20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    angawilson wrote: »
    Hello, I would like to join In on your weight loss group. just turned 50 and I want to lose 50 pounds. my Goal is 1 pound a week
    Sw 182.6
    Cw180.2
    Gw 130

I have joined the gym many times, I decided four year ago I was losing weight with out joining the gym. I have done real good with walking. I lost 38 pounds however I gained 18 back. I started back 10 days ago I already feel better and getting excited with the weight lost.
    I know this group is 20 pounds off by Easter, I would love that. but my goal this year is 1 pound a week I'm sure I will have weeks that I lose more than that however I will have weeks that I don't lose. this group may have started before today it is 11 weeks till Easter so I'm going with 11 pounds off, but I sure would take to 20. have a wonderful day

Welcome to this thread . We do have a birthday list for this thread and will post the link at the bottom of this post for you. We are getting this list so we can get to know you better your MFP Name and easy name to called you your given name or nick name A birthday just month and day no year and where you are from.

1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg

we are all here to support each other I have decided to wait till \Barbie can get our Birthday thread revamped to post anymore about it. so be lookin fo a post from her when she gets time She has a busy day today. tho.

Welcome all newcomers
    Marie

1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg

<3

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    willdo4025 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Linda. I'm hoping I can join this group. You all seem so supportive! I'm almost 48 and have been overweight my whole life. I've yo-yo'ed since starting my first diet at 13yrs old. About 2 years ago, I found MFP and it helped so much. Then, about 6 months ago, I fell off. Just stopped caring & came up with so many excuses. I'm trying to get motivated again and this group seems like a great place for that help. I'm over 213 and would really love to get under 199 by Easter. Hearing how other folks get past their weight struggles is so motivating & reminds me I'm not alone. Thank you all so much for sharing.
    You can do this and will have support along the way.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday losers! Weigh-in day for me:

SW. 147
    CW. 142.5 (1/19/15) 1.5 lbs this week!
    GW. 120

This brings me to 4.5 for the challenge~ happy dance! So excited waiting for the baby news. I don't have grandbabies yet so I live vicariously through all my friends LOL. There's nothing more special.

Off to get something accomplished today! Have a GREAT day everyone! Oh, my birthday is June 6

Tami in the Pac NW.... Home to the Super bowl bound Seahawks... Woot Woot!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe, if anyone would like to try it:

- I small head of cabbage, chopped
    - 10-12 cups water (I always just eyeball it to about 2/3rds of my Dutch oven)
    - 1 stalk of celery, chopped
    - 1 large carrot, chopped
    - 1 onion, chopped
    - 2 tsp minced garlic
    - 1 can diced tomatoes
    - 1 can tomato sauce
    - 2 tsp beef stock
    - hot sauce to your taste (I used 2 tsp Cholula Hot Sauce)
    - 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
    - 1 tsp each: basil, marjoram, thyme and celery salt
    - 2 tsp oregano
    Put all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until veggies are soft - 20 to 30 minutes.

I worked out the calorie/carb content based on 10 large bowls of soup to approximate 58 calories and 11.7 carbs.

Hope you enjoy!

Belinda
    Plymouth, Michigan
    [/quote]

I LOVE this recipe too Belinda and it's a staple when I'm focused on weight loss. I have 3~4 versions I cycle through. If you need a little more protein any day I cut up about 4 oz baked chicken to the bottom of the bowl~ you can also substitute kale for the cabbage... Yum!

Tami in the Pac NW
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see all the success folks are experiencing! I am hoping for at least a 1 lb loss this Friday. That would get me out of the 180s. Psychologically, each 10 lb drop means a lot. I hope to get in a walk today, but might not be able to. I will plan to go to the school gym after work tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday to walk for an hour each evening. We'll walk our much longer walks on the weekend if it's clear skies. Have a great week!

