Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »
    I hate Shaun T every day for 30 minutes to. I swear at him and call him every name in the book. Then when he calls time and does that smile and cool down I love him again :)

LOL There was one point in our class where I was physically failing and he came over and put his hands on my hips and actually HELD me in place to get through the exercise. I was nearly blind with pain and fatigue and here he is holding me in place so I don't quit. Searing angry hate and unfettered admiration never clashed so hard than in that 60 seconds lol.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That's flat out awesome and your transformation is incredible!!

The only time I had the opportunity with anyone was with Tony Horton and a bit of a conversation on youtube.. No video but damn was the guy awesome for answering my questions.....Shaun T is absolutely someone I need to meet one day!
  • jaymvita
    Options
    joehempel wrote: »
    That's flat out awesome and your transformation is incredible!!

The only time I had the opportunity with anyone was with Tony Horton and a bit of a conversation on youtube.. No video but damn was the guy awesome for answering my questions.....Shaun T is absolutely someone I need to meet one day!

Thanks @joehempel‌ ! It really was an opportunity of a lifetime and we in the group knew how lucky we were to have been selected for it. Tony was in the gym with us one day. I didn't get to meet him but he threw us the thumbs up.

Have you ever made it to one of Shaun T's workouts? He's in Connecticut this April doing his workout. He's a personal hero so I hope EVERYONE gets a chance to meet him.
  • joehempel
    Options
    No, I haven't! The first time he comes closer you bet I will be! I'm getting Insanity Certified later this year, so maybe then?

Tabata Power finally in! 10:40 max out time....those plyo pushups and pop-ups kill me every damn time! It's 20 seconds longer than my last time though! So that's an improvement! Sweat Fest tomorrow!
  • jaymvita
    Options
    No, I haven't! The first time he comes closer you bet I will be! I'm getting Insanity Certified later this year, so maybe then?

Tabata Power finally in! 10:40 max out time....those plyo pushups and pop-ups kill me every damn time! It's 20 seconds longer than my last time though! So that's an improvement! Sweat Fest tomorrow!

Awesome work! I crash and burn during Push Up Pops EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I need to get stronger and BEAT those damned things. :)

Great job!
  • joehempel
    Options
    @jaymvita‌ I had shoulder surgery 9 weeks ago, so I'm surprised I can even do this. Firing my physical therapist for not pushing me hard enough was the best thing I did! Lol.
  • jaymvita
    Options
    @jaymvita‌ I had shoulder surgery 9 weeks ago, so I'm surprised I can even do this. Firing my physical therapist for not pushing me hard enough was the best thing I did! Lol.

Rock on! Get yours!
  • jaymvita
    Options
    @joehempel‌ I'm gonna extend an invite to you to the accountability group I started here on MFP. Feel free to join or decline but if you do join, I'd welcome the daily push while we're Maxing Out!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Max Out Sweat today certainly lived up to it's name. 410 cals burned in the 30 minutes. Right up there with Friday Fight as far as difficulty goes.
  • jaymvita
    Options
    Max Out Sweat today certainly lived up to it's name. 410 cals burned in the 30 minutes. Right up there with Friday Fight as far as difficulty goes.

Nice! Can I extend you an invite too?
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Did Tabata Strength just a while ago, today was another off day like yesterday but I pushed it good. I think the Diamond Jumps shocked the system today and i really got into it. And ended up doing some Namaste Yoga right after, go figure. :open_mouth::blush:
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »

Nice! Can I extend you an invite too?

Sure thanks

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Insanity Max 30. I did Sweat Intervals today and Maxed out at 15:02.
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @ColePens‌ If Friday Fight is the easiest for you, I need YOUR training program! This is what it looked like for me a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qozWd9R9UxU&list=UU-kgdx2lGA58vSPQYfQ8RmA

Yeah I want to commend your form. I saw nothing but solid form throughout the video and that's so vital in these workouts. Props to you for that solid form! You went hard and had to stop when you were maxing.

