Golden Years

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Anne put me on your fit bit list

marie 234@sbclobal.net is my Emaile address. I don't know how to invite you.

Marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    MARIE, I tried but it didn't work. I didn't know you could do that with the Fitbit. I'll ask my son Michael if he can sort it out if he drives over next Friday.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm here too. We've been so busy. Finally bought a new couch. It will be delivered next Sunday. Hope it works.

Jeri

Now WHY did the photo go in a second post???
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    7dgg6bwg9qqz.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeri Your couch is beautiful and can just see your lovely grandkids sitting around on it.

hugs Marie.
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    JERI, that's one posh sofa! I went looking for an armchair but couldn't manage it as I should have taken one of the couch's cushions to make sure an armchair would "go" with it. I found one I liked but son, daughter in law and sales lady insisted I take a cushion to be sure. It's been one crazy day, I was so stressed I bought chocolates for the first time in ages! Ate 5 of them too, sigh. I tell you the older I get, the dafter I get.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne I don't care for candy just too sweet for my taste. But love cake ice cream pies and any baked goods. homemade bread. etc .Did good at lunch eating out. They had some wonderful hot rolls and did not eat any.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    6jjr0qc8hgx2.jpg

one of the gifts Alice gave me for Chrisstmas
    marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Oh Marie!!!!!!!!

Perfect

As for our couch, we drove up to the store every day for 3 days with samples of the coverings. Hope it is okay. We changed our mind about what we were looking for too. At first we thought we might like a love seat as our existing couch is a smaller size couch and we thought it would be nice to have a little more room. So we looked at love seats, took home samples, etc. However once home with them realized we like to sit next to each other and cuddle and a love seat didn't work too well for that. LOL. (We are still love bugs after 40 years).

So back to the store. Actually we hit many, many stores. Finally I think we found what we were looking for. I hope so. LOL

Jeri
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yes indeed us goldies do like to cuddle. Even as long as jerry and I been married we still love to cuddles. He never fails to tell me he loves me a dozen times a day. with a kiss to seal it off.
    marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Lucky ladies, I only get to cuddle the cat these days. Sigh! Anne
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne cuddling with your kittys is so nice too. And they are so lovable. We lost our cat several years ago and still miss her Sometimes she was a pain in the butt. Wanting to help me on the computer and my sewing machine And then we lost our Jack Russell just last Dec. I have not recover from that lost yet.
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes Anne, unless we get some newcomers it might be just us.

Today was my hairdresser apt. and got my hair cut. So nice now, I don't have to be there hours and hours for color and cut anymore. Don't miss it.

After that I grabbed a coffee at McDonald's and then gassed up the car for the week.

Now doing laundry and then my HIIT exercise with Leslie Sasone.

Enjoy the day!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne I do not know much about the fitbit yet. I just push buttons and hope I come up with something But lad to ot us on to be friends I am not incompletion with anyone except my self.Boy you have really put the steps in. congrats. But knew you would.
    marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    MARIE I tried to put your email onto my Fitbit but it said INVALID. I haven't got used to the Fitbit yet so my son said he'd take a look on Friday. No, I aren't in competition either. For me it's just a fun thing and mainly I want to see how much I sleep. To my surprise, despite trips to the washroom, I get the full amount of 8 hours so far. Sunday was the biggest surprise of all, after 3 hours trekking around the stores with son and DIL it recorded 13,000 plus steps for the full day and called me an over achiever! No! Just trekking with shop alcoholic DIL!
    Anyway enough, GOOD MORNING MARIE. Snow and more snow here. I'm staying in again.
    Anne. ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I found you on my fitbit It nice to keep in touch with each other I love talking to you. Its time for my breakfast. and get dress for my trip to Walmart.
    Marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Found you on my Fitbit and sent a message, but don't think it worked. Anne.
  • teenagwood
    teenagwood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I had my doctor apt. this morning and his scale was 2 pounds less than mine so that was
    a nice surprise. I just finished shoveling the driveway so I am using that today for my exercise. Forty mins of shoveling and I am beat.

Now time for lunch.

Good luck with your Fit Bits. I hinted to my husband that it would a nice birthday gift to have one. We'll see. ;)

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    teenagwood wrote: »
    Please add me

just start posting Teena and tell us something about yourself
    my name is Marie I am 84 years With a husband and oodles of grandkids Great Grandkid and one great great grandson just had a new one grandson born this past Monday welcome to this thread looking foward to meeting you.
    Marie

new member folks