Golden Years

Options

Replies

• Blueharebell1
    Options
    Afternoon MARIA, I'm here, just having a busy day. Hope you are feeling heaps better. Hi, SHIRLEY. Nice day up here isn't it, but oh so cold!
    ANNE
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes still cold here too but the sun is shining and it makes things a little better.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Zack, this isn't my first cruise but I always welcome any tips. And yes, I keep all meds, toiletries and a change of undies in my carry on bag.
    Maybe you can get a blow-up doll of a child to keep in a car seat?? LOL You are too funny, but glad they came quickly.
    Have a lovely evening, all.
    DJ
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    DJ have a wonderful cruise.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just got back from Yoga class and on our way to Kathy's for the weekend and getting the nursery set up.

See you ladies when I get back on Sunday.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    morning ladies, storm coming..welcomed rain in this drought N. Cal. area!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    morning ladies, storm coming..welcomed rain in this drought N. Cal. area!

Stay safe jeaniebeanie
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    hey where did everybody go?
    marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    MARIE, hello you, all on your lonesome!!! It looks as if everybody is running around doing chores this snowy (here) weekend. I believe SHIRLEY said she was off helping with the decoration of her coming grand baby's room? I'm so sorry poor Jerry has got the dreaded virus now, and be careful YOU don't catch it twice, like one of my sons did, so NO kissing now!
    ANNE
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    MARIE, another day, and I hope Jerry is feeling a deal better. Such a grey, snow in the air sort of day here. Mounds of snow in my yard. Definitely a stay in day! ANNE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hate to tell you Anne . We are already in our 60's heading for 70's It seems at the moment it is cloudy. So we may not make it.
    have a wonderful time. Waiting on my daughter to show up.

have the most wonderful day.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello Goldies,

I just got back from daughter's and the drive back was not very nice. Snow all the way
    and slippery roads in some places and a few accidents but none that held us up.

We had a productive weekend. Dave painted the nursery, Fraser was away with his buddies out West (B.C.) so we kept Kathy company. We picked up Kristina at the Go Train on Friday instead of Saturday like she told us. Plans had changed, we all went for dinner at the local Pub and had a fish fry. I did have sweet potatoe fries, I thought I will lose most of this when I do my prep tomorrow for my colonoscopy on Tuesday. :p It has been along time since it was just the 4 of us for dinner or anything. Nice to have us all together.

Kathy and Fraser's house is beautiful, lots of room and the backyard looks onto a ravine and surrounded by a fence. Lovely neighborhood and young families in the area.
    On Saturday we got into the baby clothes while Dave painted the nursery. She had clothes given to her by her SIL from ages baby to 5 years old. So we sorted and started a Good will bag for clothes she didn't want. We got 3 bins full of clothes up to age 5. So she has a good start. Kristina had to go back so we drove her back to the bus station this time for her drive home. We did some errands for Kathy and then home for dinner.

This morning Kathy and I took an Aqua Fit class which lasted an hour. An English woman led the class and it was a steady 45 mins. and then 15 min. stretching. A real good workout. After that Dave and I started home and grab some lunch at Swiss Chalet and headed home. Now he is snow blowing the driveway. He shovelled at my daughter's
    4 times because it just kept coming down.

Have a good evening and now for some dinner.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello all
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley glad you are home. hope nice weather is headed your way. Nice visit with your girls
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Good morning,

More snow today and freezing rain. Dave is out snow blowing again and it just doesn't seem to stop. The whole time we were at Kathy's, Dave shoveled their driveway 4 times.

I think he will be more than ready to go on our vacation. 2 weeks to go yet and we are gone to some sunny warm temperatures.

Shirley
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Morning girls, yes, another lovely day in sunny Canada. Who am I kidding! It's overcast, and lightly snowing! The snow fairies, in the form of two hefty contractors, came during the night, waking me out of my beauty (ahem) sleep and dug me out for the 8th time. At this rate I am on a winning streak! Money wise that is. None-the-less I am feeling optimistic and I'm washing my hefty padded jacket. Spring IS in the air, I can smell it.
    ANNE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    we are having very unusually warm days for February just wait till march and we may have some doozies. hope not. enjoy the warmth. Shirley take care after your ordeal. No fun.the before prep.
    have a wonderful day. Shirley and Anne. also anyone who pops in.
    Marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Marie - warm weather in February can be the case in Calgary (not as warm as yours for sure) but just when we start thinking Spring in April we start to get big dumps of snow. The spring is our snowiest time of the year.

We are enjoying the great weather in Las Vegas right now. What a winter treat. LOL
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Glad youto hear from you Jeri.
    Enjoy vegas win some money.It made it to 75 today tomorrow another warm day then more seasonable weather Then back up again.
    Love Marie