20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yum! The soup sounds delicious. I'll need to try that and the overnight oatmeal. Thanks for the recipes!

-Alicia
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yay all caught up. I got 3 pages behind read them all. The oatmeal recipe I do it a lot easier than that put oatmeal and use the yogurt with the fruit in the bottom. Eliminates using sugar. I mix it in a plastic container easier to wash. Can you tell I'm lazy.

Thank you for all your concerns about my friend but she fought a hard fight but didn't make it. Her kidney's shut down. She passed yesterday at around six pm.
    If nothing else I sure hope her passing will open my eyes to my weight problem and I do something about it.

Weigh in here is on Thursday. Guess I haven't been here since. Congrats to all you losers. Keep at it. I'm joining you all I've seen two more smiles on my wii I weigh every morning.

See you all lighter.
    Linda in Northern Ontario.

Sorry for your friend's loss. <3

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • Shirley61
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    bARBIE[ now I click a button and don't know how to get rid of it. Seems to be working now. you said something About we an used a link now How is that?

My granddaughter is going to be induced tomorrow night . Mid night tomorrow baby is a week late Doc said he weigh almost 9 lbs Should be born Monday. on my youngest daughter birthday.

Good luck to your granddaughter may all go well.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    This thread makes me happy because being a part of a community of like-minded people makes getting healthy and reaching my goals easier. Thank you, losers!

Connie
    Columbia, SC
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just finished everyone's posts and boy am I behind. :o I hope everyone had a great weekend now that it is evening here. It was my rest day from exercise so I tackled my new grandchild's on the way blanket. I am almost done, I did make one mistake but it was my first time so that happens.

BRJmom _ You asked if anyone was doing more than 2 pounds a week. I am not only l pound for me. I don't like to pressure myself and then I set myself up for failure.
    If you can do 2 pounds that is great!

I had a good eating weekend, I stayed on track with logging.. It's nice when we are home and I can stick with it. We are not home a lot and do eat out at various times.
    That is quite challenging for me. My new resolution this year is to get my recipes out and start a folder on all my healthy and special recipes we like the most and just go by that as a guide. Continue to make those recipes until we get tired of one or two then get a new recipe and add that to the folder. As soon as I get the baby's blanket done that will be my next project.

Have a great night and keep going next week and hope to see a loss.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been absent minded about the fact that I joined this group. A friend request reminded me that I did! Thank you, Stepanie! :)

My weigh in on Friday, January 16th was 180 lbs. So, down 4.7 lbs since January 2nd.

By the way, if anyone sees my weight loss is at 10 lbs when looking at my profile (or if my weight loss meter shows up), I have my start date as December 2012, in which I weighed in at my highest ever weight of 189.8. But, for this challenge, I am using my weight which I was on January 2, 2015.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mtgirl glad you found your way back to us. Sounds like you are doing will well. tho. Congrats on your weight lost.
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday (is that even a thing?) everyone!

I hope you all had a good weekend and are all fresh and rested for a new week! =) I hope your weekend was productive. I got myself out of bed and into a spin class followed by a yoga class Saturday morning, which was wonderful since it really started the weekend off right! Yesterday I had some errands to do in the city so I got some walking in and got some really delicious vegan pancakes from brunch! I went to bed last night with all my workout gear ready for my run tomorrrow...only to wake up at 6.30 to an icy wonderland. Checked the weather and it said it was -6'C! That's really cold for Ireland so tonight I'm going to spin class in my gym instead. The cold is not excuse for no exercise at all but it is a good excuse for a little bit of a morning lie in!

I hope everyone has a great week and hopefully we'll all be big losers =)
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!
    A new week is upon us, and when you look at the calendar, January is just about over. Time sure does fly when we are busy and focused.

Today is a gym day for me, and my body is ready after two days of rest. Going to the store (again) for groceries so should get in extra steps. The sun is going to be out in its full glory again today, and it's supposed to be in the 60s.

