Golden Years

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jeri - Enjoy your time in Vegas. We were there on our 25th wedding anniversary many years ago. The Venetian, Aladdin and Paris were not even built then. I guess I have to go back and see what we missed. LOL

What is the temperature?

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am closing the Golden YearsThread

I am posting the link to the The Senior Golden Sneakers group that you may join it is on that I founded back in Dec. 2008. I still post there among several others that are here
    Here is the Link. You are welcome to join. We have a great leader and very nice people you will love itWe are all seniors or close to it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1248-the-senior-golden-sneakers

Marie

• Blueharebell1
    Options
    MARIE! So it's goodbye to golden years and hello to sneakers! I won't post here again but I have a soft spot for this site as you were my first forum.
    ANNE
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Anne would you like to have it. you would make a good leader its all yours if you want it.

I want to thank you for being such a faithful poster. But it is just too much for me.
    Marie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Oh, no thank you, MARIE. I am getting older, and with the spring on the way I'll be back to gardening etc, and probably not on the forums so much. Just thought it a shame, but I can understand as you are on two other sites I believe. God bless, ANNE ❤️
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    P.S. See you on sneakers.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    This thread is not only about weight lost. But how we are coping with our golden years. I tell you it is another world to us.
    So how are you coping.? I am working on losing 20 lbs. by Easter So far Have lost 8 llb. nearly blind, can't hear good, And my greatest fear is Falling and breaking a leg, arm , , hips
    other than that this is a wonderful world we live in. God bless the universe.
    I have a husband that I have been married to for 58 years 3 kids all almost in there 60's and some lovely grandkids and great grandkids. don't believe I have any great great grandkids yet I live in Mesquite Texas and I love the Dallas Cowboys. My husband is a Yankee from Ill.. I was born here. Life is Good. <3<3
    My name is Marie

Tremendous, I loved reading your little bio Calie, thank you for sharing, couldn't even imagine, you've seen everything from the good ole days to the tech blitz and your still going. Most of us would be fortunate to get to the point you are and still be happy. Once again I thank you for sharing and wish you luck!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Devilboy
    I am not leaving MFP just the opposite . I still have the 2olbs Easter challenge thread and belong to the Senior Golden Sneaker group and 1-1-1 discussing the diet book which plan I am on.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1248-the-senior-golden-sneakers I will still be very active in all of the, Met so many nice people.Thru the years This is my home.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post, but will stick with the tried and true SNEAKERS ladies.

See you all at the Golden Sneakers. It was fun while it lasted.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Decided to drop in here again. this as been a heck of a winter for many of us this 2015 year. They say one of the coldest an snowiest winter on record. For most of our northern neighbors. here in Texas it as not been terrible bad no snow or ice yet but here a booger is headed here next Monday. I guess I better make me a big pot of hamburger soup , for the occasioned and a pan of cornbread . ice tea.

The school kids will love it for they have no had a ice or a snow day this year yet.
    jerry and I will have a pleasant day at home.No where to go. just the two of us. and no place we have to go. we love days like that.
    If you are in your golden years tell us you winter news.

Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm back
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    how is the weather in your neck of the woods?
    Here in Texas it is onna get cold.
    may even have a winter mix Monday.

What is on your lunch menu? I am having a bowl of soup
    have a ret day?
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    had butterbeans tonight very good/
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Its cold here. ready for spring. Don't look like it is insight..A few weeks and it will be here.

We are headin up to springfiled ,Mo Easter to see our new geat grandson Hi name is Grayson.. he is so cute.
    talk to you again lster
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I am on the 1-1-1- plan to lose weiht. so far it is working. the best plan I been on in my 84 years
    My meal plan today looks like this

Breakfast Oatmeal. T ground flax seeds, Glass of milk and coffee

=""]unch. Milk shake made from 1 c milk, 1 cup of strawberries 1 pkg splenda 1 T ground flax seeds
    Dinner. lentil soup with veggies, 1/2 banana. roasted brassily spouts 1 T. of ground flax seeds

Hey we only have 28 days this month. March 1st is tomorrow . can you believe that its been a long cold month for us. Don't ever remember any Feb. being this snowie and cold.
    We are definite ready here for Spring.

Marie
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Is it possible no one here in March. Going to check back in later. Maybe this site is closed. Haven't been here in so long.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marie, I hope that your doing well
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wesley58 wrote: »
    Congratulations Marie, I hope that your doing well

Thanks Wesley I peek at your dairy and I see you are on the BPC Blulletproof coffee I try that but it did not last very long But I did like the BPC
    I have not look at that group in a long time. may be I need to take another peek at it.
    Seems like I am doing a lot of peeking these days. Good earing from you
    <3 Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin come back I am still here. Still trying to lose weight too.
    mother nature dump a bunch of snow on us last night. I sure hope this is the last. Enough is enough.
    I was going to close this thread But ran across it and decided to post on it again.Kind of peaceful here
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am looking into a new plan to help my water retention problems. I will be drinking 16 oz of water every 4 hours at least.. Following Dr. Phil 20 20 plan I eat every 4 hours 4 times a day, 6 AM, 10 AM, 2 Pm and 6 Pm.

SW....195.2 March 5, 2015
    CW....195.2
    Lost..0..
    March 10,2015 Will report in every 5 days
    <3 Marie