20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• BJRDmom
    BJRDmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Was my birthday yesterday. Thanks for the bday wishes Belinda and eyegirl777va! I was careful about my choices and ate to maintain for the day. The really cool thing is I got some clothes for my birthday and they were too BIG! Had to exchange them for a size smaller. Looking forward to losing another 5 pounds before Easter to add to the 10 lost so far in this challenge.

Shirley I hope your pipes thaw and hope that there is no damage.
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Connie, your list is stupendous and just another example of how uplifting and supportive this group can be! We should post it at the end of every month to remind us all that the scale does not own us, nor does it define our successes - it is merely a tool in our Craftsman tool box to help us gauge where we want to be. The things on your list are oh so much more important in our long-term success and in making this a positive journey.

Shirley, I just don't know what to say about your homecoming...I know you will make the best of it, and just keep the memories of your marvelous time away in your mind till your water is restored.

Happiest of birthdays, Diane! I hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Faye, congratulations on the weekend workout! What is dragon boating? I'm picturing hunting for Nessie LOL...

Marie, you are our Angel Mama! <3o:)<3

Love to all, and hope your Monday sets the tone for a positive week!

Belinda
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday!! Congrats so far! Wonderful that you had to exchange your bday clothes!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Going on day 2 without water. I don't when the Town will come and fix this. It is making me miserable. I know it could be worse, but not handling it well.

My husband is using our neighbors water through a hose now and when pressurized we can have a shower and do dishes. This is only
    a temporary fix.

Have not gotten on the scales yet, pants are tight this morning. I am going to the hairdresser and get my hair cut and get some groceries. Going to try and make some meals today and track my food.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada (frozen North)
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Connie, your list is stupendous and just another example of how uplifting and supportive this group can be! We should post it at the end of every month to remind us all that the scale does not own us, nor does it define our successes - it is merely a tool in our Craftsman tool box to help us gauge where we want to be. The things on your list are oh so much more important in our long-term success and in making this a positive journey.

Shirley, I just don't know what to say about your homecoming...I know you will make the best of it, and just keep the memories of your marvelous time away in your mind till your water is restored.

Happiest of birthdays, Diane! I hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Faye, congratulations on the weekend workout! What is dragon boating? I'm picturing hunting for Nessie LOL...

Marie, you are our Angel Mama! <3o:)<3

Love to all, and hope your Monday sets the tone for a positive week!

Belinda

Ha ha if only Belinda!!

Dragon boating consists of a team of 10 (I think) plus one drummer and somebody steering....not sure of their technical names???

Anyway you sit in pairs behind each Other and each have a paddle then we have to paddle/row to the drum beat! It's a great upper body work out.

It's an old Chinese river sport I think?? Being British I have a lot more power and strength than the ever so slight Chinese people in Singapore so I have taken to it pretty well!!

Only problem is, is when I come to calculating calories burned as there doesn't seem to be anything close in. MFP??

I have only trained twice so I will keep you posted on how I get on

:-)

Faye

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

Going on day 2 without water. I don't when the Town will come and fix this. It is making me miserable. I know it could be worse, but not handling it well.

My husband is using our neighbors water through a hose now and when pressurized we can have a shower and do dishes. This is only
    a temporary fix.

Have not gotten on the scales yet, pants are tight this morning. I am going to the hairdresser and get my hair cut and get some groceries. Going to try and make some meals today and track my food.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada (frozen North)

I hope the visit to the hairdressers makes you feel better Shirley

Here's hoping it gets fixed today for you!

Faye
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I think of you all as my little angles. Helping me stay motivated to the way of life..A powerful bunch of little angels. We have here. I will always be your momma angels even when I step down and let Connie have this thread I guess she could be your Auntie Angels she was an angel to help us all out every since she join up with us.. I will still be around. as long as my angels need me.posting and keeping an eye on you all. I can't say enough about Belinda , she has been here with her supports . could name a couple dozen of you which has made a tremendous impact on us. My dream is that we remain a thread or a group. a long long time. We will always need each other We will always need MFP too.
    Connie will open the July thread in April for us. welcome Connie
    1646069wgc7p6ygx5.gif[/u

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am concerned about Marie??? She always has a post very early.

Congrats to Sparkle and anyone else who had a loss.

Shirley, I hope you get your water situation working very soon!!! I know it must be very frustrating.

Ready for a new week and expecting to see a lot of good reports.

My weigh in is tomorrow.

Have a great Monday.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Rainy Day here . good sleeping weather. I will be having a late lunch today
    Which is going to be a pizza out of gluten free English muffin.

