Fed Up

Options
I wanted to share that I watched a newly released documentary last night called "Fed Up" with Katie Couric. Couric covers the ridiculous amounts of sugar that is added to processed foods and goes over some alarming statistics. I already knew processed foods aren't healthy, but this documentary was very interesting and extremely motivational. If anyone is interested, I watched it on Amazon, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. For me, education is motivation. The thought of eating processed foods this morning after watching this makes me cringe! I hope it sticks!!!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That's not a documentary. Also in.
  • marathon23
    marathon23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What would you call it?
  • randomtai
    Options
    marathon23 wrote: »
    What would you call it?

Fear Mongering.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    What would you call it?

Fear Mongering.

This! And In
  • marathon23
    Options
    What would you call it?

Fear Mongering.

Maybe fear mongering for those who aren't capable of watching something and determining what is the important take away from the the information given. If you are a logical person and can riffle through facts and emotional lead ons, then you will be fine and not fall prey to "fear mongering".
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Education is indeed motivating :)

- tabloid journalism based on shaky research, leading with emotional but inaccurate headlines however is not
  • marathon23
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What would you call it?

Fear Mongering.

Maybe fear mongering for those who aren't capable of watching something and determining what is the important take away from the the information given. If you are a logical person and can riffle through facts and emotional lead ons, then you will be fine and not fall prey to "fear mongering".

You're new here. It's cute.

You'll learn in time. Hopefully.

No need to be condescending. What will I learn? That every one here thinks exactly alike? I truly hope not. I was simply trying to share something that has motivated me this morning.
  • randomtai
    Options
    What would you call it?

Fear Mongering.

Mmmm hmm...

mmmhmm.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't call it fear mongering. More propaganda. It's obviously agenda driven (they call on only people who support their agenda, and completely leave out all experts and evidence that disprove their theories.)

Then of course there's the small issue of none of the facts or statistics they present are actually true... But, facts are a minor detail in propaganda pieces.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    there is sugar in processed foods?

stop-the-presses.gif
  • randomtai
    Options
    OHNOES.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    OHNOES.gif

*snigger*
  • marathon23
    Options
    Why am I surprised by the lack of social decency in comments found on the internet? You wouldn't speak to someone the way you have me in person...but yet here you are online.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Education is indeed motivating :)

- tabloid journalism based on shaky research, leading with emotional but inaccurate headlines however is not
    but it does bring in $$$
  • Sued0nim
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why am I surprised by the lack of social decency in comments found on the internet? You wouldn't speak to someone the way you have me in person...but yet here you are online.

That's a good question actually, why are you surprised?
  • randomtai
    Options

Well I am actually more blunt in RL and less nice... but :ohwell: