying what lovely chubby cheeks they're glad they don't have and poking at my legs and stomach making fun of my weight gain. so i figured i would eat 1500 its nothing extreme

Where do you work? I mean, not specifically, but what type of workplace environment is it? Because in almost every job I can fathom, other than being a dancer (ballet people!) This type of comment would incite a lawsuit not an eating disorder...

I work at a child development center and it is mainly women

And as I said before the rest of the body doe not look very underweight

have you considered that maybe they were being sarcastic??
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Because no one can give you that answer without knowing your weight. Calories needed are based off what you weigh.

Honestly, I would go talk to someone about this professionally. If this is serious, you're not only seeing a distorted view of your body but also imaging your coworkers picking at your weight. Not only would no coworkers ever do that (unless you're a model where your weight is your job), but even if for some reason they ever did mention your weight, it would be expressing happiness that you're increasing since you're underweight. Both pictures you posted show that you are not where near being fat or near even just average.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP as others have said, I think you have a lot of body image and disordered thoughts about food. You said you are a military wife. Thank you and your husband for your service to our country, by the way. Is your husband currently home, or is he deployed? It sounds like he too has concerns about your health and your attitude about food. Do me a favor - show him this thread. Show him all the concerned comments from people who think that you are underweight, that you need to seek help from a professional. Then make an appointment with a doctor (a psychologist preferably one who specializes in Eating Disorders). If they don't have one on base, do what you need to do to find one who can treat you off base. I appreciate that you are asking for help here, but none of us are qualified to treat you, to give you advice about what you should be eating, etc. You need to see a professional. Pronto.

Good luck.