I had uncontrollable Bowel movement Have had it for a long time so I had to get on gluten free, or no trip for me in April to see my Great grandson.The older I get it has gotten worst.. So its been 3 weeks now and no problems but has kept me from losing. But getting it all figure out now. I just count my gluten free as a carb.per instructions from the author of the !-1-1- plan.So everything is working out fine.It is such a relief to know I can go grocer shopping without worry. Also going Gluten free has help my Kidneys too. My doctor is please with my numbers.Besides I am not eating very much meat. got to be more mindful of what I eat.

MINDFUL EATING
    MARIE
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    BJRDmom wrote: »
    Was my birthday yesterday. Thanks for the bday wishes Belinda and eyegirl777va! I was careful about my choices and ate to maintain for the day. The really cool thing is I got some clothes for my birthday and they were too BIG! Had to exchange them for a size smaller. Looking forward to losing another 5 pounds before Easter to add to the 10 lost so far in this challenge.

Shirley I hope your pipes thaw and hope that there is no damage.

Having clothes that are too big is the best b-day gift ever!! Congrats and happy belated b-day to you!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, I hope everyone has a good week, and have some losses on the scale. We have plenty of time to lose, a few more pounds till this challenge is over. Dont worry if you dont reach your 20 goal, be proud of whatever amount you lost, your heading in the right direction.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I so hope you all be joining us for the July Challenge rather to just maintain or continue on you journey of losing. oR JUST TO CHAT. I Will be one of those continue on my journey to lose.
    WE ARE HERE TO FINISH THE BATTLE

MARIE
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Nice to see everyone in good spirits.

I just returned home from working in the DC area. I really enjoyed being in there. While I was there I was able to drop over 20 lbs (since Dec)! I bought a Fitbit to track my activity and did a lot of reading on getting healthy. So far it has paid off. I just hope that I am able to continue to loose weight while I'm home.

Yesterday, my sister and I worked out together at the gym. We attended a bootcamp class. It was a very good workout and our plan is to meet all this week at the gym (directly from work). She is motivated by my success so far. I have been gone for 4months and I'm pleasantly surprised that she and my coworkers even noticed! I thought it wasn't noticeable at all.

I have 30 more lbs to loose to get to my goal weight and I think she wants to loose about 50 more. I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal by my birthday in July.

Anyway, even though I came home to snow and ice, its nice to be home!
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome back, Cristina! I am glad you enjoyed your boot camp class at the gym as I know you were looking for something you would like! Also, congrats on your 20 pounds! (*) (*) We hope you will continue with us in our July challenge.

Please share some of that reading with us..we can never have too much knowledge on our quest to be healthy!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Cristina-Congratulations on your 20lb loss, you are doing great. I know you will reach your goal. You are the first to complete our challenge, thats wonderful.
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I so hope you all be joining us for the July Challenge rather to just maintain or continue on you journey of losing. oR JUST TO CHAT. I Will be one of those continue on my journey to lose.
    WE ARE HERE TO FINISH THE BATTLE

MARIE

I will not only be continuing on, but I know I will need a few more challenges...like Thanksgiving/Christmas and NEXT Easter! :) I have to finish the battle, and I want to forge ahead with you loser warriors!!
  • cristina0000
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely be continuing on to the next challenge. My birthday is 7 July, so that challenge is perfect! Most of my reading has been about detoxing, green smoothies and eating healthy.

Things I already knew about just never actually applied for some reason!

The book I started with is: 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ. Smith. Very good book...I did the modified cleanse (2 smoothies a day) and lost 1 pound a day!

I like the green smoothies because it's quick, easy and very filling.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely be continuing on to the next challenge. My birthday is 7 July, so that challenge is perfect! Most of my reading has been about detoxing, green smoothies and eating healthy.

Things I already knew about just never actually applied for some reason!

The book I started with is: 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ. Smith. Very good book...I did the modified cleanse (2 smoothies a day) and lost 1 pound a day!

I like the green smoothies because it's quick, easy and very filling.
    I WANT THAT BOOK Cristina. gonna look it up right now. I want to spring forward
    Marie.

• cristina0000
    Options
    It's a very inexpensive book and does come in the Kindle version. I would definitely recommend it. Worked for me...I've been telling my coworkers about it today. They all noticed my weightloss and wondered what I was doing :wink:
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    SW 266
    Started Challenge at 239
    CW 220
    GW 219
    19 pounds lost.1 pound to go!!!!