Have a wonderful, productive, and mindful day, all.
    Stay strong just for today!

Connie
    Columbia, SC
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Up early...on a holiday? What's up with that? I know! Was excited to see if our new baby had arrived...not yet! I'm sure my mom is also waiting to hear when her great grandson is born. He will share his birthday with my beautiful sister Kathy!
    Have a glorious day...make good choices...get in some steps...but most of all - smile!

Alice
    Bedford, Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :D I am taking my friend to the hospital today for endoscopy.....I hope that I'll be able to walk while I wait for her to have the procedure...but I'm bringing a book and my smart phone in case I have to just sit :'( and yes, I'll bring my own food so I'm not faced with having to eat food that doesn't work for me.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Alice you are right I am on pins and needles waiting for Grayson to arrive. But also waiting for that beautiful sun to pop up too. Enjoy you day off and walk walk.Got to go get my coffee and my reading glasses so I can see a little better.
    Love Momma
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone (or maybe good morning - not sure what time it is across the pond!). How is everyone today?

It is very cold and icy here today, I did manage some walking but I was very slow. I did'nt want to walk too fast and end up slipping on the ice. In total I've done 4.53 miles today. No I'm just looking on youtube for an exercise video to do - my children are all at school/nursery so I figured I may as well find a workout to do.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join In on your weight loss group. just turned 50 and I want to lose 50 pounds. my Goal is 1 pound a week
    Sw 182.6
    Cw180.2
    Gw 130

I have joined the gym many times, I decided four year ago I was losing weight with out joining the gym. I have done real good with walking. I lost 38 pounds however I gained 18 back. I started back 10 days ago I already feel better and getting excited with the weight lost.
    I know this group is 20 pounds off by Easter, I would love that. but my goal this year is 1 pound a week I'm sure I will have weeks that I lose more than that however I will have weeks that I don't lose. this group may have started before today it is 11 weeks till Easter so I'm going with 11 pounds off, but I sure would take to 20. have a wonderful day
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! My birthday is March 24.
    Have a great day!! Ruthie
  • willdo4025
    willdo4025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Linda. I'm hoping I can join this group. You all seem so supportive! I'm almost 48 and have been overweight my whole life. I've yo-yo'ed since starting my first diet at 13yrs old. About 2 years ago, I found MFP and it helped so much. Then, about 6 months ago, I fell off. Just stopped caring & came up with so many excuses. I'm trying to get motivated again and this group seems like a great place for that help. I'm over 213 and would really love to get under 199 by Easter. Hearing how other folks get past their weight struggles is so motivating & reminds me I'm not alone. Thank you all so much for sharing.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi Linda Welcome to this nice and friendly thread.Could you sign you name to your post and also give us your date of birth don't need the year, and where you are from. so we can get to know you better.Thanks......Glad to have you join us. Ok we are shooting for at least 199 breaking onederland by aster. We will be very supported of you [ don't even know if I will make the 20 pounds by Easter But I am certainly going to try. That' s all we can do.
    1962608mfgqgzr55s.jpg

marie :D

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    willdo4025 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Linda. I'm hoping I can join this group. You all seem so supportive! I'm almost 48 and have been overweight my whole life. I've yo-yo'ed since starting my first diet at 13yrs old. About 2 years ago, I found MFP and it helped so much. Then, about 6 months ago, I fell off. Just stopped caring & came up with so many excuses. I'm trying to get motivated again and this group seems like a great place for that help. I'm over 213 and would really love to get under 199 by Easter. Hearing how other folks get past their weight struggles is so motivating & reminds me I'm not alone. Thank you all so much for sharing.

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Not too happy with my weigh in only lost 1/2 pound. So that is 2 pounds in 2 weeks and I really hoped for more. I had 1200 cal. each day so not sure how I need to adjust!!! Any ideas??? I will press on and will find out today if I can start back walking on treadmill.
    Welcome to new members and good luck on your weight loss journey.
    Nancy
    Madison, Mississippi