Fed Up

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lol wow 11k posts...

and my posting history has what to do with the topic at hand?

just pointing at that you OG guys are being kind of rude to this new lady who was just posting about things that interest her. why discourage someone in being active in the web community?

because it is fear mongering and pseudo science
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Well this took a better turn than the normal thread of this topic.

Yes it did, lol.
  • Run_Fit wrote: »
    I was actually going for the shoe salesman look, but it's whatever. :smiley:

replace the bookshelf of bibles behind u with a bookshelf of shoes and you're there. maybe a name tag. but the name can't sound too pastoral. like nothing like "Jonathan, Mathias, Elijah"
  • sassysniper
    sassysniper Posts: 156 Member
    Run_Fit wrote: »

You look great! This thread is my afternoon entertainment. Yes, Tuesdays are boring here. lol

Thanks! I think Tuesdays are pretty boring everywhere lol.

You're welcome! Probably so. Now that NCIS is playing reruns, I've hit rock bottom. lol
  • WatchJoshLift

replace the bookshelf of bibles behind u with a bookshelf of shoes and you're there. maybe a name tag. but the name can't sound too pastoral. like nothing like "Jonathan, Mathias, Elijah"

:smiley:
  • ndj1979 wrote: »
    lol wow 11k posts...

just pointing at that you OG guys are being kind of rude to this new lady who was just posting about things that interest her. why discourage someone in being active in the web community?

then say that instead of like get outta here with your n00b *kitten* *kitten* or whatever you said. ha it is just kinda mean and I hope she posts stuff again cause in my years of lurking I have seen this community be very motivating and supportive.
  • WatchJoshLift
    lol wow 11k posts...

then say that instead of like get outta here with your n00b *kitten* *kitten* or whatever you said. ha it is just kinda mean and I hope she posts stuff again cause in my years of lurking I have seen this community be very motivating and supportive.

I'm not sure he is the one who said that?
  • just saw him list some rules. like aw man cmon. who cares. this internet community is already just so incredibly dorky. maybe add a little pseudo science.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Okay guys, prepare the popcorn!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

The Al Bundy look gets all the ladies.
  • WatchJoshLift
    just saw him list some rules. like aw man cmon. who cares. this internet community is already just so incredibly dorky. maybe add a little pseudo science.

This one is actually quite tame compared to normal.
  • sassysniper
    sassysniper Posts: 156 Member
    Okay guys, prepare the popcorn!!

I got it!
  • tigersword wrote: »

The Al Bundy look gets all the ladies.

omg read that as "ted bundy" and was thinking crap that is super harsh even to me.
  • ndj1979
    lol wow 11k posts...

when did I call anyone a noob *kitten* or tell them to get out?

read much …I know its difficult to combine letters and make them make sense and all but I am sure if you apply yourself it will come to you, eventually.
  • omg you are so bad at this I thought with 11k posts you could come up w/ a better insult than "you are illiterate". :/
  • ndj1979
    omg you are so bad at this I thought with 11k posts you could come up w/ a better insult than "you are illiterate". :/

hmmm and be insulting is something that one should be proud of???
  • oh yeah cliff notes... you didn't literally say "you are illiterate", but that is what you were implying by that strange and uh very unimaginative "diss". did one of your fb friends say that to someone in an argument about gun rights?
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    I need to ask here, because it IS true that a lot of threads get posted twice or three times here. Isn't there a way to get a thread closed with a link to a previous thread or something?

As in: Issue discussed at length here. [link]
    Thread closed.

Just asking because it seems that the right now it just leads to a whole amount of annoyment and frustration from both sides every time without advancing any debates. Oh and let's not forget the CICO vs nutrients threads that end up with people saying the same thing, but coming from different points of view, for twenty or so pages. :smiley:

Then again, maybe it's better this way, as otherwise one would have to go through pages or pages to find the information needed and may possibly miss it?

I was just wondering as I haven't been around for that long, but that is how I usually see it happen on large forums that have recurring debates. :/
  • ndj1979
    oh yeah cliff notes... you didn't literally say "you are illiterate", but that is what you were implying by that strange and uh very unimaginative "diss". did one of your fb friends say that to someone in an argument about gun rights?

*yawn* you bore me…

fly away little fly ..

come back and play when you get your posting history up or actually have some knowledge to contribute...
  • WatchJoshLift
    I need to ask here, because it IS true that a lot of threads get posted twice or three times here. Isn't there a way to get a thread closed with a link to a previous thread or something?

As in: Issue discussed at length here. [link]
    Thread closed.

Just asking because it seems that the right now it just leads to a whole amount of annoyment and frustration from both sides every time without advancing any debates. Oh and let's not forget the CICO vs nutrients threads that end up with people saying the same thing, but coming from different points of view, for twenty or so pages. :smiley:

Then again, maybe it's better this way, as otherwise one would have to go through pages or pages to find the information needed and may possibly miss it?

I was just wondering as I haven't been around for that long, but that is how I usually see it happen on large forums that have recurring debates. :/

All the good information tends to get lost in all the mumbo jumbo. Really, the best thing for people to do is what is going to work best for them. If cutting out all sugar works best for them, then they should just do it despite what anyone else says. I think what gets people up in arms is when people who decide to do something like that acts as if everyone should do it, or they're not doing it right.