Becky in Maryland
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky good to hear from you I am still trying to get out of the 190's just had my walk I am having Akins bar for a snack A liitle too sweet for my taste, But it will tide me over till lunch time
    Take care
    <3 marie
  • top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Easter seems so far away but isn't!! Working hard to stay on track.. will weigh myself tomorrow and tonight will for the first time do measurements as another way of seeing progress. Love reading everyones posts!

Lynda
    Ontario Canada
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Becky good to hear from you I am still trying to get out of the 190's just had my walk I am having Akins bar for a snack A liitle too sweet for my taste, But it will tide me over till lunch time
    Take care
    <3 marie

Marie, I agree about the Atkins bars being quite sweet. Good for you already getting in your walk! We have to go shopping tonight, so I think we'll go to Applebee's for dinner. They have some good low calorie, but tasty, dinner choices.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie have you tried the Power Crunch Protein Bar. I like them much better than Adkins.
    14g protein, 5g sugar and carbs are low. The are listed in MFP foods list. I get them at Kroger and Walmart.
  • jenniferbet11
    jenniferbet11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! After our Monday morning meeting my boss always takes us out to lunch and I usually don't make very healthy decisions. But today, since yesterday kicked off Day 1 for me, I ate a salad with grilled chicken and white balsamic vinaigrette on the side! Feeling very ready to take on this week! Hope everyone has a great day! :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jennifer That is fantastic. Just keep your momenta going you got it by the tail. Whoopee
  • jenniferbet11
    jenniferbet11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Jennifer That is fantastic. Just keep your momenta going you got it by the tail. Whoopee

Thanks so much, Marie! :smiley:
  • GoBrianGo
    GoBrianGo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need the help, too. I want to join this effort. Lots of vegetable stew and fresh salad...and when I lose the 20 pounds I'll be 6 pounds off my target. Bless you all in whatever moves you.
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How do I join the challenge. I so need support. I lost 20 pounds two years ago and put that and 10 more back on. I am so ashamed of myself.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Nancy - Try eating more calories one day and less the next. Kind of like an up and down roller coaster. That will fool the metabolism. It may work. Also when I started here I tried the 1200 calories and found it wasn't enough food for me. Just some suggestions.

WELCOME to the new people. For those who are sticking with it may you have a great week ahead of you.

Today up early to some frost on the roads. It is melting now. I went to my Yoga Class and also stayed for the 10 min meditation. I found my left hip was kind of sore so my concentration wasn't the best. I was in the cross legged position. I am trying to open up my hips from doing some exercises from MFP that was sent to my email.

Marie - I hope that baby comes soon. I also finished my baby blanket for my on the way grandchild in April. I took a picture of it so I will post it.

Enjoy your day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hapyfaces2 wrote: »
    How do I join the challenge. I so need support. I lost 20 pounds two years ago and put that and 10 more back on. I am so ashamed of myself.

hapyface don't be shamed of gain weigh. we all been thru that or we would not be here
    just start eating healthy and exercise and it will come off.
    <3 marie
    1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg

• CALIECAT
    Options
    GoBrianGo wrote: »
    Ok, I need the help, too. I want to join this effort. Lots of vegetable stew and fresh salad...and when I lose the 20 pounds I'll be 6 pounds off my target. Bless you all in whatever moves you.

Go go Brian Go you are so welcome to join us So lets make a stab at losing that 20 pounds
    1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg :D marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Tanks nancy will look for them tomorrow power crunch bars.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To all the others have a Happy Beautiful Day and Eat smart

I don't have the answer to some of you questions But our members are great at helping you out
    Time for my lunch Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Not too happy with my weigh in only lost 1/2 pound. So that is 2 pounds in 2 weeks and I really hoped for more. I had 1200 cal. each day so not sure how I need to adjust!!! Any ideas??? I will press on and will find out today if I can start back walking on treadmill.
    Welcome to new members and good luck on your weight loss journey.
    Nancy
    Madison, Mississippi

Nancy...a pound a week is fantastic! We all want it to be more, but this is a very slow process. Don't let the scale rule override your efforts.
    Connie