Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1744386rd5f1eb3b5.gif[/url]

Afternoon,

Just checking in here to see how everyone is doing. I will check in from time to time
    and will seriously check in after the holidays. Now just maintaining so I don't gain too much and keep things steady.

Hope your day is going well.

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    what lovely graphics you are finding Shirley
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My first full day with my new fitbit One and I love it! I went for a walk in a light misty rain this afternoon and I had planned to walk briskly for one hour. Instead, I walked for 75 minutes in order to get to 10,000 steps, which equaled 4.5 miles! Yeah! Now I get to have a snack of 2% cottage cheese and an apple. I forgot how much I love exercising and eating right rather than being lazy, eating rich food and drinking too much wine! So glad to be here with you all!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wonderful Becky. my daughter just got one She said I walk to slow it probable want work for me. so you reach your 10,000 Steps
    244775b1qinxbtt6.gif
    When you are Happy it makes me Happy.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie cat what is your highest Steps?
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to join this challenge. Marie, you are a motivator. I have read all of this thread and the Golden Years thread. Gonna look up the One, One, One plan.
    SW: 240
    Goal weight by Easter: 220
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to join this challenge. Marie, you are a motivator. I have read all of this thread and the Golden Years thread. Gonna look up the One, One, One plan.
    SW: 240
    Goal weight by Easter: 220

<3 (*) <3
    you are in welcome
    w.gife.gifl.gifc.gifo.gifm.gife.gif

• webby314
    webby314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post and I like the motivation and positivity I'm reading about here on this thread. I'm Maureen and I live in Minnesota. I wish I could post a snowy scene but it looks like we're having a green/brown Christmas unless we get a snowfall tomorrow.

Here's a photo of my new grandson Zachary:
    4f89te8z9k3r.jpg

I'm weighing 179.2 right now and want to be 162.0 by Easter.

I use the Health Kit app on my iPhone to measure my steps and view some nutritional goals, and MFP to log my food daily.

I'm a lapsed Weight Watcher lifetime member (15 years) who isn't going to go that route anymore because I like using MFP much more. It gives me so much more information and is more motivating and FREE! I had surgery in 2013 and gained weight that I haven't been able to lose.

Thanks for your support!
    Merry Christmas!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    webby314 wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first post and I like the motivation and positivity I'm reading about here on this thread. I'm Maureen and I live in Minnesota. I wish I could post a snowy scene but it looks like we're having a green/brown Christmas unless we get a snowfall tomorrow.

Here's a photo of my new grandson Zachary:
    4f89te8z9k3r.jpg

I'm weighing 179.2 right now and want to be 162.0 by Easter.

I use the Health Kit app on my iPhone to measure my steps and view some nutritional goals, and MFP to log my food daily.

I'm a lapsed Weight Watcher lifetime member (15 years) who isn't going to go that route anymore because I like using MFP much more. It gives me so much more information and is more motivating and FREE! I had surgery in 2013 and gained weight that I haven't been able to lose.

Thanks for your support!
    Merry Christmas!

<3 (*) <3

Welcome to our Thread. We are just a bunch of gals and boys homefolks. no White Christmas yet? Keep your finger cross. The cutest little Santa clause I have seen, a sweetie. I have a great grandson name Zackary. He is grown now and riding in motorcycle races. we called him Zack. Yes this is all free and I love it. I am counting on you guys to give me the motivations to loose this fat I am carrying around. Thank you so much for sharing your photo. We really like to get to know all of you. and I do like your short name well I am chicken this week. I am going to take a bye week on weighing going to try to maintain . webby welcome to our thread { I like your short name } post often and good luck on your plan. <3 _marie

w.gife.gifl.gifc.gifo.gifm.gife.gif

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    1791837vuemvbsng5.gif

WEBBY - I love your picture of your family. I will be a new grandma, first time in April and am really excited. I too am a lifetime WW member and have tried going back 3 times and just didn't like it anymore and the set up. I have been here for 4 years now on this site and love it and the people. It keeps me accountable. I am up now with my weight but after the holidays look out I will be losing again.

Marie is a great gal and is very motivated. She is on a new plan now and losing weight.
    I admire her spirit.

