20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    eslcity wrote: »
    ok i'll give it a shot... now CW180lbs = GW160lbs (82kg = 73kg)

welcome Eslcity we have a birthday thread list going and need your name or nick name a common name you would like us to called you, your birthday month and date and where you are from.Barbiecat will add you to our list so we can get to know you better and celebrate your birthday with you.
    thanks
    we are glad to have you join our thread/ If you have m just let us know. If you have any problems .
    26845aoofqptms3.gif
    <3 marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers and new people!
    Happy, happy Tuesday!

Today is my weigh day. I am down 1.2 pounds! WhooHoo!!!
    SW: 240
    CW: 231.8 (-8.2 total)
    GW: 220

Exercise at home today..40 minutes walking DVD. I did not get to the grocery store yesterday. After the pool, I was just too tired. So, today is the day. It is supposed to be 70 degrees here, so the dog will get a nice, long walk, and I'm going to make a pot of minestrone soup since it will be colder later in the week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day.
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    eslcity wrote: »
    ok i'll give it a shot... now CW180lbs = GW160lbs (82kg = 73kg)

Welcome to our thread you are very welcome.We do keep a list of Birthdays and need your name, [ Easy one] upur date of birth not year just the month and

where you are from

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/messages/reply/39385427

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie great news. 1 1/2 lb. fantastic your soup sounds good too. need to make a pot of soup too..

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Sparles thanks
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jennifer- Good for you for making good food choices at lunch. One day at a time!!!

Connie thanks for the encouragement. I did feel like I had lost but I let those scales discourage me.

Shirley thanks for your comment. I will try to shake things up a bit. I will try to cut back on carbs too.

Went to Sports Medicine Doctor today for knee issues and he said I had a meniscus problem. Said no treadmill, stairs, squatting, etc. but I can ride a bike and swim. Surely didn't want to hear no treadmill. I can just see this 70y/o in a swim suit at a gym (what a sight that would be)!!!
    Hope your Monday has been good.
    Nancy

Nancy - Yes there good carbs and bad carbs for all of us to watch out for. I am getting in my bathing suite in February so I want to get some more fat off this body too! :p
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning to Vinita from Spain, my first acquaintance of someone from Spain going to be interesting reading her post. I just love meeting people from other countries

linda from north Wales UK linda been with us awhile

Kristy from North east, England,UK

Sopi better know as SparklesSparkle also been a a loyal member for a While.From Dublin, Ireland

We have quite a few from Canada will catch them tomorrow

We are really going international and I just love it.

Welcome folks
    Marie
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! Feel free to add me. Current weight 217 goal weight 175
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Spin is such a challenge I give you so much credit!!

Haha thank you! Spin is really challenging but it 's a lot of fun as well! It makes me work out much harder than I would if I was just running on my own because the trainer really pushes you!

Today and my boyfriend and my 7th year together so we're going to go to the cinema so no workout today. I must make sure to bring some diet friendly (and budget friendly) snacks to the cinema with me!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! =)

Congrats on 7 years!

I've always wanted to try a spin class, but it looks super intimidating!

Today I'm at home with s sick child. Hopefully I can get a T25 video when she takes a nap.

Have a great day everyone!

-Alicia in Arkansas
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Alice & Marie - Congratulations on the new family member !!

Today is another cloudy day but I will be doing some cleaning so it won't matter to me. Some sun
    would be nice.

I read all posts and everyone is on the same page, LOSING WEIGHT! Hooray, we can support one another and get to our 2015 goal.

I started purging some of my recipes and starting a new binder on healthy meals and snacks for my everyday use. I am also starting another binder on recipes for company and parties.
    It will take me a while but its good winter project.

I weighed this morning, and I am where I was before the Christmas holidays. Now to get down
    where I was last summer which was my lowest. A work in progress.

MsPirateLady - Just wanted to mention that I too had plantar F. and I had cortisones shots
    to stop some pain. I finally started taking Omega 3 supplements and the pain went away.
    I have had no problem since. I had pain for a couple of years. Just a suggestion I don't know if it was just getting better but it totally went away.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Arkie_Ali wrote: »

Congrats on 7 years!

I've always wanted to try a spin class, but it looks super intimidating!

Today I'm at home with s sick child. Hopefully I can get a T25 video when she takes a nap.

Have a great day everyone!

-Alicia in Arkansas

Thank you =)

If you get a chance I would highly recommend them. Although they're tough you can also go a bit easier in the classes if you explain to the trainer at the start you're a beginner. The trainer will show you how to use the machine the first time if you ask as well. Apparently it's a pretty great calorie burn!

I hope your kid is better soon!

