Doing all the right things but my weight won't budge.

Options

Replies

• catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ok keep eating your McDonalds :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    Ok keep eating your McDonalds :)

That was not discussed. Are you able to understand my question?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I would go to the doctor and have some blood tests to check thyroid levels and similar issues like anemia, vitamin D deficiency, low calcium, etc. My thyroid bit the dust in my late thirties and there was no weight loss possible under any circumstances until I got the correct medication. I am menopausing now but doing fine at a slow and steady pace with weight loss and fitness. You also have to make sure to get enough rest. This seems to be a sleepier time of life for some reason.

Another senseless post to absolve the troll P from personal responsibility.
    ^^ that.
    and you need to EAT to be healthy. Just eat right.

Eat right? What's that mean?

Um... eat healthy? protein, fat, fruits veggies...

Nothing to do with weight loss.

Um... I can't even formulate a response to this.

Why because it's true, you don't need to eat healthy to lose weight you need a deficit. Now I'm not saying there are not advantages to watching macros, but to lose weight it's all about the deficit.

For the past 3 weeks due to surgery I am living on protein shakes and ice cream and I've lost 7 lbs do I recommend it no, but it all comes down to being in a deficit to lose weight.

Yes I'm aware you need a deficit. But you are not healthy if you are eating *kitten* all the time at a deficit or not.

Really? Well my blood work and other tests haven't been better. But again we are discussing weight loss that is strictly a deficit and again a comment like "Eat right" is different for everyone dependent on their goals
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    meh...eat right is a vague term at best. Some people think granola bars are eating right & some people think eating no chemicals or organic or vegan is eating right. None of that is going to make you lose weight unless you're in a deficit.

Catic32...I understand what you mean, but just saying "eat right" convinces people they can eat a million things that are not as healthy as they think & perfectly healthy food in portion sizes that will prevent weight loss. I think the OP is most concerned with lack of weight loss.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Ive noticed that even when I eat really well, at a deficit and exercise every day, I wont lose unless I go to bed with my stomach growling. In other words, I have to close the kitchen about 4-5 hours before bed.

This is me.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Ive noticed that even when I eat really well, at a deficit and exercise every day, I wont lose unless I go to bed with my stomach growling. In other words, I have to close the kitchen about 4-5 hours before bed.

This is me.

That's just because you weigh in in the mornings. It's likely water weight from last night's food. If you give yourself more time between eating and digesting, naturally you'll see a bigger weight drop. But over time there should really be no difference, assuming you're eating the same amount of calories.

Unless you're prone to grazing in the evening, which leads you to eat more than your allotted calories.
  • catic32
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »
    meh...eat right is a vague term at best. Some people think granola bars are eating right & some people think eating no chemicals or organic or vegan is eating right. None of that is going to make you lose weight unless you're in a deficit.

Catic32...I understand what you mean, but just saying "eat right" convinces people they can eat a million things that are not as healthy as they think & perfectly healthy food in portion sizes that will prevent weight loss. I think the OP is most concerned with lack of weight loss.

Yes I agree for a lot of people it is vague as most people do not understand how to eat.

• catic32
    edited December 2014
    Options
    :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »

Yes I agree for a lot of people it is vague as most people do not understand how to eat.
    How are we supposed to eat??

I typically eat with a fork, spoon or fingers depending on what is appropriate per food choice? Am I missing something
  • catic32
    Options
    Clearly you are.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Clearly you are.
    Well you are the expert how do I eat properly? Please share your knowledge...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    haha Nope. Thought it's a learning curve for a lot of people - how to eat right.

so everyone who is not eating "right" eats "wrong"....interesting...who defines right?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Youre_Doing-it-wrong.jpg
  • dbmata
    Options
    Clearly you are.
    What knowledge? She has none, she's trolling.
  • dbmata
    Options
    She can't even answer my most basic of questions.

I'm offended, actually.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Clearly you are.
    What knowledge? She has none, she's trolling.

Hey I'm always willing to learn how to eat properly since I guess my mom didn't teach me
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I typically eat with a fork, spoon or fingers depending on what is appropriate per food choice? Am I missing something
    [/quote]

Chopsticks?

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Chopsticks?