20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Alice got me in here to say Hello. I am doing OK but still not back to my self. thank you for all the well wishes.
    love Marie

Love You My friend <3 please get well soon we miss you
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Raindancer - All I can say is Wow!!! What an awesome job you have done. Very inspiring.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Raindancer - All I can say is Wow!!! What an awesome job you have done. Very inspiring.
    - Thank you. Still have some to go but I know now I will reach my goal

• MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Raindancer, your success is an inspiration to us all! You look fantastic!

Marie, We miss your cheerful posts! Please get well soon.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Rain dancer so very very proud of you are on a low carb diet. right. Raindancer is another Texas gal. even though we never met in person we been diet buddies thru the years. You look wonderful Debbie. I think this is first picture I seen of you look marvelous Just look at those skinny jeans.
    Love you dear. You must be really proud of your self and you have every right too.

I feel so good I may even get out of my grown and housecoat today. to watch the
    Super Bowl And fixed hubby some chicken and dumpling No not for me. Just for Jerry..
    To all of the rest of you Thanks for all the kind words. Scatter kindness to you all.
    Marie
    Connie really like your list. seems like we have some new ones since I have been sick.
    I am up early this morning and feeling great Have not had a coughing spell but lots of nose blowing. -Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, Marie!!! I am sooooo happy to see you are back in action today.You were in my thoughts and prayers. I knew God had His loving arms around you to get you through.

Nose-blowing is good...it's better out than in!
    Have a wonderful day.

As for me, I'm going to church then we'll go to Charleston for the day. My favorite and only son will be 32 tomorrow, and we are celebrating.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful start to the new month!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am joining this thread. I have been on MFP for three years. I lost the weight, maintained and now watched some creep back on. Like others, I stopped login, measuring and weighing myself. I am back at it and will join the conversation and weight loss.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty". Winston Churchill
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Marie I hope you get well soon.

Raindancer you look amazing, great job!
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    <3 So glad to see you are felling better Momma! I was worried! <3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    1127168qo8basv9g8.gif

Welcome Lambchop!

Yes we will enjoy getting to know you and hope you will reach your goal.

Marie is the head of this group but she is under the weather right now, but starting to feel better.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!!
    So happy that Marie is feeling better.
    Connie hope you have a great day with your son, be safe.

I guess a lot of you will be watching the Super Bowl as will I. Will be pulling for the Seattle Seahawks, I really like Russell Wilson ( he seems to be a fine young man).

Nancy in MS
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Good morning losers! Happy Saturday!

It's been a long month, and here we are on the last day of January. I think we should evaluate our successes this month WITHOUT using the scale as a measure. Hmmmm....what criteria should we use, then?
    How many days did you log in?
    How many days did you plan and complete your food plan?
    How many days did you move your body in some form or fashion?
    How many times did you choose something healthier than you would have a month ago?
    How many times did you choose a different place to eat out based on better choices offered?
    How many times did you pass up something in the grocery store that you would have normally picked up?
    How many times did you go to bed without the bloat, and the promise to yourself that you would do better tomorrow?
    How many times did you wake up feeling optimistic and energized about the day ahead because yesterday you ate right and moved your body?

I am sure you can add more to this list, and I hope you will. We cannot let the scale dictate our success. This is our lifestyle and we will never be perfect, but we must continue to live it the best way we know how to be healthy and fit.

Have a great day!
    Stay strong!
    Connie

Connie this list is such a help to me, it made me realize that although I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks lots of other changes have been happening, I am making much healthier food chooses, I fill in my food diary every day, I wake up feeling full of energy, and I'm fighting and mainly winning the battle of not mindlessly snacking in the evening. So thank you for reminding me that it's not all about the scales.

I do hope you feel better soon Marie there are so nasty viruses about at this time of year.

Linda UK.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    f8ertynd8qom.jpg

I knit while I ride my recumbent bike and watch TV....this picture is the hats I knit in honor of the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.....the part that looks black is really dark blue
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Raindancer ..... you look fantastic, well done for sticking with for so long, I always say that we don't put the weight on in a matter of months it normally creeps on over many years so we shouldn't expect to get rid of it all in just a few short months.

Congratulations to everyone who's seen a loss this week.

I went out for a very cold and windy walk with my eldest daughter today, she is at the beginning of her weight loss and fitness journey so I want to encourage her as much as I can. Despite the weather she really enjoyed our outing so we plan on making it a weekly event which will be nice as we don't normally see a lot of each other.

Hope every one has an enjoyable Sunday.
    Linda UK.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hope you all have a very pleasant night keep in control.

I would love to join you all too. Close to losing 100 pounds so this is what I need!!! 20 pounds by Easter, going for it... New job, new country, new me
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hope you all have a very pleasant night keep in control.

I would love to join you all too. Close to losing 100 pounds so this is what I need!!! 20 pounds by Easter, going for it... New job, new country, new me

You are welcome MFP13 Give it all you got. We will be rooting for you Very every Welcome.That would give my Heart good to see a 100 lb loser reach goal on this thread. Good luck; dear.
    <3 Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    here is our Birthdays for this month of February

Raindancer --Debbie--Feb14--Springtown TX--Wnderful photo of your Debbie

1crvygrl -- Lori -- Feb. 18 -- Indiana

Oguarnera--Olga--February 16--New York

Kokomo1950--Rosie--February 28-- San Antonio, Texas
  • Nitainspain
    Nitainspain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started my 'new' regime 3 weeks ago, & am pleased to say I have lost 3.3 kilos.
    This is the best loss I have achieved for a long time, after starting many times, then giving up because my weight loss is so slow.
    I am doing 5:2 & MFP at 1200 calories per day, although I haven't eaten that many any day, nearly always 900 to 1100, & all without feeling hungry.
    I have visitors out this week, so that will be the test, but have already decided that I am not going to have any alcohol, as I think it is a waste of calories, wish me luck!
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I've started my dietbet today which means I have to take this diet to the next level because I want to win! It was -4 this morning so I didn't get up for my morning run but I have all my gym gear with me for spin class tonight! This month is going to be of getting everything into gear including eating and not giving into temptation.

Congrats on your weight loss Nitainspain! And have a great day everyone.

- Sophie
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself first thing so, starting weight 122.1. I am small so losing 20 lbs will put me back where I was 2 yrs ago.

I am similar to Nitainspain as I have to eat less than 1200 cals a day and NO ALCOHOL!!! Did some reading on metabolism of alcohol and it is worse than just the calories. The liver processes the alcohol first because it sees it as a toxin. All the other foods are stored (as fat) until alcohol is used up as your body's fuel. Then the fat stores start to get used. I gained my weight back when I decided to have one glass of wine which led to two and so on.