20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think we all would Nancy. There was a time in my life that I could lose 2 lbs on a average ever week/ But thats another story and long time a go about 40 years ago
    <3 Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I think we all would Nancy. There was a time in my life that I could lose 2 lbs on a average ever week/ But thats another story and long time a go about 40 years ago
    <3 Marie

Marie, I remember those days too. I could drop 20 pounds in no time and could gain them right back in no time. I think that is what did a number on my metabolism!!!
    Nancy
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Eninad
    " Without logging I'd probably quit." Without logging and paid for personal training, I know I would quit. LOL

Marie..We are about 2.5 hours from Myrtle Beach. High today..104

Lol - I'm with you there!!!
  • eatless83
    Options
    Nancy and Marie I agree!

I am sure too that's what has messed up my metabolism!

I am at a wine tasting event this evening not sure how I will be logging this if I have spit the wine out? Or if I should be drinking it and then logging the sips ;-)

I'm sure I will figure it out..,,

Faye

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Marie...hope you are keeping dry and are safe.
    Faye/Nancy..I so agree. I am in the process of repairing my metabolism. I'm trying to increase up to my maintenance calories to give my body a chance to heal then will cut them to lose fat. It is difficult to eat over 2000 cals a day and do it with healthy food . When I wasn't trying to lose, I had no problem eating that much and more cause I was eating junk..a box of crackers and diet coke along with other stuff was the norm. I have picked up a pound in three weeks, but think it's water because I keep losing it and going back to the same numbers that I started with. Gonna stay with it, though.

Worked with the trainer today but no pool. Trying to change it up some and my body is tired.

Make it a great day, losers! Stay cool!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

sorry I have not posted in a bit. very busy with kids this week and I am just not on track:( hopefully no gaining but will begin again after kids go to camp next week!

nancy, great news!!
    connie, hope you are well!
    ester, welcome back and great news!
    Rachel, hope all is well and you are still moving forward. I am not a cat person but I bet the kittens are so cute!
    marie, congrats on the new computer
    faye, nice to see you!

hope everyone else is well and will be back more regularly next week!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Another hot and humid day!!! Do not enjoy getting out in this kind of weather.
    Marie, I guess you will be having more flooding with this tropical storm coming at you.
    Gotta get moving.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes it's looking like that is happening to us once again lots of traffic problems of accordingly to the news report. I worry about my girls driving in it.to accidents galore this morning

Yes Nancy I need to get moving to since we are in a Bad weather day . It is a good time to get Jerry to help me rearranged my sewing and computer room. He got the grass cut yesterday before we went grocery shopping and the rain hit. been raining off and on ever since. Just hope we do not lose our electricity. <3 marie
  • eatless83
    Options
    Stay safe Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words on my kittens. They are getting cuter by the hour. I was able to get to Feeder's Supply before closing after class last night and pick up a bottle. I wasn't comfortable syringe feeding them because too large of amounts of milk were coming out, and the first night we had the kittens I thought we'd killed one because he got too much milk and went limp for a second. Scared me to death! I think some milk definitely went down the wrong way. :/ We feel much better with the bottle, we just need to increase their feedings now because I don't think they weigh as much as they need to at this point. I really hope they grow up to be healthy, strong cats.
    Yesterday was my first class of the 2nd quarter, and I was given 10 homework assignments for just the one class to complete by next week. And that is before tomorrow and Friday's classes and homework assignments. So far I'm not too impressed with this particular instructor, he knows what he's talking about but is lacking on the teaching part a bit. I came home and had my husband teach me what assignment #1 was about, and he'll need to teach me the material for 7 of the others. I just can't believe he gave us 10 assignments, that's setting a lot of people up for failure. Most people have jobs and I don't see how they're going to complete all that, along with the rest of the week's assignments.
    We saw 3 more houses today, and are hopefully moving forward on one of them. We'll know tomorrow if we can proceed.
    The constant up and down at night for feedings is definitely affecting my endurance in the gym, I had to cut my run short today because I didn't have the energy to go longer. It's ok though, just a few more weeks and the babies will be on fewer feedings and starting on solids. :) I'm really hoping the home buying process goes through, if it does I'm keeping the kittens. <3