Enjoy your time here.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Shirley, you are a dear friend,
    This Christmas morning I lost another lb but will not record it till Jan. 1st. Hope it will still be gone. It is up to me to put the right amount of food on my plate A carb , A protein, and a fat , lots of non starchy veggies. If I do that I should make it thru the Holidays its entirely up to me to do just that.
    1838672dzyygg3v8u.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year we are getting close to 2015 the year we all reach our ideal weiht. Its entirely up to us if we chose to.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, Marie! Thanks for your info on 1:1:1- I downloaded it, and it seems to make sense so far. I had one of each for breakfast this morning, but had two carbs (raisin bread) instead of one. Bread and crackers are my weaknesses, but once this loaf is gone, not gonna buy any for a while. You are so right...it's our choice, and I am so glad I found this thread; I desperately need the support.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Connie
  • sespurlock
    Options
    I need a motivation buddy. An accountability buddy. Someone who won't judge when I slip, but can remind me that tomorrow is another day . I can do the same for you.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sespurlock wrote: »
    I need a motivation buddy. An accountability buddy. Someone who won't judge when I slip, but can remind me that tomorrow is another day . I can do the same for you.

<3 (*) <3

You definite came to the right place. these gal and guys are terrific.
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

you are so welcome to join us hut give us a name or nick name to call.
    my name is marie I have 50 lbs to lose. I am 84 year of age have 3 kids all grown grandkids and 1 great grandkid.
    Be looking forward to hearing from you We can do it. together
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    connie thank you. I need to check that bread part out. their is a forum on the web site where she answer question. for she mention 1 slice and she mention 23 slices. Will try to get to it tomorrow. I have just been sticking to 1 sl. But sure would be nice to have a whole sandwich once in a while.
    The 1-1-1 diet seems to be working real good for me. I notice pinterest has some
    recipes for 1-1-1- too.

gotta run be talking to you all later to see how you all handle your Christmas dinner.
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Becky, I've tried an elliptical at exercise rooms in hotels and didn't like how I felt and they never recorded steps on my pedometer. We have a treadmill at home that my hubby uses. I'll use a treadmill in a hotel when we travel but I really prefer to walk outside. Our weather here in NW Washington has made it possible for me to walk outside every day. I have an Omron pedometer that I carry in my pocket.

Marie, my highest everystep count was just over 40,000 steps on a day when I walked the dogs and went on a long walk in the morning with one friend and another long walk in the afternoon with another friend and then on a short walk in the evening with Jake. My daily step count now is around 18,000......I usually have over 10,000 steps by the time I finish walking the dogs in the morning.

:D We are going to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant today with one friend. I will order my favorite nine flavor chicken and bring half of it home with me.

smiley-greet008.gifIf you celebrate Christmas, I hope this will be a wonderful holiday for you

<3 Barbie from sunny and cold NW Washington
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I am almost tempted to do this, only problem is, I'm currently building muscle, as well.

I don't think I'll be able to do all 20, as I'm also adding muscle mass and the weight will still be there. I'll try, though. Haha.
  • wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 146lbs
    Goal Weight: 130lbs
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    wriri7_x wrote: »
    Current weight: 146lbs
    Goal Weight: 130lbs[/quot

welcome Wriri ********to the20 pounds by Easter Challenge

love having you with us Did you have a nice Christmas?
    Be looking forward to your progress
    258867or530jtlfu.gif
    Marie

• webby314
    webby314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Shirley and Marie, thank you for the welcome.
    Congratulations Shirley on your becoming a grandma soon. It is the best! I'm glad to hear of another WW lifetime member. For a long time I just kept trying to make it work again. I'm so glad to be trying MFP, I like the support and the online tools.

Marie, thanks for the your support, I appreciate hearing about your challenges and how you are managing your weight loss. You're an inspiration!

I just returned from a long walk, 10,000+ steps. I'm trying to do that minimum each day. I downloaded the PACT app on my phone. I signed up to do the gym pact, which means I decided to do 10,000 steps five times a week. When I successfully meet the 5 day pact, I get paid (amount varies but around $2 per week). The flip side is if I don't meet the weekly pact (10,000 steps for 5 days) then I pay $5 per day that I miss. I enjoy the exercise and this has been motivating for me. The money comes from people who sign up who aren't successful. The money is moved through a paypal account.

Christmas wasn't too bad. I had a good day and just got back to counting everything today. My youngest son got engaged last night, so we are all happy about that!

Hope all are doing well on this 2nd day of Christmas!
    Webby