Doing all the right things but my weight won't budge.

Options

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Eat less or excersize more.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I would go to the doctor and have some blood tests to check thyroid levels and similar issues like anemia, vitamin D deficiency, low calcium, etc. My thyroid bit the dust in my late thirties and there was no weight loss possible under any circumstances until I got the correct medication. I am menopausing now but doing fine at a slow and steady pace with weight loss and fitness. You also have to make sure to get enough rest. This seems to be a sleepier time of life for some reason.

Another senseless post to absolve the troll P from personal responsibility.
    ^^ that.
    and you need to EAT to be healthy. Just eat right.

Eat right? What's that mean?

Um... eat healthy? protein, fat, fruits veggies...

Nothing to do with weight loss.

Um... I can't even formulate a response to this.

Why because it's true, you don't need to eat healthy to lose weight you need a deficit. Now I'm not saying there are not advantages to watching macros, but to lose weight it's all about the deficit.

For the past 3 weeks due to surgery I am living on protein shakes and ice cream and I've lost 7 lbs do I recommend it no, but it all comes down to being in a deficit to lose weight.

I interpreted it as an independent statement she was expressing, not necessarily saying that you had to "eat right" to lose weight.

Considering some of the "I'm so hungry" posts where people were told to maybe forgo some of the cookies in exchange for a vegetable or two - I think there's "some" consensus on some of the things "eat right" might entail
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I would go to the doctor and have some blood tests to check thyroid levels and similar issues like anemia, vitamin D deficiency, low calcium, etc. My thyroid bit the dust in my late thirties and there was no weight loss possible under any circumstances until I got the correct medication. I am menopausing now but doing fine at a slow and steady pace with weight loss and fitness. You also have to make sure to get enough rest. This seems to be a sleepier time of life for some reason.

^^ that.

Why because it's true, you don't need to eat healthy to lose weight you need a deficit. Now I'm not saying there are not advantages to watching macros, but to lose weight it's all about the deficit.

For the past 3 weeks due to surgery I am living on protein shakes and ice cream and I've lost 7 lbs do I recommend it no, but it all comes down to being in a deficit to lose weight.

I interpreted it as an independent statement she was expressing, not necessarily saying that you had to "eat right" to lose weight.

Considering some of the "I'm so hungry" posts where people were told to maybe forgo some of the cookies in exchange for a vegetable or two - I think there's "some" consensus on some of the things "eat right" might entail

I'm glad you could interpret what she meant by "eat right" as it's too general of a term. Eating right for me is hitting my macros, what those 2 words mean to someone else who knows.

The thread had nothing to do with I'm so hungry, this was I can't lose weight.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How are we supposed to eat??

I typically eat with a fork, spoon or fingers depending on what is appropriate per food choice? Am I missing something
    Chopsticks?

Ah chopsticks yes I did miss those... that makes me think of sushi YUM
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Because there is NO response to this. A caloric deficit equals weight loss, regardless of how you get there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    ^^ that.

[/quote]

Because there is NO response to this. A caloric deficit equals weight loss, regardless of how you get there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

^^ that.

• MelodyandBarbells
    Options

^^ that.

I'm glad you could interpret what she meant by "eat right" as it's too general of a term. Eating right for me is hitting my macros, what those 2 words mean to someone else who knows.

I'm sorry - I literally just woke up six minutes ago so I may be still foggy. You posted pics of your hubby and dog and answered questions on icecream and gelato but find it odd that someone might post a statement that deviates somewhat from the topic?

• MelodyandBarbells
    Options

^^ that.

I'm sorry - I literally just woke up six minutes ago so I may be still foggy. You posted pics of your hubby and dog and answered questions on icecream and gelato but find it odd that someone might post a statement that deviates somewhat from the topic?

That's because husbands and dogs are awesome.

:laugh: Frankly that's possibly the best explanation that could have ever been given. Good enough for me!

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

^^ that.

This is absolutely, rock-solid truth

^^ that.

:laugh: Frankly that's possibly the best explanation that could have ever been given. Good enough for me!

:heart_eyes:
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is your total calories intake that counts regardless of when in the day you have it.
    No point in going to bed with a growling tummy, that in itself is achieving nothing.
    [/quote]

Yes total calories count but studies have shown if you go to bed hungry, your body burns what's on you instead of what's in your stomach.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Clearly you are.
    Well you are the expert how do I eat properly? Please share your knowledge...
    What knowledge? She has none, she's trolling.

Hey I'm always willing to learn how to eat properly since I guess my mom didn't teach me

lol. Maybe she'll want to teach your mom too. I bet that would go over well. lol.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    It is your total calories intake that counts regardless of when in the day you have it.
    No point in going to bed with a growling tummy, that in itself is achieving nothing.
    Yes total calories count but studies have shown if you go to bed hungry, your body burns what's on you instead of what's in your stomach.

Oh please post these studies
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Clearly you are.
    Well you are the expert how do I eat properly? Please share your knowledge...
    What knowledge? She has none, she's trolling.

Hey I'm always willing to learn how to eat properly since I guess my mom didn't teach me

lol. Maybe she'll want to teach your mom too. I bet that would go over well. lol.

lol yea my mom would love that might be fun to watch
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

28b35
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok keep eating your McDonalds :)

I eat McDonalds 4-5 times/week. As well as Pizza Hut, and a variety of other fast foods. Ice Cream every night. Little Debbies daily.

Guess what, I still look better, and have better overall health markers then 90% of "healthy" eaters out there.

How's this possible? Because a McDonalds burger, a bowl of ice cream, a slice of pizza, roughly accounts for 15-20% of my daily calories.

Meaning 80-85% of my diet is whole, minimally processed foods and when all is partnered together, creates an OVERALL well balanced diet that is nutrient rich, to include covering my micronutrient bases, as well as macros.

But, based on your responses (if you're still around), it's highly unlikley you're actually willing to learn, or (potentially) are incapable of comprehending anything other than your personal biases towards nutrition that are established VIA common dietary misconceptions you likely learned from 'Women's Health', or another form of social media that villifies foods without scientific basis.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

No they haven't.

Please, prove me wrong and post even one VALID study (meaning void of bias & properly regulated) that shows any sort of evidence supporting this statement.

***BARE IN MIND***

Posting a study means posting an actual study.

Magzine or internet articles/write-ups are not studies.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    What Dafuq is going on in here?