I see a few losses on here in the last couple of days, that's awesome! I can't believe we're so close to the 4th, it's crunch time! :)

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    @CALIECAT-I hope the weather hasnt effected you, to much, with all the rain thats suppose to hit. We are going to get the aftermath of the storm this weekend. Stay safe. I am up today, its a never ending cycle for me lately. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Hot, hot, and more hot with 100+ temps again today. I'm so glad my gym time is in the morning because I don't think I would make it otherwise. B)

Ray..you are a wonderful foster mother! Take care of yourself, kiddo, you have a lot going on in your life right now. :)

Hi Stephanie..good to see you.

>:) It's so sad when you cannot feel or be safe in a house of God. How many people will not go to their church service or Bible study this week out of fear?

Make it a great day, losers! Stay cool!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good morning Misfits
    First off I want to share a recipe that was in my e mail this morning

Crispy "Popcorn" Edamame

A poppable snack that makes for a healthier alternative to chips or crackers, but with all the satisfying crunch.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: makes about 2 cups

Ingredients
    ◾one 12oz. bag of frozen shelled edamame
    ◾1 tsp. olive oil
    ◾the juice from half a lemon (about 2 tsp.)
    ◾sprinkle of salt (to taste)

Cooking Directions
    ◾Allow frozen edamame to thaw on the counter or under lukewarm running water.
    ◾In a large bowl, toss edamame with oil and lemon juice.
    ◾Bake at 375F degrees on a foil-lined baking sheet for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
    ◾Sprinkle over salt to taste while edamame are still hot. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

I love that edamame (young soy beans) are found in almost all major grocery stores these days. They are a really tasty snack food that even children love, despite resembling other less yummy green vegetables. This is one Japanese ingredient that has definitely made its way into the mainstream. Maybe someday kids will be snacking on pickled plums instead of candy too. Seriously doubt that one though. I think I have a bag in my freezer so may try it today.

see you guys later this Thursday rainy day.

<3 Marie

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm currently on travel in Madison WI. I didn't think I would like it here but it's a college town by a lake and I absolutely love it!

This class is feeding us well, I really hope I'm not gaining weight. I am getting out for walks and running so I hope I'm burning enough of it off!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    you will do just fine my friend
    marie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I sure hope so!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning,
    My heart aches for the families of the SC AME Emmanuel Church shooting. Praying for the families who lost loved ones due
    to this depraved person actions. So sad that this Precious Pastor, Senator and great leader lost his life along with other members
    just having Bible Study in their church. May God have mercy.
    Nancy

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Good Morning,
    My heart aches for the families of the SC AME Emmanuel Church shooting. Praying for the families who lost loved ones due
    to this depraved person actions. So sad that this Precious Pastor, Senator and great leader lost his life along with other members
    just having Bible Study in their church. May God have mercy.
    Nancy

My sentiments exactly, Nancy. When will the madness end?
    Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie and Nancy- It is very sad, I think people can be so crazy, for the past couple of weeks in downtown Louisville, everyday there is atleast 2 murders, its been on the news about murders being on the rise, here. I hope they can get some control over the problems soon. It just makes you shake your head in disbelief. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    The more I hear about things like that the happier I am to live on an island. Granted there are 14000 people in the area but we know who the weirdos are, where they live and where they work. That can't get away with crap around here because everybody knows everybody. In fact I met a lady on my ferry ride who was moving up here with her hubby. I saw her out at Walmart today. She was talking to a guy I graduated from high school with. I chatted with her for 5 minutes and 6 people I know walked by U.S. She was surprised to see how small town really is.