It's definitely not the easiest in terms of sweat and wanting to die... lol but it is easiest in terms of impact. There aren't a ton of burpees, lunges, squats, and jumps in this one. It's just non-stop movement! If it had breaks after every 5 minutes, I would probably be able to get over 15 minutes on this one. Instead I max out around 8-10 minutes each time. :)

But seriously - good form! I LOVE seeing people go hard and not cheat themselves. That's what makes me want to do these workouts so badly.
  • jaymvita
    Options
    ColePens wrote: »
    @ColePens‌ If Friday Fight is the easiest for you, I need YOUR training program! This is what it looked like for me a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qozWd9R9UxU&list=UU-kgdx2lGA58vSPQYfQ8RmA

Yeah I want to commend your form. I saw nothing but solid form throughout the video and that's so vital in these workouts. Props to you for that solid form! You went hard and had to stop when you were maxing.

It's definitely not the easiest in terms of sweat and wanting to die... lol but it is easiest in terms of impact. There aren't a ton of burpees, lunges, squats, and jumps in this one. It's just non-stop movement! If it had breaks after every 5 minutes, I would probably be able to get over 15 minutes on this one. Instead I max out around 8-10 minutes each time. :)

But seriously - good form! I LOVE seeing people go hard and not cheat themselves. That's what makes me want to do these workouts so badly.

Thanks for the props! I have to give all that credit to Shaun T and Tania. They leaned on us hard to keep good form throughout. And like I said, who am I to question them?

This is by far my favorite workout. The tangible goal of getting that one extra rep or one extra second longer is so satisfying when you get there. Then it becomes addictive.

I sent you an invite to my accountability group if you're game. I could use every push I can get!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Second time doing Tabata Power. I did improve my time by almost 2 minutes. Maxed out at 14:19.
  • lingo10
    Options
    Starting Week 4 tomorrow, almost done with month 1, im so excited. Took the two days rest and did Friday Fight today instead of before. maxed out at 8:06 a little less than the first two weeks but it means I know where I gotta push through and that is the same leg tap wide in and out legs. I know I can push through and I have this last Friday Fight in a couple of days to prove that.

Got Cardio Challenge tmrw. :D
  • lingo10
    Options
    Did Cardio Challenge today, maxed out a little earlier than usual at 6:10 because I have calf soreness on the left side, not sure if injury though, ill have to monitor it. It wasnt bad enough that I could go fully out on certain circuits or moves. I just did a mixture of modified and full out maxed moves, so im proud I stuck it out and proud to be in week 4, cant wait to die in month 2 lol :D
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @jaymvita‌...wow. Incredible that you were so fortunate to work out with the one and only Shaun T...I LOVE him. I am a 40 year old mom of 2 crazy active boys, and 2 years ago, my husband and I invested in Insanity...and I did Insanity 4 times, then both Asylums, T25, and now this. MAX 30 is the all time hardest one for me. However, this time, I am mixing it with running, Body Pump, and throwing in some other workouts here and there. I have completed week one, and half of week two. Friday I did Max Sweat...( thought it was going to die). I told my husband it was the "worst workout ever".... Meaning the hardest!! I just have to do Max Strength and then Friday Fight 2 and then will have tried them all. I plan to weave them in throughout my workouts, but I may go back to master month one:). Since the weather is getting cold, this will likely be a main winter workout....:)

• jaymvita
    Options
    Aarthurdc wrote: »
    @jaymvita‌...wow. Incredible that you were so fortunate to work out with the one and only Shaun T...I LOVE him. I am a 40 year old mom of 2 crazy active boys, and 2 years ago, my husband and I invested in Insanity...and I did Insanity 4 times, then both Asylums, T25, and now this. MAX 30 is the all time hardest one for me. However, this time, I am mixing it with running, Body Pump, and throwing in some other workouts here and there. I have completed week one, and half of week two. Friday I did Max Sweat...( thought it was going to die). I told my husband it was the "worst workout ever".... Meaning the hardest!! I just have to do Max Strength and then Friday Fight 2 and then will have tried them all. I plan to weave them in throughout my workouts, but I may go back to master month one:). Since the weather is getting cold, this will likely be a main winter workout....:)

Hey there! Yes believe me I know how fortunate I am to have been able to have been worked out by the best. Not just physically, but mentally, this whole experience changed me so I'm out to spread the love as much as possible. I absolutely love this workout and I honestly can't say that about anything else that I've done before. Is it hard? Yes. Did it work? Hell yes! Lol. If it's ok with you, I'm gonna invite you to my accountability group here on MFP. There are a few of us doing Max:30 and a few others doing their own things. Doesn't matter the fitness level or program. We're all in it for the same reason and to push and support one another. Let's go! ;)