-Sophie,
    Dublin, Ireland
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Alicia hope your Daughter get well soon I hate to see a sick child My daughter Alice and will be egoing thru north Arkansas when we go up to see the New Baby Easter. we just love it up there with all the antique shops. We used to go to all the crafts shows in Oct. before my hips and legs preventive me for all that walking Beautiful country. up and around Bentonville.
    marie
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, You are all doing so well. Congrats! Today is weigh in day for me, and I am very happy with the results.
    SW 200
    CW 194.4
    GW 180
    UGW 140

Down 5.6 lbs WOO HOO!!!
    I had to put the kibosh on eating out. That is what has made the difference for me. My DH likes to go out to eat a lot. All those creams and sauces that resturants serve are diet killers. Since I don't make them, we have both lost weight.
    Hope everyone is happy and healthy this fine day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    :D Marie and Alice, congrats on the new baby

:D Sparkle, congrats on 7 years...have fun at the movies (cinema)....one of the most satisfying healthy rules I made for myself was to eat a healthy snack at home before the movies and eat nothing while watching the movie.

:D Shirley, I have tried clearing out my recipe file, but too many of them are from my mother or special friends and I have a sentimental attachment to them so I keep them----on the other hand, I cook only a few meals from recipes so it probably doesn't matter.

:D Stayed up late, got up late, so some dog walking will happen after daylight---my first appointment this morning is at 10:30 so I have plenty of time.

<3 Good luck to all in staying with your plan no matter what

Barbie

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone, You are all doing so well. Congrats! Today is weigh in day for me, and I am very happy with the results.
    SW 200
    CW 194.4
    GW 180
    UGW 140

Down 5.6 lbs WOO HOO!!!
    I had to put the kibosh on eating out. That is what has made the difference for me. My DH likes to go out to eat a lot. All those creams and sauces that resturants serve are diet killers. Since I don't make them, we have both lost weight.

(*) (*) (*) (*) <3

A Valorie hugh congrats on the almost 6 lbs. Whoo hoo

3425283t8iv7c9lpy.gif

Put you in onederland too. how great is that? you made my day girl

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie thanks for orainizing the Birthday list I made a copy an have been referring to it already its a big help.

marie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new great grandbaby Marie and Alice! 9.5 lbs? WOW! I'd be sqwoishing me some baby cheeks for sure! Easter will be here before you know it!

Congratulations to everyone with the losses we are putting up this week, with a special Woohoo for Valerie (Ms Pirate Lady) for hitting Onederland!!!!!

All this talk about pool workouts made me check our local pool schedule.... When the kids were younger we belonged to a gym that had a pool and I'd take my youngest son swimming 2~3 days a week. Needless to say we got away from that. But no excuses now because the parks & rec program has two free swim times! My new commitment is to start hitting those swim times at least once a week to start "getting our feet wet " again LOL..... Uugh, except visions of me in a swimsuit in public are enough to give me apoplexy ........ I'm just gonna have to suck it in, suck it up, and jump in with both feet I guess!

Have a GREAT Tuesday everyone!

Tami~ Pac NW
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Sparkle, congrats on 7 years...have fun at the movies (cinema)....one of the most satisfying healthy rules I made for myself was to eat a healthy snack at home before the movies and eat nothing while watching the movie.

<3 Good luck to all in staying with your plan no matter what

Barbie

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

That's a great idea Barbie. I wont be able to go home before the movies but I'll be sure to eat something healthy before heading into the cinema so I wont be snacking when I'm there!

I hope you have a great day!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    SW 200
    CW 194.4
    GW 180
    UGW 140

Down 5.6 lbs WOO HOO!!!

5.6lbs is a Fantastic weight loss I'm doing a little dance for you..... and well done on cutting down on the eating out there are just so many hidden calories.

Shirley ..... I love your winter project with healthy recipes, hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea.

Marie and Alice.....A new baby to fuss over , I'm jealous, new born babies are so beautiful, congrat's to you and your family.

1 Hour personal training session this morning which I really enjoyed dispite the -3c temprature . Started decorateing the lounge after breakfast, all the preparation is complete now so will start the exciting bit, painting and wall papering tomorrow .

Congratulations to every one who has lost weight this week, My weight in day is Thursday, I'm hoping for a 1lb loss but the scales haven't moved at the moment.

Happy Tuesday losers.
    Linda North Wales.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thanks Linda. I do like how you sign your post know at a glance who I am taking to.
    I am trying to post. I did share it on Facebook if anyone belong to facebook my home page is under Eula Marie Ward I will keep working on it and maybe Barbie can help me do it. I got a friend to post it on The Golden Sneakers Group But I forgot how to post it here.
    Marie