Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Replies

• Naomi_13
    Naomi_13 Posts: 33 Member
    joehempel wrote: »
    Naomi_13 wrote: »
    In regards to maxing out, do you max out if you can't complete a move and have to drop down to modifier, for example in a push up move or shoulder taps with jumps. My arms seem to be my weak point so I can't do regular pushups or hold all my body weight on one arm so is that considered when I max out? Or is it when I just can't keep going modifying or not and need a complete rest? Thanks :smiley:

YES....if you switch to a modifier you are adjusting your form and by Shaun T's definition, you MAXed out. Unless there is a reason you physically can't do the move even at the beginning, then you maxed out. So dropping to your knees because you can't do even one push-up I think is okay. But if you can do one push-up without being on your knees, then you maxed out.

If I just dropped down to the modifier when I was tired, I would get through the workout with no problems and be able to say "ohhh I completed the workout without maxing out!" That would be a lie.

I've restarted MAX 30 today, the holidays made it very difficult to keep on track with the workouts......MAXed out at 8:20 with the cardio challenge which was about 30 seconds longer than I did the week before...so here's to new beginnings!!!

Thanks for the input :) I just officially started today as well. However I just got off a 12 hour shift on my feet all day at the hospital so I definitely wasn't feeling this workout and forgot to put my HRM on. I feel like it might have been a better idea to skip today and just do tomorrow after work as I'm only doing an 8 hour shift tomorrow. Any input about working out and doing shift work? I do 12 and 8 hour days and night. I've tried doing workouts at al times of the day but can never find a "sweet" time so to speak.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Lapre79 wrote: »
    I'm not feeling well today, got sick over the weekend. So I decided not to move onto month 2. I'm going to do week 4 this week, which is fine because I missed a few workouts over the holidays.

I stuck with the modifier the entire time during Cardio Challenge and still managed to burn about 317 calories and get my heart rate up in the 200s (the football run portion).

I'm moving on to phase two tonight. Can't imagine how much harder it's going to be. :s

You'll have to let me know what to expect. I should feel well enough to go forward by next week.

It was tough but I don't feel like it was much worse then phase one. Just felt like a continuation of it. New moves... Genie Tuck Jumps maxed me out around 8 minutes or so I think. Burned 380 cals in the 30 mins. Overall I would say if you are doing well in phase 1 moving on to 2 you will be fine.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    I restarted the program with Week 1 today. I also joined Tania's FB Max 30 group to help keep me on track. Fingers crossed! I am determined to finish this program.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    Naomi_13 wrote: »
    Any input about working out and doing shift work? I do 12 and 8 hour days and night. I've tried doing workouts at al times of the day but can never find a "sweet" time so to speak.

Just have to get it in when you can! I'm a 3rd shift worker as well, but fortunately I have the ability to work out when I'm at work if I miss it during the day....I try not to though....no sweet spot, just keep moving.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I started Max 30 yesterday on 1/5. First workout "Cardio Challenge". I maxed out at 11min & 21sec. I was trying to hold on till at least 12 min. but couldn't do it on the first day.
  • Soundwave79
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I started Max 30 yesterday on 1/5. First workout "Cardio Challenge". I maxed out at 11min & 21sec. I was trying to hold on till at least 12 min. but couldn't do it on the first day.

Thats an awesome max out time for just starting. Most I've made it so far is about 12 mins and that was after four weeks doing the vids.

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    Did Cardio Challenge with my buddy and his wife, and she didn't effing Max out....she's an elite tri-athlete though, so that's probably why. My buddy hit the 11 minute mark....mine was 8:20 lol
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Did Tabata Strength, I got a good workout in, but I was constantly interrupted by my runny nose.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Did Sweat Intervals today, maxed at 12:50. 30 seconds longer than last week! Today I just wasnt feeling well at all, didnt get any sleep but I pushed play and did it.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    That's what it's about. You have to be smart, push a little, see what your body will do. If it told you, "absolutely no way" you would have went to bed early, now you can knowing you did what you could and that was great.
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    This will sound insane.. but Friday Fight is the easiest one. The only thing that makes it terribly hard is no breaks. In terms of impact - it's definitely better.
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    I was in the NYC Test Group for this program! I had the great privilege to work out with the man Shaun T himself and Tania too for the entire 60 days! Cannot count my blessings enough to have been given this opportunity! We ended the 60 days back in September and the infomercials should start hitting soon. I'm in some of the short teasers and should be included in the official one when it comes out (hopefully)! Anyway, I started Max:30 again Monday so I'm on Day three tomorrow. I have an accountability group here on MFP if anyone else wants to join up!
    ujv12swpl3d4.jpg
    bi8lf13yczqg.jpg
    estqmpb9lext.jpg
  • ColePens
    Dude huge props to you.
  • jaymvita
    ColePens wrote: »
    Dude huge props to you.

