elphie754 wrote: »
    I14. Your liver is sluggish and you need a good cleanse

No no no and no

Need a good cleanse was your words. Mine was too much alcohol. :D
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    Now you are all being ridiculous but for the record 34 years ago yesterday, I gave birth to a breech baby, born feet first after a 27 hour labour (you win on the length of labour) without any medication whatsoever!!!!

And yes, 30 years ago life was a lot easier physically. My bones didn't creak half as much as they do now.

It wasn't a labor competition..just the first thing that popped into my head. My point was that what feels difficult now won't seem as difficult in the future because it's always more difficult to actually live something than it is to think about.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    And I don't remember saying these woman are complaining.

And I'm sure the single father is amazing. It is hard being a single parent - male or female. All I am saying is that sometimes life is hard and people get tired. They are not making excuses.
    "Life is hard and people get tired," IS the excuse. So yes, they are making excuses.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Now you are all being ridiculous but for the record 34 years ago yesterday, I gave birth to a breech baby, born feet first after a 27 hour labour (you win on the length of labour) without any medication whatsoever!!!!

And yes, 30 years ago life was a lot easier physically. My bones didn't creak half as much as they do now.

It wasn't a labor competition..just the first thing that popped into my head. My point was that what feels difficult now won't seem as difficult in the future because it's always more difficult to actually live something than it is to think about.

mind_blown.gif
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Yes I know what you mean. By the way, my next labour were fine. :)

Just to clarify, the menopausal lady is not me, just an example for point number 1 in relation to hormones. I breezed through menopause so it was a non event for me but I have seen lots of woman suffer through it.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i am 27 3 kids under 5 go to work, still workout try to eat well but sometimes let food choices get in the way. its not an excuse but when pushed to your limits and your tired. me personally i grab the wrong foods. i hadnt yet learnt that for me i cant eat what i want or the types of foods i want. now my work friend she gorges on mcdonalds every sunday and is as thin as a stick. then i have to keep reminding myself she is thin but unhealthy. but it would be nice to have a thin toned body but also a healthy heart.

i had issues before the babies but the babies made it worse since dieting when pregnant is not an option and working out was hard on my body ( i had severe pelvic pain)

can i just add, since dropping the carb level to 90 increasing fat to 53 and protein to 90 i feel great today, not bloated, better food choices, more water and managed to do my 30 day shred without almost crying!!
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

mind_blown.gif

I love Tim and Eric so much
  • LeenaGee
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i am 27 3 kids under 5 go to work, still workout try to eat well but sometimes let food choices get in the way. its not an excuse but when pushed to your limits and your tired. me personally i grab the wrong foods. i hadnt yet learnt that for me i cant eat what i want or the types of foods i want. now my work friend she gorges on mcdonalds every sunday and is as thin as a stick. then i have to keep reminding myself she is thin but unhealthy. but it would be nice to have a thin toned body but also a healthy heart.

i had issues before the babies but the babies made it worse since dieting when pregnant is not an option and working out was hard on my body ( i had severe pelvic pain)

can i just add, since dropping the carb level to 90 increasing fat to 53 and protein to 90 i feel great today, not bloated, better food choices, more water and managed to do my 30 day shred without almost crying!!

It is late here so I won't reply except to say "good for you." It is so great to get rid of that bloated feeling isn't it. I don't believe tiredness, illness, pain etc are excuses. To me they are the reality of life. Take care. :)
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

Just to clarify, the menopausal lady is not me, just an example for point number 1 in relation to hormones. I breezed through menopause so it was a non event for me but I have seen lots of woman suffer through it.

I'm not saying hormone imbalances aren't difficult. I have a hormone imbalance that also makes me extremely tired, hungry, irritable, and even mentally..foggy..but it's not a reason to slack off on the eating right and moving my body front. If anything it should be an ever bigger reason to get those things under control.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options

I'm not saying hormone imbalances aren't difficult. I have a hormone imbalance that also makes me extremely tired, hungry, irritable, and even mentally..foggy..but it's not a reason to slack off on the eating right and moving my body front. If anything it should be an ever bigger reason to get those things under control.

its my number 1 motivation :)
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Healthy eating is why I didn't suffer from menopause so I agree completely. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Yes that would work but in reality asking a tired, menopausal woman who has not slept due to hot flushes and is on her feet all day in an active job, to eat less and exercise more, is asking for trouble.