Many thanks! It wasn't easy but I wasn't about to waste the opportunity so I went for it!
  • ColePens
    Yeah - that right there is something I'll bookmark. It proves just how far your mind can get in your way. I literally come to this forum to see exactly that. People who admit the sturggle, committ, and go as hard as they can.

Man... that's what it is all about! That's a beautiful thing. We are all fortunate for Shaun T to be extremely real and caring, too. That's awesome stuff.
  • jaymvita
    ColePens wrote: »
    Yeah - that right there is something I'll bookmark. It proves just how far your mind can get in your way. I literally come to this forum to see exactly that. People who admit the sturggle, committ, and go as hard as they can.

Man... that's what it is all about! That's a beautiful thing. We are all fortunate for Shaun T to be extremely real and caring, too. That's awesome stuff.

EXACTLY! That's also why I love this workout so much. It directly challenges you to WILL yourself just one more rep or one more push-up just at the moment when you swear that you're done. The second you let your mind tell your body to suck it up and do one more, you win, regardless if your max out time is 20:00 or 2:00!

And without question, Shaun T is as real and genuine as they come. He pulled me aside one day because I was so discouraged that I couldn't do more (at the time) and he told me all the above. That turned my *kitten* around in a hurry and I swore that unless I died in that gym, I was going to earn this one.
  • jaymvita
    @ColePens‌ If Friday Fight is the easiest for you, I need YOUR training program! This is what it looked like for me a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qozWd9R9UxU&list=UU-kgdx2lGA58vSPQYfQ8RmA
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    @jaymvita you did an awesome job! Congrats! I won't lie I'm a little envious that you got to workout with Shaun T :smile:

---

I did Sweat Intervals today, and I totally wasn't feeling it. I'm sick, I didn't get enough sleep, and I can't really breathe through my nose, but I sucked it up and got through the modifier track. My burn wasn't nearly as good as when I follow Shaun T, but something is better than nothing. I really wanted to sleep in a little later this morning, but I knew I wouldn't be able to complete today's workout this evening due to bible study. So I forced myself out of bed. Here's hoping tomorrow goes better.
  • jaymvita
    @jaymvita you did an awesome job! Congrats! I won't lie I'm a little envious that you got to workout with Shaun T :smile:

---

I did Sweat Intervals today, and I totally wasn't feeling it. I'm sick, I didn't get enough sleep, and I can't really breathe through my nose, but I sucked it up and got through the modifier track. My burn wasn't nearly as good as when I follow Shaun T, but something is better than nothing. I really wanted to sleep in a little later this morning, but I knew I wouldn't be able to complete today's workout this evening due to bible study. So I forced myself out of bed. Here's hoping tomorrow goes better.

Thanks @jdhcm2006‌ ! Totally understand the envy! Lol. But let me tell you this, after the starstruck feeling died down, I learned to hate that man for 30 minutes a day lol! He's an awesome and inspiring individual and I'm forever grateful that he dedicated that 60 days to us. Tania was also a HUGE inspiration throughout! But she was TOUGH! Well worth it though!

Major props to you for getting out of bed and getting it done! The second anyone lets the excuses win, the game is over. I have an accountability group here on MFP if you wanna join up! Two of us in the group are doing Max:30 now. Two others are doing other workouts but it's just for us to get some support as we do our thing!
  • Soundwave79
    I hate Shaun T every day for 30 minutes to. I swear at him and call him every name in the book. Then when he calls time and does that smile and cool down I love him again :)