Well, that would depend. As a menopausal woman, diet and exercise has gotten so much easier for me. I lost 44 pounds while menopausal, and I've maintained for a year. I'm also work a full time job. And, I do have hot flashes.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm a vegan, but I eat meat, and animal products 98% of the time.
    I thought vegans didn't eat any meat or animal products.

A true vegan (as opposed to vegetarian) uses no animal products of any kind, both to eat and in their daily life. No meat, dairy, or eggs. No leather, no honey or beeswax, no wool or silk. If it came from an animal or an animal made it, it is not used.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work of tweaking your diet as you learn more about how your body deals with different foods. Opinions of others can help and or hurt but over time you will sort out on your own what works and what does not work. That is why another over the internet one can NOT give VALID dieting advice what to or not to do to strangers even if they are trained health care providers. Do try to get blood work from time to time if your clinic will do so.

High stress is a huge issue when trying to diet for sure. Weight loss is a LOT more than CICO which is one important factor of weight loss of many.

Again keep up the progress.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work of tweaking your diet as you learn more about how your body deals with different foods. Opinions of others can help and or hurt but over time you will sort out on your own what works and what does not work. That is why another over the internet one can NOT give VALID dieting advice what to or not to do to strangers even if they are trained health care providers. Do try to get blood work from time to time if your clinic will do so.

High stress is a huge issue when trying to diet for sure. Weight loss is a LOT more than CICO which is one important factor of weight loss of many.

Again keep up the progress.

CICO is all that matters...

oh wait let me guess if you are over 50 than CICO no longer applies...

or maybe if you have a fake MFP profile CICO no longer applies too, because fake...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    carbs are my friends, I need them, they are my fuel
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Now you are all being ridiculous blktngldhrt, but for the record 34 years ago yesterday, I gave birth to a breech baby, born feet first after a 27 hour labour (you win on the length of labour) without any medication whatsoever!!!!

You're missing the point . . . At this moment, you can look back and say sure, my life was easier at such and such a time BUT when you're in the middle of it, you think it's the worst it's going to get. Well maybe not the worst, but when you're in the middle of it you don't think to yourself hey when I'm 60 this will seem easier (or whatever age) you think I worked 75 hours this week, plus gym time, plus book club and yada yada and I'm exhausted and maybe I just want to sleep an extra hour or whatever. I'm not saying this makes it ok, but at any age you can't compare it to being older because you don't know what it's going to be like when you're older.

Also - everyone is different. I am thinking my mom is younger than you from your post and she has MS. Would you be saying hey, this should be easy for you because you're younger than me? Come talk to me in 10 years and then we'll talk about tired. It's all relative to the person and what that person is capable of.

• LeenaGee
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

or maybe if you have a fake MFP profile CICO no longer applies too, because fake...

I do not believe that CICO is all that matters.......It is one element of it and matters at 5 or 50. But if it was the be all end all, then weight loss would be simple and we all know that is not true. Most diets over the years have been based on eating less and have been a dismal failure. CICO is not sustainable in the long term.

As for fake profiles - who cares? Who are you ndj? Why don't you give us your full name, age, address, phone number and preferably bank account number. Most of us protect our identities - what is the big deal?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

I do not believe that CICO is all that matters.......It is one element of it and matters at 5 or 50. But if it was the be all end all, then weight loss would be simple and we all know that is not true. Most diets over the years have been based on eating less and have been a dismal failure. CICO is not sustainable in the long term.

As for fake profiles - who cares? Who are you ndj? Why don't you give us your full name, age, address, phone number and preferably bank account number. Most of us protect our identities - what is the big deal?

Science doesn't care if you believe it or not, it just is.

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

What does the bold even mean? Gravity isn't sustainable over the long term...
This discussion has been closed.